Mexican gloves various brands

I still think they use Leftover or B Grade Leather (parts of the Leather Square that doesn't pass QC) from their "other jobs"... :rolleyes:

upload_2021-3-24_15-35-47.png

Not Mexican, but Mexican style. Have many people got the bigger oz 14/16 Top Boxer Aliens? I am trying to determine whether to get a pair in 14oz Velcros, but some photos they look very big and awkward, and in some places they look nice and sleek. Does anyone know if they have been tweaked recently?

I love Topboxer gloves. I have 2 custom made pairs, both in 20oz. I like sparring with heavier gloves. I weigh 183lbs/83 kilos in shape. Although I’m 57, I can still hit pretty hard and when I get gassed I tend to have less control of my punches. Some of the guys I spar with are getting ready for fights. Others have open headgear. It takes some off of the body shots. The best reason of all though is it gets you in incredible shape. I like the feeling of working my chest, shoulders and arms with heavier gloves. Unless it is an extended sparring session, I get out of my headgear and go right to the bag. Good finishing off a hard training session with 4-6 rounds on the bag. It is a courtesy to my sparring partners and is appreciated. Being the oldest guy in the gym still sparring comes with a downside. No one want to spar with an old man unless they’ve seen me before. When other gyms come in for sparring, I get strange looks from their fighters and trainers when I start gearing up. They are not afraid of me but don’t know how to spar with me. You can see the mental calculations going on. Should I take it easy on old school or can I hit him. I tell them I promise I won’t take advantage of them. That breaks the ice. They see I can take a shot and am in really good shape. I don’t bend over or put my arms on the ropes between rounds. I don’t drink water when I’m in the gym. If I get a bloody nose, I’ve had sparring partners stop and ask me if I’m alright. But after a round or two they can see I’m in there to work like they are. I don’t need any concessions, you don’t have to take anything off your shots. I’ll hit you as hard as you hit me. The punches hurt more I’m slower and move less but I can still hold my own. But there are good things about it too. Coaches from other gyms who know me will bring their female fighters and ask me if I can give them some work. Since I’m older they know my ego is in check. Younger fighters are reluctant to spar inexperienced female fighters. It’s the same as it is with me but some of the other gym coaches know I can take their shots and won’t hit them as hard. There is a very good amateur female fighter from nearby whose coach brings her in 2 times a month for sparring. She’s an undefeated heavyweight. She’s about 6 feet tall and can really swat. She’s a police officer and former collegiate basketball player who found boxing in her 30’s. So I give her anywhere from 8-12 rounds. I use my 20oz on her as well. At my age, sparring is the highlight of my boxing. My son is also my frequent sparring partner. Before his camp began he weighed 199lb of big gym muscles. When people see me getting in the ring with a big muscled up boxer they think I’ve lost my mind. I had a coach from another gym ask me “..hey school, you sure you want to spar this guy, I watched him warm up on the bag and he’s got smoke...” I told him “You don’t know me Coach but I’m about to beat the shit outta this guy”. Then I got in there and hit him as hard as I could with him shelling up and laying on the ropes. I can hit him with all I have flush on the jaw or ribs and can’t hurt him so this coach asks my trainer, “..hey, shouldn’t somebody stop this before someone gets hurt...”. My trainer got a kick out of that and told him that was my son.

ABBB447E-36AF-446C-8DF4-38B99C989F3B.jpeg 0E92D269-4512-4813-B1B3-0CDE6527156E.jpeg
Here’s 2 pair of 20oz Topboxer gloves.
CDA99234-4D43-4F71-92D6-205979D0C4B3.jpeg
This is a pair of 20oz Everlast gloves.

Not Mexican, but Mexican style. Have many people got the bigger oz 14/16 Top Boxer Aliens? I am trying to determine whether to get a pair in 14oz Velcros, but some photos they look very big and awkward, and in some places they look nice and sleek. Does anyone know if they have been tweaked recently?

stock gloves: 16oz Win1 / 16oz Alien

151176050-423099495631211-3216378926542785364-n.jpg

151236987-278025940643270-4775665882490296678-n.jpg

stock gloves: 16oz Win1 / 16oz Alien

151176050-423099495631211-3216378926542785364-n.jpg

151236987-278025940643270-4775665882490296678-n.jpg
I’d buy either of those gloves in a second. What’s not to like. For about $110 you can buy one of the best gloves made. My TopBoxer’s are a Win1 and an Alien too. Before you ask, I like them both for different reasons. Win1 for padding and support and Alien for the profile. At 20oz the difference in padding is negligible. When asked on this site I advise the poster to check out Topboxer. Great design, attention to detail, padding, stitching, leather and great customer service. I ordered my custom gloves, got a e-mail with a quote, got a receipt and time they’d be ready, sent me an e-mail with a picture of the finished gloves and about a week later the gloves were at my door. Considering how much customer service can vary when ordering from other glove makers, it is a pleasure to do business with Topboxer. Great gloves. Thanks for the pictures.

