Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

I thought CBRN shit sucked until I had to train and work in one of these:

images

Goddamn CBRN was a walk in the park lol

Some of those have their own A/C system on them. Quite cool and mobile.
Lol never heard of that. They had vests that you could wear that had cooling pack in them. But that was just extra weight.

When we worked in them we hard lined into a huge bank of bottles so we also carried the air, and comm lines (hundreds of feet of that shit) with us and one of us would carry a junction box (big pelican case) plus the escape bottles. SCBA was too limited. Air Supply wasnt long enough.

Ouch.
Hopefully you got some good pay for that.
I worked as a diver for a while after getting out of the service and going to school.
recreational SCUBA is fun.
Doing it for a job, in black water, zero or low vis, way too much gear, and bouncing up and down ....
After a while it tore my sinuses up and I was getting infections and ear problems...
I Was Not sad when an annual dive physical disqualified me (after 7 years lol) for some old scars and dead spaces in my lungs and I had to stick to the surface.

Ouch.
I worked as a diver for a while after getting out of the service and going to school.
Doing it for a job, in black water, zero or low vis, way too much gear, and bouncing up and down ....
After a while it tore my sinuses up and I was getting infections and ear problems...
I Was Not sad when an annual dive physical disqualified me (after 7 years lol) for some old scars and dead spaces in my lungs and I had to stick to the surface.

<6>

Ouch.
No additional pay. Just some cool TDY’s. I got SCUBA certified in high school. I haven’t been diving in ten years lol.

I’m assuming that damage to the lungs is not repairable?

He said the scar tissue and the dead spaces were stiff and less flexible than normal tissue so rapid pressure changes could cause tears and bleeding. I never had a problem, but I was pushing 40 by then, and the thought of not humping all that gear at around and avoiding all the sinus infections was kind of nice, I also wanted to move on with my career so didn’t push it.

lol
This poor guy will never live this down.

lol-can confirm. i was a used to be a FMF corpsman and used to get that from my marines
Yeah and then you have enlisted sailors wearing shiny rank on their collars and that confuses us even more. :eek:

Yeah and then you have enlisted sailors wearing shiny rank on their collars and that confuses us even more. :eek:

it would be so much easier if they would just wear their rank on their sleeves. greenside corpsman do it when they wear charlies.... but no, navy has to be special

When us Puddle Pirates used to wear shiny metal collar devices on our working uniforms I was accidentally saluted as a PO2/E5 by a USAF E9 while headed to the clinic at Langley AFB

Back