Monster Hunter...Enlighten Me

I picked this up a couple days ago. Have done the tutorial, played through the first few missions, and reached the point where I want to explore with my friends. Is there any way to get the field team leader to shut the fuck up and leave me alone? I just want to play the game without this dude shouting at me to come to some undetermined location.
You can join other player's quests anytime via the message board. It's easier to find friends by joining the same session as them via the matchmake screen. The quest givers don't stfu until you do their quests so you'll have to live with it unfortunately.

I've been trying out a new weapon recently after using bow since i started playing. I saw a lance user tanking multiple Safi beams in a row and i wanted to be as cool as him. It's going well so far as i have put together a reasonable build and i'm starting to get a hang of the basics.

It's quite a change from bow but there is also much more freedom in terms of build by comparison. I jumped in the deep end by honing my skills against Safi itself and so far i've been fairly successful.

You can meld kjarr weapons from old Kulve mats so after 80 rolls I got the damn thing
I'm not really sure there's many benefits to lance and bow(the weapons i use) from the new upgrades. The upcoming update which adds the master rank verion of Azure Starlord armour will shake up the elemental meta as it grants true critical element and works in conjunction with the Silver Ratholos set bonus, much like rath and starlord sets did at high rank. Plus for bow the new starlord set includes weakness exploit, constitution and water attack.

I'm not really sure there's many benefits to lance and bow(the weapons i use) from the new upgrades. The upcoming update which adds the master rank verion of Azure Starlord armour will shake up the elemental meta as it grants true critical element and works in conjunction with the Silver Ratholos set bonus, much like rath and starlord sets did at high rank. Plus for bow the new starlord set includes weakness exploit, constitution and water attack.
I think the kjarr bows are meta again actually

I think the kjarr bows are meta again actually
I just had a look you're right. Kjarr stream seems to ruin safi frostbow in particular. Kjarr water is supposed to lose out to safi aquabow but kjarr king, kjarr decay and taroth thunder are said to be better now. This is all made possible though safi set, though.

I just had a look you're right. Kjarr stream seems to ruin safi frostbow in particular. Kjarr water is supposed to lose out to safi aquabow but kjarr king, kjarr decay and taroth thunder are said to be better now. This is all made possible though safi set, though.
Also the dual blades. Kjarr weapons have built in critical element so they do more damage inherently and allow for more damage skills on builds.

Alatreon update delayed.

<2>

Got an awesome clutch claw counter wall slam finisher on Raging Bracydios but my video capture glitched out. Fucking depressing.

<2>

Alatreon update delayed.

<2>

Got an awesome clutch claw counter wall slam finisher on Raging Bracydios but my video capture glitched out. Fucking depressing.

<2>
That's depressing, on both fronts. Raging Brachy armor and weapons are so good its crazy.

Beat AT Namielle second try with a group. Got the awesome guardian layered armour which is my new fav.

In the lead up to the Alatreon update on July 8th/9th, login bonuses will include expert+4 and attack+4 among various +4 element attack jewels.

b4ff701bf733a6221fd3384009822ee0d72653f0.jpg

Ended up breaking down and buying Iceborne during the Steam sale. Gonna try to finish off a few games before diving into this though. Is it best to go in completely dark or should I seek out some Youtube beginner tips videos?

Ended up breaking down and buying Iceborne during the Steam sale. Gonna try to finish off a few games before diving into this though. Is it best to go in completely dark or should I seek out some Youtube beginner tips videos?
Challenge and triumph are the best feelings this game can give you. I'd only look to guides for the monsters if you get really stuck.

I would recommend looking up the new weapon and clutch claw capabilities, though. It's not necessarily spelled out in game.

So it sounds like Alatreon is a bullshit damage check that results in an team wipe 99.9% of the time.

So it sounds like Alatreon is a bullshit damage check that results in an team wipe 99.9% of the time.
That from Reddit? They're malding over there. I got the necessary elemental flinch to nerf the AoE in like 2 minutes with the ice cb. They just don't know the fight yet.

Back