Mitts for a female MT/Kickboxing pro

Lucas Coradini

Green Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Sup, bros... Quick video of me holding the mitts for my student. We were working on balance and pre set combos/reactions, as well as a number system. You'll see it's a work in progress

What y'all think?

Y’all look good together. She can obviously crack and those hooks are enough to floor anyone at her weight class. I’d get her working on bending her knees a bit more and having some head movement going between strikes

I guess we can call it brazilian shitty reality show, or reality shit show lol better keep those borders closed for brazilians, y'all, otherwise you also run the risk of having your blank hairdos become cool afros like mine

it's a new Covid-19 variant called Superfly <Moves>

Thanks for the comments, dudes *fistbump*

And yea, she's a beautiful lol give her a follow if you want

She has pop. Stays pretty grounded on her punches with her feet firmly under her. Hooks to the body looks like her strongest punch. Technique wise she's pretty decent on the basics, but she does stand a little too tall in her stance I'd say, as far as her legs go, and seems a little rigid. Would be cool to see you guys do fight mimicking drills, I suspect with more movement she wont look as clean. Seems like she's ready for that level though!

Also, she's very hot. And sick fro dude.

Would be cool to see you guys do fight mimicking drills.

We did this a while back

And here more recently (shadowboxing, play sparring, padwork)

But yes, she does need to loosen up. Specially shadowboxing. Now about her stance being tall, which you and @DoctorTaco pointed, you're right. But remember that we are mainly kickboxers/muay thai fighters, and while she does have good hands and previous boxing training, blending and/or flowing between both styles/stances is very hard. We'll get there, tho. She very disciplined!

Bonus

We did this a while back

And here more recently (shadowboxing, play sparring, padwork)

But yes, she does need to loosen up. Specially shadowboxing. Now about her stance being tall, which you and @DoctorTaco pointed, you're right. But remember that we are mainly kickboxers/muay thai fighters, and while she does have good hands and previous boxing training, blending and/or flowing between both styles/stances is very hard. We'll get there, tho. She very disciplined!

Bonus

Yeah KB/MT is a bit of a different beast. I'm always impressed that you guys tend to be so crisp and firmly grounded when punching, while standing that tall. I guess the more stationary style might help students better develop that, because most boxers with tall stances dont have the same balance. Probably the focus on the clinch too. Anyway.

Yeah she looks alright, and can scrap too! Obviously more to work on, but so far so good. And you are still looking as explosive as ever, holy hell those kicks man. Your physical talent in that regard is legitimately high level. Not just good, you remind me of Aldo. Still competing?

And you are still looking as explosive as ever, holy hell those kicks man. Your physical talent in that regard is legitimately high level. Not just good, you remind me of Aldo. Still competing?

Thanks, man! That's very flattering as Aldo was a major inspiration throughout my early days.

And while I do want to compete I'm totally stuck. Covid-19 situation here is totally out of control. The state doesn't exist, we're on our own and the country is full of negationists. New variants come by every week and young people are dying by the thousands everyday. I'll not drive my ass to a gym filled with idiots and end up being tied to a hospital bed so I don't spazz while a nurse forces a tube inside my mouth (shortage of anesthesia) so I can breathe laying on my belly for a couple of days before I die. That is, if I'm lucky enough to get an ICU bed.

Sorry for the rant, but yea... I won't be competing for a while lol

Thanks, man! That's very flattering as Aldo was a major inspiration throughout my early days.

And while I do want to compete I'm totally stuck. Covid-19 situation here is totally out of control. The state doesn't exist, we're on our own and the country is full of negationists. New variants come by every week and young people are dying by the thousands everyday. I'll not drive my ass to a gym filled with idiots and end up being tied to a hospital bed so I don't spazz while a nurse forces a tube inside my mouth (shortage of anesthesia) so I can breathe laying on my belly for a couple of days before I die. That is, if I'm lucky enough to get an ICU bed.

That sounds fucked up. Take care of yourself man, hope everything returns to normal in the near future.

I dont know why but always thought you were Italian . I heard how bad it is in brazil right now. 3000 deaths / day exceeding. Would love to send some "Covid doesnt exist " people from our country to brazil so they see it firsthand. The sad thing is that for a time brazil even had a great vaccination program but corruption seems to be the main problem in having destroyed all these efforts at least it looks like that from the outside.

Your student looks really good .She really has great punch execution. Do you want to develop her for international competition?

Yeah, it's really depressing. Our public health system was praised worldwide. And while I do agree that corruption plays a big part I feel like the rise of pseudo-macho religious bullshit ideology is the main factor lol sad thing is that the so called progressives were at office for +20 years and still allowed a drastic cultural shift that culminated in this clown that we have now. But I digress...

And thanks, man! We've been working together since 2015-ish. I've tried contacting some japanese kickboxing orgs where they have weight classes more appropriate for her but with no success. I'll definitely try again, I think she'd do very well.

Last edited:
Nah, I just had one amateur bout in boxing.

I don't know how it works in other countries, but I went straight to the elite level because I had fought in Muay Thai. Got matched with the state champ in my first boxing match ever <Lmaoo>

Lost a close decision, couldn't deal with the guy's sheer volume. It was fun, anyway

Sup, bros... Quick video of me holding the mitts for my student. We were working on balance and pre set combos/reactions, as well as a number system. You'll see it's a work in progress

What y'all think?

I'm happy to come hold pads with her too

giphy.gif

Also followed you on instagram.
and her

<{jackyeah}>

Back