Mexican gloves various brands

I have a pair of their training gloves in 16oz lace up. It the softest, most comfortable out of the box Mexican made glove I own. Their lining is the best among the brands I own. I am not put off by an uncomfortable Mexican glove because educated glove buyers know that usage will conform the glove to your hand. There is no other glove that will stand up to hard training the way a Mexican made glove does. Tonight at the boxing gym we did pyramid bag drills. 100 punches, then 200, then 300, then 200, then 100. I actually counted my punches and after every round, the last to still be punching had to do 50 push-ups before beginning again. So either I am very very slow or I am the only one actually counting each punch. Got down on my gloved knuckles and did the push-ups. Mexican gloves can take abuse like no other gloves. Sweat, blood, push-ups and they still look great. Here are my Seyer gloves.View attachment 833113
Those are the high quality Seyer gloves that I’m not sure they make any longer. How long have you had those? If you go to their website and look at the gloves they currently offer, there is nothing on there like the gloves in your picture.

Seyer seem like the Mexican equivalent of Everest or Lonsdale - lots of history & heritage (Ali wore them etc) which they've mostly used to sell to mainstream "casuals" rather than the type of obsessive on here.

I have a pair of their training gloves in 16oz lace up. It the softest, most comfortable out of the box Mexican made glove I own. Their lining is the best among the brands I own. I am not put off by an uncomfortable Mexican glove because educated glove buyers know that usage will conform the glove to your hand. There is no other glove that will stand up to hard training the way a Mexican made glove does. Tonight at the boxing gym we did pyramid bag drills. 100 punches, then 200, then 300, then 200, then 100. I actually counted my punches and after every round, the last to still be punching had to do 50 push-ups before beginning again. So either I am very very slow or I am the only one actually counting each punch. Got down on my gloved knuckles and did the push-ups. Mexican gloves can take abuse like no other gloves. Sweat, blood, push-ups and they still look great. Here are my Seyer gloves.View attachment 833113

Yes, definitely these gloves of you looks nice. Not as the one I've seen, also boxing bags I've seen friends have from Walmart, they don't really seem as good as your gloves.

Seyer seem like the Mexican equivalent of Everest or Lonsdale - lots of history & heritage (Ali wore them etc) which they've mostly used to sell to mainstream "casuals" rather than the type of obsessive on here.

That is also what I believe of Seyer.

Those are the high quality Seyer gloves that I’m not sure they make any longer. How long have you had those? If you go to their website and look at the gloves they currently offer, there is nothing on there like the gloves in your picture.
I’ve had these since 2008. I don’t use them very often because they’re hard to replace.

Hey all
Sharing this picture I've taken yesterday in case anyone can find it useful - and haven't already seen it in my Instagram.
View attachment 833667

Edgar
Edgar, you’re getting good at this. Great visual for comparison.

By the way glove junkies. Do yourself a favor. If you have Instagram go follow “@theboxingcollector”. It’s Edgar training with these beautiful gloves he evaluated. Also, take the poll he has up about Mexican boxing gloves.

Edgar, you’re getting good at this. Great visual for comparison.

By the way glove junkies. Do yourself a favor. If you have Instagram go follow “@theboxingcollector”. It’s Edgar training with these beautiful gloves he evaluated. Also, take the poll he has up about Mexican boxing gloves.
Done. Nice Instagram page!

Hey Guys any recommendations for a proper 16 OZ training glove.
I’ve had lots of brands already and I’m searching for a protective yet firm feeling/feedback. Lots of partner drills, heavy boxing work so the protection must be there + sparring when I’ll be sparring the nice guys I’ll put on my Phenom Gloves.

list of gloves I’ve had:
R2C 2 pairs
Phenom Boxing Gloves
UMA (loved it)
Winning
Huerto & Mexico (winning style)
Fairtex BGV-1/9
Paffen Sport
Hayabusa
ETC, ETC.
Decha/Danger/Joya/Twins/King/Booster/Triump United (love the Death Adders ordered em in 16 oz but they made a mistake and send me 14) this would be the perfect glove for what I’m currently searching in 16 oz however the shipping is €55 which would make em around €180. I punch through the 14 OZ, they’re still nice for bag & Pad work tho.

I was thinking about getting a pair of Rival Gloves (which version)? Adistar or Cleto Reyes. Possibly Top Boxer or Fly?
Any other possible (Mexican or other) recommedations?
All I really want is a glove where I can smash full power, compact heavy feedback and firmness on the right places.
Will be used for Kickboxing, Thaiboxing/Muay Thai, Boxing & MMA.

I’ve had lots of brands already and I’m searching for a protective yet firm feeling/feedback. Lots of partner drills, heavy boxing work so the protection must be there + sparring when I’ll be sparring the nice guys I’ll put on my Phenom Gloves.

list of gloves I’ve had:
R2C 2 pairs
Phenom Boxing Gloves
UMA (loved it)
Winning
Fairtex BGV-1/9
Paffen Sport
Hayabusa
ETC, ETC.
Decha/Danger/Joya/Twins/King/Booster/Triump United (love the Death Adders ordered em in 16 oz but they made a mistake and send me 14) this would be the perfect glove for what I’m currently searching in 16 oz however the shipping is €55 which would make em around €180. I punch through the 14 OZ, they’re still nice for bag & Pad work tho.

