Social Mexico City Replaces Christopher Columbus Statue With Statue Of Indigenous Woman

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Mexico city will replace a historical statue of Christopher Columbus with a statue of an indigenous woman in an effort to acknowledge that people lived in America before it was discovered by Europeans, the city announced Monday.

The statue was taken down in 2020 for restoration, but now will be relocated to a “worthy” place in the city. The new statue will take its place in the Pasa de la Reforma boulevard, according to Sky News.

Of course we recognize Columbus. But there are two visions,” Mexico City Mayor Claudia Sheinbaum said in a statement. “And there’s another vision from here, that in reality a European arrived in America, who made an encounter between two places, and then came the [Spanish] conquest.”

The city’s decision echoes protests against the displaying of Columbus statues and other major historical figures in the U.S. Dozens of cities across the country have chosen to remove statues of Confederate military leaders and Founding Fathers.

Rioters in Washington, D.C., attempted to tear down the city’s Emancipation Memorial of President Abraham Lincoln due to its depiction of Lincoln helping a freed slave rise from the ground.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has also called for the removal of all statues of Confederate figures from the U.S. Capitol.

I don't really care about most of those statues coming down
How ya feel about this
Discuss

Mexico city will replace a historical statue of Christopher Columbus with a statue of an indigenous woman in an effort to acknowledge that people lived in America before it was discovered by Europeans, the city announced Monday.
reeks of insecurity.

-Man who discovered two brand new continents. A modest caring leader with excellent diplomatic skills who catapulted the tribes into a new era technologically

Torn down for

-Some unremarkable ancient woman who made tamales and was probably deceased by age 23

Edit* Apologize for being unclear. But im kidding. Im fully aware columbus was a horrible person.

Last edited:
I didn’t know Mexico was into woke pandering.

-Man who discovered two brand new continents. A modest caring leader with excellent diplomatic skills who catapulted the tribes into a new era technologicaly

Torn down for

-Some unremarkable ancient woman who made tamales and was probably deceased by age 23
You can't discover a place where people already live dipshit.

I am all for taking down statues of mass murderers, but this actually does very little to help with actual problems people face nowadays. But then again, that is the whole point.

Obligatory

wELgunX.png

You can't discover a place where people already live dipshit.

Yes you can dip shit. It was unknown to the rest of the world. He discovered it as in the known modern world at the time finding it. Just like discovering a new animal.

As to the statue sounds like no big deal just the normal vitality signal. Not a big deal putting it up there.

Yeah, that's not how discovery works.
sure it does.
if some galactic empire, connected with many other galactic empires, runs into a tiny marginal planet in the galaxy (earth), and thus introduces it to said galactic network, that empire discovered it. there is no equal terms to that, no matter how much you don't like it. and that's what happened with columbus.

The Scandis and the Irish had discovered North America centuries ahead of lazy Italians and Spanish who didn't get out of bed until 15th century.

Put up a statue of Conor McGregor you fucks.

The Scandis and the Irish had discovered North America centuries ahead of lazy Italians and Spanish who didn't get out of bed until 15th century.

Put up a statue of Conor McGregor you fucks.

Off topic: Some of the things the irish got up to in olden times really blows me away. For example (and I'm not 100 % sure this is verified), I found out a while back that Irish monks had a monastery on Iceland before the norse settled there. When you read up on the early history of basically anywhere, you tend to find out the Irish were there decades to centuries before it was cool.

Lol wait do people need to see a statue of an Indigenous woman to acknowledge that people lived here before Colombus arrived ?. Did they just flat out stop teaching history or did they forget ? Maybe put one of the vikings as well so people can travel the city and learn about all those who were here before Columbus.

Back