MMA Roots | Vale Tudo - Kevin Randleman, Mark Kerr, Dan Henderson, Chuck Liddell

Inverse

Ginger Belt
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score

Kevin Randleman, Mark Kerr, Dan Henderson, and Chuck Liddell all started their careers in the Val Tudo circuits of Brazil. In this episode, Marcelo Alonso goes through their careers.

Last edited:
Its a very different sport without knees on the ground and crowd pleasing protocols like standups and fence breaks

Sad to see the sport devolve to a point where a guy like Derrick Lewis is rated #4

Even though I have no desire to see the sport return to the bloody mess of yesteryear I think we certainly had a golden era thats passed at this point

How long would a character like Derrick Lewis last in OG vale tudo?

Last edited:
Val Tudo. Separating the men from the boys in early MMA days...

Can't create threads because of yellow card, but i had to find a vale tudo related thread to post this...

PVT, The most valuabe channel about the history of Vale tudo with over 1500 videos has just been hacked, some american podcast network bullshit thing just take over the channel and deleted all the videos. Marcelo Alonso the owner of pvt (witch videos also where usually translated and posted by sherdog) is desperate and youtube is doing nothing about it

https://www.youtube.com/c/PortaldovtTV/featured

Its a very different sport without knees on the ground and crowd pleasing protocols like standups and fence breaks

Sad to see the sport devolve to a point where a guy like Derrick Lewis is rated #4

Even though I have no desire to see the sport return to the bloody mess of yesteryear I think we certainly had a golden era thats passed at this point

How long would a character like Derrick Lewis last in OG vale tudo?

Only here since July with a mere 65 posts and you already got banned. Wow.

Back