Mexican gloves various brands

Quick comparison pics of New Sporting vs Hernandez Champs. Both are 16 oz. Both brands allegedly make/made gloves for Grant. Sorry for the night pics, I'll try to take better pics tomorrow.

View attachment 868831 View attachment 868830

It appears that Hernandez Champs gloves are slightly longer and a bit larger than New Sporting gloves. In terms of shape, it seems Hernandez Champs gloves are more similar to the way Grant gloves looked in the 2000s to early 2010s. New Sporting gloves are more similar to the way Grant gloves look nowadays.

Careful examination of the gloves reveal differences in construction technique and other nuances that I would like to explore and share sometime later.

Reminder: Buy your Mexican gear from @Edgar Martinez !!!
Gotta say, I'm really liking the shape of the Hernandez Champs. How are you faring with the thumb?

Gotta say, I'm really liking the shape of the Hernandez Champs. How are you faring with the thumb?

I have to admit the thumb is the worst part of the glove. So awkward and unnatural. Edgar cut the thumb attachment and said that doing so helps it a lot.

I will say that I am extremely impressed with the turquoise blue leather used for this glove. It's like Nike full-grain level good!

I have to admit the thumb is the worst part of the glove. So awkward and unnatural. Edgar cut the thumb attachment and said that doing so helps it a lot.
I think it's not hard to tell before cutting the attachment if cutting the attachment will actually help. If you're straining against the attachment, trying to push your thumb somewhere else, then cut it. IAlthough there's no downside to cutting it anyway as long as you're not going to resell them in future.

I think it's not hard to tell before cutting the attachment if cutting the attachment will actually help. If you're straining against the attachment, trying to push your thumb somewhere else, then cut it. IAlthough there's no downside to cutting it anyway as long as you're not going to resell them in future.

I'm definitely keeping them.

Edgar cut the thumb attachments of his 12oz gloves, but mine are 16oz. It seems that in my case, the problem isn't so much the thumb attachment as it is the thumb reinforcement strip (the thin strip of leather at the base of the thumb on the palm side). That piece of leather resists my thumb from tucking in toward the other fingers.

I'm definitely keeping them.

Edgar cut the thumb attachments of his 12oz gloves, but mine are 16oz. It seems that in my case, the problem isn't so much the thumb attachment as it is the thumb reinforcement strip (the thin strip of leather at the base of the thumb on the palm side). That piece of leather resists my thumb from tucking in toward the other fingers.
Force a tennis ball or something else under there to stretch it out and give you more room

Just got my classic from @Edgar Martinez all I can say is amazing fit if you like snug fitting, small profiled gloves these are the ones for you!

Over lockdown I've purchased a fair few mexican branded gloves 5 in total (Campeon, Classics, Casanova, New sporting & Gil) and yet to get them on in the gym due to covid and also working away.

I know its been done to death but in a few days going to give an initial thoughts review and a comparison between them all, won't be anything lengthy just my personal opinion of what I think straight out the box prior to using them and then maybe a review once I've took them to the gym....but I doubt that as it'll take forever <Eek2>

Just got my classic from @Edgar Martinez all I can say is amazing fit if you like snug fitting, small profiled gloves these are the ones for you!

Over lockdown I've purchased a fair few mexican branded gloves 5 in total (Campeon, Classics, Casanova, New sporting & Gil) and yet to get them on in the gym due to covid and also working away.

I know its been done to death but in a few days going to give an initial thoughts review and a comparison between them all, won't be anything lengthy just my personal opinion of what I think straight out the box prior to using them and then maybe a review once I've took them to the gym....but I doubt that as it'll take forever <Eek2>

Nice! Do you have the standard model Classics or the Mexicombate?

A comparison of Classics vs Gil would be great, as those gloves are similar. I've always been also curious about how Classics and Campeon compare as well.

Nice! Do you have the standard model Classics or the Mexicombate?

A comparison of Classics vs Gil would be great, as those gloves are similar. I've always been also curious about how Classics and Campeon compare as well.

Mexicombate!! They look amazing so far can't wait to get them on.

Yeah they do looks similar side to side but some slight differencees like the tapered wrist on the classics but I'll get into that once I do the comparison!!

Yeah they do looks similar side to side but some slight differencees like the tapered wrist on the classics but I'll get into that once I do the comparison!!

Nice! Yeah, if you had the regular Classics model, it would be a lot more similar to Gil. Mexicombate Classics are a totally different animal altogether when compared to the regular model.

I have a pair of the Mexicombates (care of @Edgar Martinez) and love 'em. I'd be totally interested in a Mexicombate vs. all the other MX brands you bought.

I have a pair of the Mexicombates (care of @Edgar Martinez) and love 'em. I'd be totally interested in a Mexicombate vs. all the other MX brands you bought.

100% I was hoping to do it today but I'll do it tomorrow for sure....tested positive for the virus of doom so getting them tested properly will have to wait.
But they look amazing so far

I see that New Sporting are at full capacity and will now only be taking orders for a waitlist and 2022 delivery.

I see that New Sporting are at full capacity and will now only be taking orders for a waitlist and 2022 delivery.

That must mean Grant, NBNL, Bryant, Leaders, and Salvador put in orders again I suspect lol

For those of you who are curious about the issue regarding the thumbs of Hernandez Champs, here is a comparison pic with the New Sporting glove. Both gloves are 16oz.

As mentioned above, the issue seems to be with the placement of thumb reinforcement strip, which is the thin strip of leather that is sewn at the base of the thumb.IMG_20211222_134429.jpg IMG_20211222_134234.jpg

For those of you who are curious about the issue regarding the thumbs of Hernandez Champs, here is a comparison pic with the New Sporting glove. Both gloves are 16oz.

As mentioned above, the issue seems to be with the placement of thumb reinforcement strip, which is the thin strip of leather that is sewn at the base of the thumb.View attachment 898570 View attachment 898571
I'm glad you put this on, I was going to purchase a pair before I got my boxeo off Edgar and he said you had issues and told me the thumb design on the Hernandez isn't great.

I'm glad you put this on, I was going to purchase a pair before I got my boxeo off Edgar and he said you had issues and told me the thumb design on the Hernandez isn't great.

Good thing is that they're working on improvements, and I'll probably be able to try out the improved version soon

Back