Microsoft acquires Zenimax Entertainment for $7.5 billion

Definitely leaves the door open but this sounds more definitive. Left out the second part though.

The contract thing was obvious with the games that had PS5 deals but the “legacy on different platforms that we’ll go do” is interesting. Does that mean older titles with online? Established franchises? I’m exhausted with this tbh.

I’ll just wait for official news on each game and enjoy the exclusives on my PC.

Quite a clear answer.

What's the deal with Doom 2016? I don't get why it's taking so long to bring that game to gamepass. I want to play that shit.

Definitely leaves the door open but this sounds more definitive. Left out the second part though.

The contract thing was obvious with the games that had PS5 deals but the “legacy on different platforms that we’ll go do” is interesting. Does that mean older titles with online? Established franchises? I’m exhausted with this tbh.

I’ll just wait for official news on each game and enjoy the exclusives on my PC.

He's most likely talking about games like ESO.

It goes to all you fucking dorks bickering over console exclusives. Which is hilarious cuz most all yall have all the consoles. Yall arguing over a moot point.
It is ridiculous at this point lol.

What's the deal with Doom 2016? I don't get why it's taking so long to bring that game to gamepass. I want to play that shit.

He's most likely talking about games like ESO.
Doom 16 was on gamepass for upwards of a year...and then got removed.

Should be back on soon enough.

Doom 16 was on gamepass for upwards of a year...and then got removed.

Should be back on soon enough.

Ok good to know. Thought it might have been an issue porting it to the w10 store or something like that.

I don't believe he explicitly said they won't ever be on PSN, so it's still a bit of a mystery as to what they're doing here...
I like the phrasing. Either Nintendo/PS plays ball and allows Gamepass or they dont get any Bethesda games.

I like the phrasing. Either Nintendo/PS plays ball and allows Gamepass or they dont get any Bethesda games.

I just don't know why Sony doesn't up their game in this regard. They already have something similar set up. Just pump some more dollars into it, and secure some more games. The exclusives that would be the big selling point are already there. A Sony service with all of their exclusives on it, would be a damn good counter. MS had to spend some serious cash for this deal. Sony has an exclusive library sitting right there, that people would gladly pay $15 a month for.

I just don't know why Sony doesn't up their game in this regard. They already have something similar set up. Just pump some more dollars into it, and secure some more games. The exclusives that would be the big selling point are already there. A Sony service with all of their exclusives on it, would be a damn good counter. MS had to spend some serious cash for this deal. Sony has an exclusive library sitting right there, that people would gladly pay $15 a month for.

From what Sony has said it doesn't make sense financially for them. Which I would assume is correct because if it did make sense why not do it? They've most likely done the math and realize they would lose money. HZD is a very old game and still sold just over 700,000 in the first month of release on PC.

I think Sonys strategy from here on out is going to be to release their games on PC after a couple of years and get more revenue through that. The good thing for them is if they ever want to go the gamepass route the option is always there.

From what Sony has said it doesn't make sense financially for them. Which I would assume is correct because if it did make sense why not do it?

I believe a company named "Blockbuster" thought something similar. Adapt or die. Subscription based models are clearly the future. I'm not saying Sony is in that "too late" boat that "Blockbuster" was, when they eventually woke up that the industry had passed them by and tried to desperately catch up to no avail, but these are things companies need to get ahead of, because you never know. That "back pocket" option has an expiry date if the industry starts going in another direction, and you didn't keep up. Gotta strike when the iron is hot.

In general, it just seems that a lot of companies get stuck in traditional models when they're so big and don't think anything can hurt them, and it usually comes back to bite them in the ass. Will it be the same with the big three in the videogame industry? Who knows, but I think MS has the better vision at this point in time.

I believe a company named "Blockbuster" thought something similar. Adapt or die. Subscription based models are clearly the future. I'm not saying Sony is in that "too late" boat that "Blockbuster" was, when they eventually woke up that the industry had passed them by and tried to desperately catch up to no avail, but these are things companies need to get ahead of, because you never know. That "back pocket" option has an expiry date if the industry starts going in another direction, and you didn't keep up. Gotta strike when the iron is hot.

In general, it just seems that a lot of companies get stuck in traditional models when they're so big and don't think anything can hurt them, and it usually comes back to bite them in the ass. Will it be the same with the big three in the videogame industry? Who knows, but I think MS has the better vision at this point in time.
It's hard not to see it as arrogance and greed in complacence. It's exactly how Microsoft behaved when they controlled the console market. Sony's telling their customers, "We don't care about providing a better product. It's good enough, or you wouldn't own a Playstation and all those games."

This is what I've been trying to highlight about Sony for the past 6-9 months or so. Microsoft has pushed every forward-thinking or consumer-friendly policy, and Sony has only reacted to match these when they started to get buried under bad press.

It's hard not to see it as arrogance and greed in complacence. It's exactly how Microsoft behaved when they controlled the console market. Sony's telling their customers, "We don't care about providing a better product. It's good enough, or you wouldn't own a Playstation and all those games."

This is what I've been trying to highlight about Sony for the past 6-9 months or so. Microsoft has pushed every forward-thinking or consumer-friendly policy, and Sony has only reacted to match these when they started to get buried under bad press.
When did Microsoft control the console market?

When did Microsoft control the console market?

Uh, the moment Dead To Rights launched on The Xbox in 2002?

Braindead take of the day goes to..

It makes me angry that Ryan Mccaffrey looks the same as he did when I was a sophomore in highschool in 2003 and he was a writer for Official Xbox Magazine.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Braindead take of the day goes to..

That’s the same idiotic mentality that had morons celebrating the Disney purchase of Fox “duuuh now we can get the X-Men in the MCU duurr!” without any consideration of the wider implications on less competition in the industry and Disney controlling all of Fox’s IPs, and no consideration for the thousands of fox employees that lost their jobs due to redundancy as happens in ever large corporate take over.

Back