2020 MLB Regular Season Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thus far the only source ive heard claiming other teams are doing similar things, is the Astros.

Teams are always trying to steal signs. The Astros just perfected it, and took it to the next level. It's where I almost have a bit of sympathy for them, because they likely didn't think it was the biggest deal in the world. A guy on 2nd base can look for signals and relay it back to his team. Players can pick up on certain movements that tip the pitcher's hand, and relay it back to the team.

It's one of those things where they probably collectively thought it was more of an unwritten rule, and then just became complacent with amplifying their methods to the point where they just kept pushing the line further and further.

So the mlb knew about this and tried to cover it up. Didn’t do anything until some dude living in his moms basement exposed it. What a joke.

Teams are always trying to steal signs. The Astros just perfected it, and took it to the next level. It's where I almost have a bit of sympathy for them, because they likely didn't think it was the biggest deal in the world. A guy on 2nd base can look for signals and relay it back to his team. Players can pick up on certain movements that tip the pitcher's hand, and relay it back to the team.

It's one of those things where they probably collectively thought it was more of an unwritten rule, and then just became complacent with amplifying their methods to the point where they just kept pushing the line further and further.

Electronically stealing signs is a whole different level than baserunners stealing signs- especially since the defense knows that baserunners are trying to steal them. There's no reason to try to play armchair psychologist on this. Until we get definitive proof that other teams had put in place similar systems, you're just equivocating.

Electronically stealing signs is a whole different level than baserunners stealing signs- especially since the defense knows that baserunners are trying to steal them. There's no reason to try to play armchair psychologist on this. Until we get definitive proof that other teams had put in place similar systems, you're just equivocating.

Well, that is ultimate line stepping move(although, I think it's still just rumor). However, the calculated drumming on the bench and whatnot, ehhh, kind of a grey area, no? These guys are tipping each other off all the time. The Astros just condensed and perfected it.

However, maybe you were talking about "electronically" stealing signs with video, and not the Altuve shit, where he's literally wearing a buzzer to tell him what's coming. In that case, meh. These teams study videos all the time. You think they're not paying attention to signs, and trying to get an edge? C'mon.

Well, that is ultimate line stepping move(although, I think it's still just rumor). However, the calculated drumming on the bench and whatnot, ehhh, kind of a grey area, no? These guys are tipping each other off all the time. The Astros just condensed and perfected it.

However, maybe you were talking about "electronically" stealing signs with video, and not the Altuve shit, where he's literally wearing a buzzer to tell him what's coming. In that case, meh. These teams study videos all the time. You think they're not paying attention to signs, and trying to get an edge? C'mon.

How is there not a massive difference between being able to know exactly what pitch is coming in any scenario, from having to gain that knowledge organically throughout the game and having to be on base to use it? Knowing the opponent's signs doesn't mean shit if you don't get on base. I really don't know if you're trolling or not, but I'm about through with this. Are you really overthinking this that much?

Lol at papi heretic white knighting the Astros.

How is there not a massive difference between being able to know exactly what pitch is coming in any scenario, from having to gain that knowledge organically throughout the game and having to be on base to use it? Knowing the opponent's signs doesn't mean shit if you don't get on base. I really don't know if you're trolling or not, but I'm about through with this. Are you really overthinking this that much?

Relax. I'm just looking at it from a different perspective. Fact of the matter is that players(from opposite teams) have come out and claimed to have known about it for the past three years. Why did nobody ever blow the whistle? If they had known about a team using corked bats, you damn well know that shit wouldn't fly. So why did nobody call them out on this? Probably because they were complacent, and didn't look at it as out and out cheating. Why wouldn't they look at it as cheating? Because they're probably doing similar shit to try and gain an edge.

Now that it's out, everyone wants to be a hero and talk about how dastardly it was. Where the fuck were they for the past three years?

Relax. I'm just looking at it from a different perspective. Fact of the matter is that players(from opposite teams) have come out and claimed to have known about it for the past three years. Why did nobody ever blow the whistle? If they had known about a team using corked bats, you damn well know that shit wouldn't fly. So why did nobody call them out on this? Probably because they were complacent, and didn't look at it as out and out cheating. Why wouldn't they look at it as cheating? Because they're probably doing similar shit to try and gain an edge.

Now that it's out, everyone wants to be a hero and talk about how dastardly it was. Where the fuck were they for the past three years?
There was a report about a week ago that said mlb got complaints from like 10 teams about the Astros and they didn’t do anything. It was an open secret amongst players for awhile, they just didn’t have the concrete proof. What else could they have done if mlb kept sweeping it under the rug?

That’s why I have a problem with Big PED and the other dumbasses calling Fiers a snitch because if he wouldn’t have said anything it wouldn’t have forced them to take any action. So many people look really bad here and criticizing the guy who brought it to light is wrong. Doing it while he was there, given he was on a low contract/job security and had the risk of jeopardizing his career if nothing came of it made sense why he wouldn’t do it at the time

Never would think that Canseco would be the voice of reason. Stfu big pedi

canseco also cheated.

he gets forgiven for admitting it? he can ESAL with the rest of them

Steroid era was awesome.

Much better than the sign stealing era.

I wanna see Mark Mcgwire fucking models and benching 500 pounds

Steroid era was awesome.

Much better than the sign stealing era.

I wanna see Mark Mcgwire fucking models and benching 500 pounds

More posts like this, and less bitching/whining about astros.

Same Hypocrites acting like they weren't cheating

Same Hypocrites acting like they weren't cheating

Everyone knows they were cheating. Constantly bitching isnt going to change anything.

Everyone knows they were cheating. Constantly bitching isnt going to change anything.

That's nice dear. You don't matter to me, so I'm going to keep saying what I have to say

I actually feel bad for some of these young guys lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back