MONSTER HUNTER RISE Hypetrain

Bummed it's a Switch exclusive. Was so glad to have MH World finally break away from the hand held scene. Will still get for the Switch, but would rather this had been built up for the new gen consoles.

Much like dinkin I want to be hyped but it’s really hard to go from the amazing full console experience backward.

Bummed it's a Switch exclusive. Was so glad to have MH World finally break away from the hand held scene. Will still get for the Switch, but would rather this had been built up for the new gen consoles.
There's supposed to be a leak that revealed it's temporary and the game will come to PC at the end of the year.

I am totally looking forward to Rise.

It doesn't look like there will be any steps back being on the Switch. I really hope they fix the gripes I have with Iceborne.

I'm not really a fan of MH's combat, but the movement in this one looks so much better than any other game in the series.

I am totally looking forward to Rise.

It doesn't look like there will be any steps back being on the Switch. I really hope they fix the gripes I have with Iceborne.

I'm not really a graphics guy but if you just take a cursory look at gameplay it's obvious they went back to the old scaled down graphics. I know they have kind of had 2 teams working for quite some time on different lines of games so I'm assuming they have now broken it up into a portable focused game and a modern console based team/pc team. You can actually tell which team it is they assigned to these things too because one team focuses a lot more on palico type things that are fluffy/fun side parts of the game and you can see that in all the release information for this game that the switch team is that team. The other team is more of the immersive ARPG team that does a lot less fluff and a lot more monster focused development.

Never got into MWH beta demo, and even though I have both digital and physical copies of MHW, Ive never played it.

If the demo for this is good, Ill give both a go. MH Generations demo is so bad.....

The limited time demo releasing 3pm EST....

S3WCtuLPghgPbq9tzH0S_4C9RT295AU2ocylMkOdkU8.jpg

Never got into MWH beta demo, and even though I have both digital and physical copies of MHW, Ive never played it.

If the demo for this is good, Ill give both a go. MH Generations demo is so bad.....
Similarly I have MHW on PC and barely touched it. I was told they borrowed many mechanics from Dark Souls, as one of my fav Souls-streamers loves that game best (Fighting Cowboy). You can't sprint and attack. That's my fav thing to do in Dark Souls, especially against giant bosses, so I stopped playing pretty quickly lol.

if you ever get into it deeply, let me know your thoughts, you've yet to steer me wrong. You're the reason I went back to DS1 and found all the lore videos. You ruined me haha

Similarly I have MHW on PC and barely touched it. I was told they borrowed many mechanics from Dark Souls, as one of my fav Souls-streamers loves that game best (Fighting Cowboy). You can't sprint and attack. That's my fav thing to do in Dark Souls, especially against giant bosses, so I stopped playing pretty quickly lol.

if you ever get into it deeply, let me know your thoughts, you've yet to steer me wrong. You're the reason I went back to DS1 and found all the lore videos. You ruined me haha
Youve got excellent taste in games too, Ill try out Elex once I build my new PC.

Ive not really played many games last year that I can say I really enjoyed outside of maybe 2 or 3. I hope this year is different, as Ill try and play as many games as I can during lockdowns.

So far the demo is great. The gameplay feels similar enough to MHW, but with enough subtle difference to feel like a fresh game. Bow feels VERY different from MHW... especially with a healing buff instead of those stupid rocks that flinch melee players.

They also removed some of the annoyances I have with Iceborne, like clutch claw and slingers.

Gonna try some hunting horn, all indications are that it's gonna be OP this iteration.

So far the demo is great. The gameplay feels similar enough to MHW, but with enough subtle difference to feel like a fresh game. Bow feels VERY different from MHW... especially with a healing buff instead of those stupid rocks that flinch melee players.

They also removed some of the annoyances I have with Iceborne, like clutch claw and slingers.

Gonna try some hunting horn, all indications are that it's gonna be OP this iteration.
Yeah it literally shits damage all over the monster. They'll probably nerf it.

Yeah these games aren't for me. Too slow, and just too sluggish, Ive given these games too many chances. It seems like id like them on paper, but they never live up to my expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back