Mexican gloves various brands

Any update on the Boxeo gloves, for months I've wanted a pair and have been in contact with the same person but was a bit worried they may not be authentic, how is the leather, and most importantly, how is the glove in terms of protection and fist shape? Look foward to your response!
I love the Boxeo gloves! I’ve owned Boxeo in the past and have always been very satisfied. They are the best Mexican-made gloves for sparring in my opinion. You just need to break them in a little bit at first of course. Hand protection is great and the quality of the leather is top-notch. I think it may be goat leather but I’m not 100% sure on that...it does feel a little more supple and thicker than regular boxing glove leather. The gloves have that great new leather smell to them too. The only thing I’m not crazy about is the thumb positioning. However, I have this issue with pretty much all Mexican brands where it seems like the thumbs go out to the side too much. I might have just gotten spoiled by the thumb compartment on Winning gloves. But the thumb positioning on Boxeo gloves isn’t that bad, and it gets more comfortable as you break them in, so it’s not really a big deal to me. Have you been talking to the guy from 95erathleticclub on Instagram? His gloves definitely aren’t fake. I just bought a new pair of Juan’s TM gloves from him that arrived yesterday. What was making you think they might not be authentic?

I love the Boxeo gloves! I’ve owned Boxeo in the past and have always been very satisfied. They are the best Mexican-made gloves for sparring in my opinion. You just need to break them in a little bit at first of course. Hand protection is great and the quality of the leather is top-notch. I think it may be goat leather but I’m not 100% sure on that...it does feel a little more supple and thicker than regular boxing glove leather. The gloves have that great new leather smell to them too. The only thing I’m not crazy about is the thumb positioning. However, I have this issue with pretty much all Mexican brands where it seems like the thumbs go out to the side too much. I might have just gotten spoiled by the thumb compartment on Winning gloves. But the thumb positioning on Boxeo gloves isn’t that bad, and it gets more comfortable as you break them in, so it’s not really a big deal to me. Have you been talking to the guy from 95erathleticclub on Instagram? His gloves definitely aren’t fake. I just bought a new pair of Juan’s TM gloves from him that arrived yesterday. What was making you think they might not be authentic?
Just my paranoid self being me haha, I will be in touch with him, I have heard amazing things about Boxeo gloves!

Just my paranoid self being me haha, I will be in touch with him, I have heard amazing things about Boxeo gloves!
Haha, no worries. I’m super paranoid anytime I buy gloves off eBay that they are going to be fake. But I can definitely vouch for 95erathleticclub, as I’ve purchased several pairs from him already.

mxn.png

Got these second hand today, good quality gloves. 14oz, hecho en Mexico.

I don't know how much exactly MXN were charging for them but I'm sure it was a good deal, because these feel like basically Grant gloves. I think they are made by Hernandez who I'm just guessing used to make for Grant too.

Last edited:
I went to the guy from 95eraathleticclubs home today and picked these up. Real nice guy. He brought a bag down full of gear and I couldn't make up my Damn mind but I ended up getting these. They are beautiful imo.

They look great, I really like that plain no nonsense style. Let us know what you think of them when you get the opportunity.

They look great, I really like that plain no nonsense style. Let us know what you think of them when you get the opportunity.
Thanks bro, I'm really happy with them, I bought a custom pair from top boxer and I just can't get myself to destroy that work of art lol. These are beautiful in a different way, and I can't wait to put rounds on these.

Dear fellow Sherdoggers,

I recently placed an order from Juan for 2 pair of his new prototype padded gloves. I ordered them in 16 oz, and was quoted approx. 6 weeks for delivery. Little did I know upon making this order that the gloves would arrive EXACTLY 6 weeks later.

Juan's customer service throughout the entire process was top notch (and is worth commending at the outset). Having owned a pair of his previous version in 16 oz (bought them used a few years ago from another member of this forum) and having heard of his good reputation here on Sherdog forums, I wasn't too worried about placing my first order directly with him.

