Crime Monster Beverage Company, Class-Action Lawsuit!!.

Is monster owned by pepsi? The same pepsi that uses human fetus cells to develop "flavors"?
monster is an indepedant company (hansen natural products) who's drinks are distributed by coca cola. Coke has been rebuffed in acquisition offers multiple times and is now launching their own.

i used to drink 8-10 rockstars a day but have since upgraded to these which are in the dollar section of my local Price Chopper and have 344 mg of caffiene.

wired-x344-energy-drink.jpg

a normal E drink has like 80
How...how are you still alive?

lol Monster Energy drink

who drinks that stuff?

Hansen’s beverage is owned by the Morman church I believe..... Mormans always seem so nice. I find this hard to believe

What are those ones they have at Dollar Tree I had one.. A fruit punch one and it wasn't terrible, to my dismay. They also had one in the American flag colors, I just can't remember the brand name.

you are thinking of Rip Its, which are the official drink of the U.S. Military. On deployment, rip its are often the only energy drink available. The most desirable flavors are the clear (regular) and the purple (Grape). The orange (citrus) is pretty bad tasting. For the troops they come in the lousy 8 ounce half cans and along with jacks links beef jerky and pop-tarts are the most valuable Class 1 supplies to get delivered at remote locations. Back home, at great places like rural gas stations, HyVee grocery, and dollar tree, you can find them in a variety of flavors unknown to the common grunt.

I cut back on energy drinks big time.. I never liked Monster except for their coffee style drinks..

My absolute favorite energy drinks are Rip It's.. The cheap 99 cent energy drinks.. Specifically the Power flavor, Coconut Mango, and the Cherry Lemon.. The Power flavor taste so good... It taste like a Red Bull but better..

The price has nothing to do with it.. I legit love those flavors...

I used to drink so many.. I cut back big time.. I'm lucky to have 1 a week nowadays... I used to drink 3 or 4 a day...

Never drinking Monster...ever.
We were working in Cleveland one winter and it was so cold my coworkers Red Bull began to have ice crystals form in it after less than an hour and got slushy

Another co-worker forgot his monster in the open truck bed that night...when we found it the next morning... Total liquid state, zero ice after a full evening and night of sub-zero temps.

It's been hell to the no after that on Monster. At lest the Red bull started to freeze....

This seems like the least of the concerns someone might have with the brand. "Natural flavors" can cover a lot of shit.

The FDA definition:

"The term natural flavor or natural flavoring means the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional."

So is the lawsuit hinging on whether or not vanilla extract was used in the beverage?

Do they expect "vanilla" to mean dehydrated and powdered vanilla beans?

bro, I just learned that there's a 'flavor industry'. let that sink in for a moment.
$100 Billion industry. Flavor is used in every neutraceutical, coffee, alcohol, energy beverage, ice cream etc. Plus consider soft drinks, basically just flavor.

This seems like the least of the concerns someone might have with the brand. "Natural flavors" can cover a lot of shit.

The FDA definition:

"The term natural flavor or natural flavoring means the essential oil, oleoresin, essence or extractive, protein hydrolysate, distillate, or any product of roasting, heating or enzymolysis, which contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional."

So is the lawsuit hinging on whether or not vanilla extract was used in the beverage?

Do they expect "vanilla" to mean dehydrated and powdered vanilla beans?

You've hit the nail on the head, they probably are suing to say "it's not just vanilla extract" but in reality a natural vanilla flavor can have vanilla oleoresin (natural vanilla), natural cinnamon elements, natural coconut components, etc. This is the same reason all of the idiots you see claiming aromatherapy oils are "all natural". They are, 10% natural lavender oil, 90% natural soybean oil.

Back