Military Roll Call! Veterans, GTFIH!

Same...but when you're getting so close that the CG is firing 2 volleys of warning shots...

When you're right.. You're right...

OGC.97c7e727392045d565e9f7bbe9d61167

So, what do you guys think about this:
"(Female) Army officer (Infantry) says gender-neutral fitness tests could put women at risk"

Link: Army officer says gender-neutral fitness tests could put women at risk (msn.com)

Yeah, it is our girl Captain Kristen Griest, 32. One of the first females to graduate (pushed through) Ranger school. I thought Griest had left the Army. I had no idea she went into the Infantry. She must now be the new 'poster child' for the liberals.

"(Female) Army officer (Infantry) says gender-neutral fitness tests could put women at risk"

Link: Army officer says gender-neutral fitness tests could put women at risk (msn.com)

Yeah, it is our girl Captain Kristen Griest, 32. One of the first females to graduate (pushed through) Ranger school. I thought Griest had left the Army. I had no idea she went into the Infantry. She must now be the new 'poster child' for the liberals.
Sounds like shes advocating a completely neutral pt test so the expectations between men and women become equal.

I expected a different argument.

Ultimately the army is going to get what it needs not what people want. If the army needs bodies it will find a way to keep those bodies from failing a pt test. Male or female.

Sounds like shes advocating a completely neutral pt test so the expectations between men and women become equal.

I expected a different argument.

Ultimately the army is going to get what it needs not what people want. If the army needs bodies it will find a way to keep those bodies from failing a pt test. Male or female.

I have a long story about that just after 9-11.

Sounds like shes advocating a completely neutral pt test so the expectations between men and women become equal. I expected a different argument.
I actually agree with her argument:
"As the Army’s first female Infantry officer, I have long awaited the elimination of a gender-based fitness test. The drastically lower female standards of the old Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT) not only jeopardized mission readiness in combat units but also reinforced the false notion that women are categorically incapable of performing the same job as men. -- To not require women to meet equal standards in combat arms will not only undermine their credibility, but also place those women, their teammates, and the mission at risk."

I was checking DA Form 705, June 1999. The U.S. Army APFT card.
60 points for the push-up event for males of my age group (57) = 18. That's it?
That is in 2 minutes. I'm sure I can knock out at least 35 push ups without being in shape. A 21 year old male needs to knock out 42 repetitions for 60 points. A 21 year old female needs 19 repetitions for 60 points. A soldier needed 70 points or higher (per event) in an SOF unit.

How low has the Army lowered its APFT standards since 2007?

Last edited:
Military Police: Snake safely infiltrates rear area of operations.

Military Intelligence S-2: Reports to ground troops that snake is a non-combatant. Six Infantry wounded. MI states that if the ground forces would have read the nesting diagram provided in the 24 page enemy intel report, they would have known the snake was a possible threat.

I’ve met this person, honestly you cannot take the advice of the 1%, she’s clearly an outlier, no doubt in my mind she scores higher than many of the infantrymen she serves with in regiment. But she’s the exception, not the norm.

I agree partially - make the PT test MOS based. I expect if there’s females in higher intensity jobs, then the pass the same standard. Otherwise, in the motorpool or admin jobs or intel, the attitude of the females there is just pass the test.

Not everyone needs to be the same or equal. Trying to do so harms females that are not like Giest. That aren’t interested in PTing for extra hours each week. But the army is going to army and make dumb ass changes like swapping a 2min plank in lieu of knees to elbows. I’m telling you a correct 2min plank is a fucking nightmare. An improper plank and the only thing uncomfortable is ones elbows.

I looked at what she said again: I got to say maybe she really nailed it. This new ACPFT or whatever the fuck has been a debacle and it’s painfully apparent that the more it’s become “fair” the more obvious that the standard is being reduced to accommodate females.

I’m pretty sure the opposite effect was desired. Should have just stuck with the old simple APFT and called it good enough. True physical fitness is rated by the soldier’s superiors anyways. So units could always add to the annual APFT.

I dunno I’m not a rocket math guy just an E8 who is a f.a.g.... (former action guy)

Last edited:

Did you read your own article lol?

I looked at what she said again: I got to say maybe she really nailed it. This new ACPFT or whatever the fuck has been a debacle and it’s painfully apparent that the more it’s become “fair” the more obvious that the standard is being reduced to accommodate females.

I’m pretty sure the opposite effect was desired. Should have just stuck with the old simple APFT and called it good enough. True physical fitness is rated by the soldier’s superiors anyways. So units could always add to the annual APFT.

I dunno I’m not a rocket math guy just an E8 who is a f.a.g.... (former action guy)
I agree with her as well to a point, but i can't help but feel this is a dishonest way for an officer to posture herself as better than her peers. Which she is obviously, but it comes off as her rubbing in her pt prowess. Most females aren't going to be able to match her standout ability no matter how hard they try.

In my humble opinion, the primary effectiveness of the army is getting alot of people to show up on time to perform mostly menial tasks. The acft (2.0?) addressed this point the best by implementing unit based standards as opposed to general standards. If a female wants to join her (CPT) at a combat arms unit, then by all means have them qualify "heavy". But for the vast majority of FORSCOM your actual physical requirements consist of moving pelican cases at the motorpool as opposed to buddy carrying someone in full rattle.

Last edited:
I agree with her as well to a point, but i can't help but feel this is a dishonest way for an officer to posture herself as better than her peers. Which she is obviously, but it comes off as her rubbing in her pt prowess. Most females aren't going to be able to match her standout ability no matter how hard they try.

In my humble opinion, the primary effectiveness of the army is getting alot of people to show up on time to perform mostly menial tasks. The acft (2.0?) addressed this point the best by implementing unit based standards as opposed to general standards. If a female wants to join her (CPT) at a combat arms unit, then by all means have them qualify "heavy". But for the vast majority of FORSCOM your actual physical requirements consist of moving pelican cases at the motorpool as opposed to buddy carrying someone in full rattle.
Yeah I agree - she’s the outlier and probably would be best if she just generally shut up and reverted to be a quite professional. However, that’s not the precedent set for the last 20 years.

I'm down for another "War" before I retire. This peace time Marine Corps Bullshit ain't it.

Back