What alleged maker of Grant turned out to be a "trap" or exposed as not actually a maker of Grant?
None of them as far as I know got "exposed." I have heard New Sporting, Hernandez, Russian Boxer etc etc have all been or use Grant manufacturers, with exactly zero proof. I was under the impression I would receive a top quality product, which I did not. I think for the amount of effort and the end price for the gloves, the money could have been better spend on something else.

I think, in the future if I want custom Mexican gloves, I will order directly from Juan.

For the moment I am happy abusing my Superiors as they are relatively cheap and have no value after you buy them

I love Topboxer gloves. I have 2 custom made pairs, both in 20oz. I like sparring with heavier gloves. I weigh 183lbs/83 kilos in shape. Although I’m 57, I can still hit pretty hard and when I get gassed I tend to have less control of my punches. Some of the guys I spar with are getting ready for fights. Others have open headgear. It takes some off of the body shots. The best reason of all though is it gets you in incredible shape. I like the feeling of working my chest, shoulders and arms with heavier gloves. Unless it is an extended sparring session, I get out of my headgear and go right to the bag. Good finishing off a hard training session with 4-6 rounds on the bag. It is a courtesy to my sparring partners and is appreciated. Being the oldest guy in the gym still sparring comes with a downside. No one want to spar with an old man unless they’ve seen me before. When other gyms come in for sparring, I get strange looks from their fighters and trainers when I start gearing up. They are not afraid of me but don’t know how to spar with me. You can see the mental calculations going on. Should I take it easy on old school or can I hit him. I tell them I promise I won’t take advantage of them. That breaks the ice. They see I can take a shot and am in really good shape. I don’t bend over or put my arms on the ropes between rounds. I don’t drink water when I’m in the gym. If I get a bloody nose, I’ve had sparring partners stop and ask me if I’m alright. But after a round or two they can see I’m in there to work like they are. I don’t need any concessions, you don’t have to take anything off your shots. I’ll hit you as hard as you hit me. The punches hurt more I’m slower and move less but I can still hold my own. But there are good things about it too. Coaches from other gyms who know me will bring their female fighters and ask me if I can give them some work. Since I’m older they know my ego is in check. Younger fighters are reluctant to spar inexperienced female fighters. It’s the same as it is with me but some of the other gym coaches know I can take their shots and won’t hit them as hard. There is a very good amateur female fighter from nearby whose coach brings her in 2 times a month for sparring. She’s an undefeated heavyweight. She’s about 6 feet tall and can really swat. She’s a police officer and former collegiate basketball player who found boxing in her 30’s. So I give her anywhere from 8-12 rounds. I use my 20oz on her as well. At my age, sparring is the highlight of my boxing. My son is also my frequent sparring partner. Before his camp began he weighed 199lb of big gym muscles. When people see me getting in the ring with a big muscled up boxer they think I’ve lost my mind. I had a coach from another gym ask me “..hey school, you sure you want to spar this guy, I watched him warm up on the bag and he’s got smoke...” I told him “You don’t know me Coach but I’m about to beat the shit outta this guy”. Then I got in there and hit him as hard as I could with him shelling up and laying on the ropes. I can hit him with all I have flush on the jaw or ribs and can’t hurt him so this coach asks my trainer, “..hey, shouldn’t somebody stop this before someone gets hurt...”. My trainer got a kick out of that and told him that was my son.

Interesting point about not drinking water while training. I always thought that it's encouraged in the western gyms to drink between rounds or just at least wash a throat a little. Any particular reason you don't?

What's up guys I'm a new user looking to see if anyone knows how to contact Casanova/necalli and gil directly in Mexico? I speak Spanish. I saw there was a whattsap number for gil posted on here but it wasn't working for me. I'm really more so looking to get with Casanova anyway. Any help will be much appreciated

What's up guys I'm a new user looking to see if anyone knows how to contact Casanova/necalli and gil directly in Mexico? I speak Spanish. I saw there was a whattsap number for gil posted on here but it wasn't working for me. I'm really more so looking to get with Casanova anyway. Any help will be much appreciated
+52 55 9199 6374 contact to Deportes Casanova
+52 55 3711 6725 contact to Deportes Gil

After contacting Casanova I talked with someone and got my idea of what I wanted squared away but...the person I was talking to requested the money via money Gram or western union and idk how comfortable I feel about that...can anyone else confirm that number is legit?

