MMA cage flooring

mutanthero

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm working on an art installation in an octagonal space, and I want to fill it wall to wall with a padded, vinyl covered floor akin to an MMA cage.

What kind of foam would you guys suggest I get a hold of? The official UFC page (http://social.ufcvipexperience.com/ufc-all-about-the-octagon) says 1 inch or more of "ensolite or similar closed cell foam", but Armacell in Germany tells me that ensolite isn't really one single kind of foam. Also, a lot of these foams seems to become expensive quickly, since I need about 30 sqm of the stuff – albeit this is of secondary concern. My main goal is to make this feel close to walking and lying on an actual (professional) MMA cage floor.

Also, outside of the padding and vinyl cover (I'll get a single, large sheet printed with my own imagery), how much does the plywood and what's underneath affect the feel of the thing?

Any opinions will be appreciated!

Although its too late, but sharing my own experience. For my cage I use 5x4 feet Eva Foam Sheets.

Can you please tell me that from where did you get the Vinyl Cover and how much it costs ?

Back