I was thinking about getting a pair of Rival Gloves (which version)? Adistar or Cleto Reyes. Possibly Top Boxer or Fly?
All I really want is a glove where I can smash full power, compact heavy feedback and firmness on the right places.

list of gloves I’ve had:
R2C 2 pairs
Phenom Boxing Gloves
UMA (loved it)
Winning
Fairtex BGV-1/9
Paffen Sport
Hayabusa
ETC, ETC.

Edgar Martinez is the guy you want to hear from. I consider him an expert in Mexican boxing gloves. If you have Instagram you need to follow @theboxingcollector I am biased and the gloves you are describing are Casanova lace ups in 16oz. These gloves are indestructible. There is a caveat though. Some folks have tender skin. That does not mean you are a sissy. Casanova gloves have a rudimentary lining and some consider them uncomfortable until they are properly broken in. However, once this glove has been put through about 100 rounds, the natural latex will mold to your hands like they were custom made for you. I have no problem pounding these gloves into the heavy bag because I know what’s coming next. When I get a few new pairs, I use them almost exclusively until they’re broke in. Heat from your fists, sweat and pounding a heavy bag will literally imprint into the leather and latex and you will be very proud of what you have beaten into your gloves. Each pair is a little different but here’s a glove you want others to notice. These gloves represent the intent of the glove maker-to punch at the limits of your ability without worrying about injuring your hands. The men who these gloves are intended to be used by represent all that is noble and courageous when two warriors step into the ring. The fighters I am talking about are the legendary classic Mexican boxers who adopt that style as a badge of their courage and commitment. These gloves, and most well made Mexican boxing gloves are intended to be as durable as these fighters. There is nothing more satisfying than being in top physical condition and really bearing down on a heavy bag with these gloves on. They make that “pop” when you strike the bag and that “whup” when you hit the mitts and the ultimate sound....that “whomp” when you connect with your sparring partners headgear and see his head turn or chin up from a stiff jab. The regulars on this forum will steer you in the right direction. If you’re as nutty as we are about boxing gloves, you’ll get several pairs of several brands like we do. Edgar Martinez has a pair of all the best brands and uses them in his training. Let us know what you decide.

Edgar Martinez is the guy you want to hear from. I consider him an expert in Mexican boxing gloves. If you have Instagram you need to follow @theboxingcollector I am biased and the gloves you are describing are Casanova lace ups in 16oz. These gloves are indestructible. There is a caveat though. Some folks have tender skin. That does not mean you are a sissy. Casanova gloves have a rudimentary lining and some consider them uncomfortable until they are properly broken in. However, once this glove has been put through about 100 rounds, the natural latex will mold to your hands like they were custom made for you. I have no problem pounding these gloves into the heavy bag because I know what’s coming next. When I get a few new pairs, I use them almost exclusively until they’re broke in. Heat from your fists, sweat and pounding a heavy bag will literally imprint into the leather and latex and you will be very proud of what you have beaten into your gloves. Each pair is a little different but here’s a glove you want others to notice. These gloves represent the intent of the glove maker-to punch at the limits of your ability without worrying about injuring your hands. The men who these gloves are intended to be used by represent all that is noble and courageous when two warriors step into the ring. The fighters I am talking about are the legendary classic Mexican boxers who adopt that style as a badge of their courage and commitment. These gloves, and most well made Mexican boxing gloves are intended to be as durable as these fighters. There is nothing more satisfying than being in top physical condition and really bearing down on a heavy bag with these gloves on. They make that “pop” when you strike the bag and that “whup” when you hit the mitts and the ultimate sound....that “whomp” when you connect with your sparring partners headgear and see his head turn or chin up from a stiff jab. The regulars on this forum will steer you in the right direction. If you’re as nutty as we are about boxing gloves, you’ll get several pairs of several brands like we do. Edgar Martinez has a pair of all the best brands and uses them in his training. Let us know what you decide.

Thanks a lot for the excellent description!
What would be the best place to purchase these from? I am from Europe by the way.

Attachments

• IMG-20210303-WA0034.jpg
    IMG-20210303-WA0034.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG-20210303-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20210303-WA0038.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG-20210303-WA0039.jpg
    IMG-20210303-WA0039.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20210303-WA0036.jpg
    IMG-20210303-WA0036.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 31
oh no you're a BJS fan!

How do you like the gloves?
No not a BJS fan really......I have only used the new sporting velco so far but like them but only had chance to use them for 10 rounds

I'm not sure if they are still being made as I don't see you guys talking about them anymore, but just a quick 2 cents on the Boxeo Torres Medina's that I've had for a few years - I absolutely love them and they are super durable and feel great on my hands. The only mild complaint I have is the dye they use bleeds like hell. I have red with white palm and the white palm is mostly pink from the ink bleed. Otherwise a fantastic glove and I will for certain be getting another pair of Mexican made gloves in the future after years of using Thai brands.

Back