After contacting Casanova I talked with someone and got my idea of what I wanted squared away but...the person I was talking to requested the money via money Gram or western union and idk how comfortable I feel about that...can anyone else confirm that number is legit?
I ordered through this number two times and it was legit. I used PayPal before, but now there's some changes in PayPal policy. Maybe they don't want to use it

None of them as far as I know got "exposed." I have heard New Sporting, Hernandez, Russian Boxer etc etc have all been or use Grant manufacturers, with exactly zero proof. I was under the impression I would receive a top quality product, which I did not. I think for the amount of effort and the end price for the gloves, the money could have been better spend on something else.

I think, in the future if I want custom Mexican gloves, I will order directly from Juan.

For the moment I am happy abusing my Superiors as they are relatively cheap and have no value after you buy them

Which of the brands above did you purchase?

- Hernandez: I have no personal experience with them yet, but I've heard from several sources that their quality is the most in need of help. I'm ordering from them soon, just because I'm curious about them.
- New Sporting: I have two pairs, and they are very good. However, I bought them before the whole customer service thing happened, and I am aware that the quality went down during that time. However, @Edgar Martinez has been buying from them recently, and they seem to be back in the business of making very good gloves. If you bought NS during that time interval of crappy service, that's probably one explantion as to why you weren't happy with what you got. Many, including Carlo from CSquared (who owns a ton of Grants) have said that the early iterations of NS are 99.999976124147% the same as Grant.
- Russian Boxer: I have no personal experience with them, but I strongly suspect they're just another client of either of the two brands listed above, more likely NS.

Also, I think there might have been a false presumption that one should associate Grant with top quality products. Even with authentic Grant gloves, there have been quality control issues. Others have also stated that Grant quality is lacking when compared to Winning, Cleto Reyes, heck some say even Topboxer.

Regarding proof...sadly, we will never have PROOF. Grant will never admit that any of these workshops makes their equipment. The best we will ever have is hearsay, maybe even bits and pieces of evidence, and the best we will ever be able to do is to piece together all the different statements people have made and try to come up with a coherent theory.

Which model of the Superiors are you currently using?

Hii what do you guys think about size from new NS? I have old version, and want to know with their new one.
Is their 16oz size like reyes size or like russian and tm that have bigger shape?
Thank you.

Which of the brands above did you purchase?

- Hernandez: I have no personal experience with them yet, but I've heard from several sources that their quality is the most in need of help. I'm ordering from them soon, just because I'm curious about them.
- New Sporting: I have two pairs, and they are very good. However, I bought them before the whole customer service thing happened, and I am aware that the quality went down during that time. However, @Edgar Martinez has been buying from them recently, and they seem to be back in the business of making very good gloves. If you bought NS during that time interval of crappy service, that's probably one explantion as to why you weren't happy with what you got. Many, including Carlo from CSquared (who owns a ton of Grants) have said that the early iterations of NS are 99.999976124147% the same as Grant.
- Russian Boxer: I have no personal experience with them, but I strongly suspect they're just another client of either of the two brands listed above, more likely NS.

Also, I think there might have been a false presumption that one should associate Grant with top quality products. Even with authentic Grant gloves, there have been quality control issues. Others have also stated that Grant quality is lacking when compared to Winning, Cleto Reyes, heck some say even Topboxer.

Regarding proof...sadly, we will never have PROOF. Grant will never admit that any of these workshops makes their equipment. The best we will ever have is hearsay, maybe even bits and pieces of evidence, and the best we will ever be able to do is to piece together all the different statements people have made and try to come up with a coherent theory.

Which model of the Superiors are you currently using?

Carlo from CSquared mentions in one of his Russianboxer reviews that they're exactly like his Grants, and presumes they could be made in the same place. Same problem though of having no proof. And even then, no guarantee they will be manufactured the same six months from now. His pair and the pair you buy today may not be the same.

Carlo from CSquared mentions in one of his Russianboxer reviews that they're exactly like his Grants, and presumes they could be made in the same place. Same problem though of having no proof. And even then, no guarantee they will be manufactured the same six months from now. His pair and the pair you buy today may not be the same.

Same thing with New Sporting
Same thing with Grant

Prob a dumb questions, but is Grant a particular guy, like Di Nardo is?

And unrelated question (hope I didn't miss earlier in thread), roughly what is the difference between a Cleto Reyes (which I know) and a Necali/Gil?

Back