Migrating VST to another computer

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I have a laptop I've been using my DAW with for about 4 years. I've installed over a hundred VSTs on it. I just got a new laptop and I tried moving the VSTs over by copying the plugin folder to the new compuer.

Probably 1/4 copied fine, but the rest need to be reauthorized. So, I need to look up all their serial numbers, go on I-Lok and deauthorize some and reauthorize on the new laptop.

What a PITA. I've been at this already for about 4 hours or so and I'm only like 1/3 of the way through at most.

Anyone else do this?

No, but I would use google / reddit for best practices.
What DAW?

You don't use a physical iLok? Beats having to reauthorize stuff IMO. And I'm not trying to be nice to PACE, I appreciate what they have done to combat piracy, but they can suck my dick, to be honest. The way they deal with users = garbage. I'd just rather use a physical dongle than have the authorizations tied to my computers (even though that's how it admittedly works with a lot of other software).

And yeah, been there myself a lot. I don't do it in one go. I just install a few at a time. I have an insane amount of plugins anyway, I could probably make do with 10% of it and be absolutely fine.

You don't use a physical iLok? Beats having to reauthorize stuff IMO. And I'm not trying to be nice to PACE, I appreciate what they have done to combat piracy, but they can suck my dick, to be honest. The way they deal with users = garbage. I'd just rather use a physical dongle than have the authorizations tied to my computers (even though that's how it admittedly works with a lot of other software).

And yeah, been there myself a lot. I don't do it in one go. I just install a few at a time. I have an insane amount of plugins anyway, I could probably make do with 10% of it and be absolutely fine.

No, I don't have the dongle, but maybe I'll get one for next time.

Yeah, I'm ditching the VSTs are barely use, so it's kind of good. I'm almost done now.

I'm looking for a working and easy to install Addictive Keys Piano vst. Love it.

I have a laptop I've been using my DAW with for about 4 years. I've installed over a hundred VSTs on it. I just got a new laptop and I tried moving the VSTs over by copying the plugin folder to the new compuer.

Probably 1/4 copied fine, but the rest need to be reauthorized. So, I need to look up all their serial numbers, go on I-Lok and deauthorize some and reauthorize on the new laptop.

What a PITA. I've been at this already for about 4 hours or so and I'm only like 1/3 of the way through at most.

Anyone else do this?

Hey man, you should check out FirComp. It is a new product from a guy JonVAudio. It is available as a free plugin, or a $29 version 2. It is the best software compressor I have ever used (I have a bunch of uad stuff, etc.) I use/used lots of high end hardware compressors, this is the first plug in to hang. Check it out.

PS, I hate what you're talking about in the OP. I despise ilok.

Hey man, you should check out FirComp. It is a new product from a guy JonVAudio. It is available as a free plugin, or a $29 version 2. It is the best software compressor I have ever used (I have a bunch of uad stuff, etc.) I use/used lots of high end hardware compressors, this is the first plug in to hang. Check it out.

PS, I hate what you're talking about in the OP. I despise ilok.

Cool. I just got all of this guys VSTs for like $27:

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/purchase/Wusik-Station-V9-p131234148

The Station synth is actually really cool. I haven't even tried out all the other stuff.

Back