Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Boot camp humps are a joke. Maybe 30-35 lbs.
That would be about right for a female weighing 120 lbs. 1/3 your body weight or 40 lbs. SOF standards (Civil Affairs) is 1/3 your body weight on long distance ruck marches -- ruck sack. 70% or higher on the APFT. At least that is what it used to be.

Did anyone else not know about this dude?
I think it is about time the U.S. military starts using a real 'psychological' entrance test for new recruits. Currently, only three mental health accession tools are used to screen applicants before their entrance into military service: Educational achievement, cognitive testing, and a cursory psychiatric evaluation. The U.S. Army only uses the first one: Education.

Last edited:
Debating going back into the military as a "nasty girl"

Debating going back into the military as a "nasty girl".
I just learned that someone who was active duty Air Force for years and transferred into the Air National Guard has now deployed for 6 months to Qatar. Funny thing is that he never deployed while on active duty. Since Afghanistan and Iraq, the Guard is no longer a place to 'hide out' and finish out your 20 years. I believe most, if not all, National Guard and Reserve units deployed between 2002 and 2011. Other than deployments, it is not a bad deal. One weekend a month and 2 weeks out of the year - annual training. That does not include time in school or any other TDY. Promotion system is still the same. Benefits and payment varies.

Augmented a Crucible on Thursday and Friday , that shit was fun , got those Kids Muddy and Miserable.

Augmented a Crucible on Thursday and Friday , that shit was fun , got those Kids Muddy and Miserable.

Embrace the suck, they must! :)

OIP.LjeqCMn6ls1ANYsjci-DdAHaF8

Crucible on Friday? It doesn't end on Thursday morning now?

I just learned that someone who was active duty Air Force for years and transferred into the Air National Guard has now deployed for 6 months to Qatar. Funny thing is that he never deployed while on active duty. Since Afghanistan and Iraq, the Guard is no longer a place to 'hide out' and finish out your 20 years. I believe most, if not all, National Guard and Reserve units deployed between 2002 and 2011. Other than deployments, it is not a bad deal. One weekend a month and 2 weeks out of the year - annual training. That does not include time in school or any other TDY. Promotion system is still the same. Benefits and payment varies.

I'd be pissed if I had to go to Kuwait or Qatar. Been to Australia, Kuwait (briefly) , and Syria.

He probably wants to get deployed. Especially since he’s guard. Those days deployed go toward your retirement.

He probably wants to get deployed. Especially since he’s guard. These days deployed go toward your retirement.
The whole unit deployed, not just him. Right here from Oklahoma. He works in maintenance. He and the wife have a small son and he was finishing an engineering program at the local university. Bad timing for him and the family. He thinks the money from the deployment will be helpful.
Been to Australia, Kuwait (briefly) , and Syria.
I forgot if you were Army or Marines. Marines have a Reserve program. No 'Marine' or 'Navy' National Guard. I spent some years in the Army National Guard and really enjoyed it.

The whole unit deployed, not just him. Right here from Oklahoma. He works in maintenance. He and the wife have a small son and he was finishing an engineering program at the local university. Bad timing for him and the family. He thinks the money from the deployment will be helpful.

I forgot if you were Army or Marines. Marines have a Reserve program. No 'Marine' or 'Navy' National Guard. I spent some years in the Army National Guard and really enjoyed it.
Marines. Nah, I'm not going back to that gun club lol

He probably wants to get deployed. Especially since he’s guard. Those days deployed go toward your retirement.

It's my understanding that Army Reserve have more say if they deploy but in the NG the whole unit goes.

It's my understanding that Army Reserve have more say if they deploy but in the NG the whole unit goes.
Well, if a whole unit is deploying and it can't fill all of its slots on the 'battle roster', it will snatch soldiers from other units to fill those slots (volunteers first). There are also two U.S. Army Special Forces Group in the National Guard: The 19th and the 20th. I heard those boys are a very tight-knit group since those soldiers have been with the unit for years and know each other and their families really well. @Mike Hagger

Well, if a whole unit is deploying and it can't fill all of its slots on the 'battle roster', it will snatch soldiers from other units to fill those slots (volunteers first). There are also two U.S. Army Special Forces Group in the National Guard: The 19th and the 20th. I heard those boys are a very tight-knit group since those soldiers have been with the unit for years and know each other and their families really well. @Mike Hagger
I think the guard is hit and miss. Because of the longevity of leaders sometimes shitty leaders hold their jobs for far too long. The problem with guard SF, there’s too many skills to stay proficient at on a part time basis. That being said there are some good teams and being guard SF affords a lot of flexibility to attend schools or volunteer to deploy.

i had some buddies that liked kuwait city.

i had a classmate in college from qatar. he offered for me to go over there several times. all i had to do was take care of the travel to/fro. i've never made it but would like to. lol, dude looked like prince
C_jAGdzEPU_d-tINipKc2HufzOZctJv_M5H8zCvpwWS1jrqOO8MCJIeE82M7ZVo4vgOA2Go2YjYVGDSrR2dknLxLXwox5ANNjpKAybFzH4accKsVzJqAuw

...man, this place ha gone without a post for 21 days!
@FloridaCracker has gone without posting for 25 days! That is a first.

* ...anyway, 'Go Army'!

Last edited:
Back