Law Minneapolis to vote on disbanding police department in favor of department of safety.

nhbbear

Duty Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
After being struck down by a judge earlier this week, the Minnesota Supreme Court overruled that ruling that now allows a question to appear on the ballot to replace the Minneapolis police department with a “department of safety.”

the wording is below, but it calls for police, “if necessary.” Now what does that mean? It’s anyone’s fucking guess, but mine would be that they reduce the required number of officers, add mental health and social workers, violence interrupters. To pay for this, they will defund the police in my opinion.

Here is the question and wording:

Shall the Minneapolis City Charter be amended to remove the Police Department and replace it with a Department of Public Safety that employs a comprehensive public health approach to the delivery of functions by the Department of Public Safety, with those specific functions to be determined by the Mayor and City Council by ordinance; which will not be subject to exclusive mayoral power over its establishment, maintenance, and command; and which could include licensed peace officers (police officers), if necessary, to fulfill its responsibilities for public safety, with the general nature of the amendments being briefly indicated in the explanatory note below, which is made a part of this ballot?

YES ______

NO ______

Explanatory Note:

This amendment would create a Department of Public Safety combining public safety functions through a comprehensive public health approach to be determined by the Mayor and Council. The department would be led by a Commissioner nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the Council. The Police Department, and its chief, would be removed from the City Charter. The Public Safety Department could include police officers, but the minimum funding requirement would be eliminated.

Explanatory Note: This amendment would create a Department of Public Safety combining public safety functions through a comprehensive public health approach to be determined by the Mayor and Council. The department would be led by a Commissioner nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the Council. The Police Department, and its chief, would be removed from the City Charter. The Public Safety Department could include police officers, but the minimum funding requirement would be eliminated.

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/aft...n-early-voting-begins-in-minneapolis/6241040/

Not if people die because of it.
That's a concern, yes. I don't mean to be callous but people are dying anyway. If it got implemented and there was a huge spike in homicide, we'd know pretty quickly and hopefully people would understand that LE is necessary. Go for an impact dynamic. The reasoning would be that overall, with time, more lives would be spared.

After being struck down by a judge earlier this week, the Minnesota Supreme Court overruled that ruling that now allows a question to appear on the ballot to replace the Minneapolis police department with a “department of safety.”

the wording is below, but it calls for police, “if necessary.” Now what does that mean? It’s anyone’s fucking guess, but mine would be that they reduce the required number of officers, add mental health and social workers, violence interrupters. To pay for this, they will defund the police in my opinion.

Here is the question and wording:

Shall the Minneapolis City Charter be amended to remove the Police Department and replace it with a Department of Public Safety that employs a comprehensive public health approach to the delivery of functions by the Department of Public Safety, with those specific functions to be determined by the Mayor and City Council by ordinance; which will not be subject to exclusive mayoral power over its establishment, maintenance, and command; and which could include licensed peace officers (police officers), if necessary, to fulfill its responsibilities for public safety, with the general nature of the amendments being briefly indicated in the explanatory note below, which is made a part of this ballot?

YES ______

NO ______

Explanatory Note:

This amendment would create a Department of Public Safety combining public safety functions through a comprehensive public health approach to be determined by the Mayor and Council. The department would be led by a Commissioner nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the Council. The Police Department, and its chief, would be removed from the City Charter. The Public Safety Department could include police officers, but the minimum funding requirement would be eliminated.

Explanatory Note: This amendment would create a Department of Public Safety combining public safety functions through a comprehensive public health approach to be determined by the Mayor and Council. The department would be led by a Commissioner nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the Council. The Police Department, and its chief, would be removed from the City Charter. The Public Safety Department could include police officers, but the minimum funding requirement would be eliminated.

https://kstp.com/minnesota-news/aft...n-early-voting-begins-in-minneapolis/6241040/

Haha!! Department of SAFETY

Please tell me that this is State that has the Rep who uses her personal donations to pay for her own Security Detail for her SAFETY.. .please...

Criminals will vote YES. Weak minded people will vote YES because someone told them they should.

Will it be enough? I doubt it, but you never know. We live in a time when saying "all lives matter" is the wrong thing to say.

Haha!! Department of SAFETY

Please tell me that this is State that has the Rep who uses her personal donations to pay for her own Security Detail for her SAFETY.. .please...

yup.

According to Federal Election Commission (FEC) records, Bush, Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-New York), Representative Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota), and Representative Ayanna Pressley (D-Massachusetts) spent a combined total of $79,559.81 on security services from January through March, the Daily Caller reported.

"Public health approach". That means that rapists and murderers and drug dealers will be rampaging in the street, but people not wearing their mask or are late on this months booster will be flogged.
They could just start giving the rapists, murderers, and drug dealers a monthly allowance to not do those things.

pretty irresponsible to disband law enforcement. now how are we gonna cull the population of family dogs with gunfire?

Now what could go wrong..?
If only the people who allow, vote and champion for this garbage I’ll get hurt, then I say :
YES!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back