I made contact with him through his email, which he quickly responded to (as he always did with any follow up questions I had). Some have made the comment that his new gloves look like those made by Adams boxing, and now owning both brands, I can honesty say I completely agree with that statement. For those who don't know, Adams boxing gloves are extremely durable, very comfortable (especially in the thumb area), and while they may be somewhat dense on the outside, they provide incredible shock protection.

Having owned Juan's gloves now for over a week and having used them sparingly on the heavy bag (not yet in sparring, for which these were initially purchased), I can see they will definitely last for a long time...

Also, one thing to point out is that while most gloves which are made in Mexico weigh much more than they are labeled, Juan's FEEL true to weight (I emphasized "feel" because I don't have access to a scale), even as the Adams boxing gloves do (those I actually weighed and were spot on, if not just a little bit less). Both gloves are also very well balanced (not top heavy) meaning that the weight is very well distributed.

One thing in particular I noted was that the inner lining used on both Juan's TM gloves as well as Adams boxing gloves seems to be the same.

Adams gloves have that sound to them like the padding is enclosed in a plastic bag (perhaps to keep moisture off the padding to prevent premature breakdown), but not so is the case with Juan's TM's.

In short, my experiences with both Juan and Carlos (from Adams Boxing) has been nothing but "top-rate" and absolutely "first-class." I really appreciate both of these guys, admire their craftsmanship and will certainly keep doing business with both of them.

EDIT: 6-12-19 with enlarged and additional photo's

IMG_2931.JPG IMG_2930.JPG IMG_2932.JPG IMG_2945.JPG IMG_2944.JPG IMG_2950.JPG IMG_2951.JPG IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2935.JPG IMG_2957.JPG

View attachment 597989 View attachment 597991 View attachment 597995 View attachment 597997 View attachment 598001 View attachment 598003 View attachment 598005 View attachment 598007 View attachment 598009 View attachment 598011

View attachment 597547

View attachment 597549

View attachment 597553

View attachment 597555

View attachment 597557

View attachment 597559

View attachment 597561

Last edited:
Guys I'm on the hunt for a new pair of Mexican made gloves. I'm currently using SABAS SS, the first batch so the good ones, and they have been great gloves for the years that I've had them mostly using for sparring, but the palms are starting to rip on them which happens to all my gloves probably from kick blocking/catching and clinching.

I'm really liking the looks of the New Sporting gloves and have been following them on IG. Is this a good route to buy these through or are their better methods when shipping to the US?

Guys I'm on the hunt for a new pair of Mexican made gloves. I'm currently using SABAS SS, the first batch so the good ones, and they have been great gloves for the years that I've had them mostly using for sparring, but the palms are starting to rip on them which happens to all my gloves probably from kick blocking/catching and clinching.

I'm really liking the looks of the New Sporting gloves and have been following them on IG. Is this a good route to buy these through or are their better methods when shipping to the US?

Don't buy New Sporting

Get Torres Medina or Boxeo or Hernandez instead

Don't buy New Sporting

Get Torres Medina or Boxeo or Hernandez instead
Thanks for the lookout. I'm assuming this recommendation is based on people having issues with getting their orders rather than quality?

I'll probably order some TM's from the dude in the US on IG.

Thanks for the lookout. I'm assuming this recommendation is based on people having issues with getting their orders rather than quality?

I'll probably order some TM's from the dude in the US on IG.

There have been some quality issues also, but the majority of complaints seem to be related to customer service.

There have been some quality issues also, but the majority of complaints seem to be related to customer service.
I can vouch for what j-boxing said, NS had some minor quality issues since the beginning. However, (I guess luckily me), the only things I seen from NS gloves are the glove weight being off and some latex showing around the thumb on the inside (I have this on a pair of Campeon's I own too). I would definitely try out another pair of their stocks, but I would definitely not go to them for custom gloves.

Back