MONSTER HUNTER RISE Hypetrain

I'm lightly grinding because I know the meta will shift drastically with new mons and everything I farm for will be obsolete. Happens with every update without fail.

I'm lightly grinding because I know the meta will shift drastically with new mons and everything I farm for will be obsolete. Happens with every update without fail.
I'm just having fun and trying new things, passively getting materials and making new things to try. Almost everything does feel a little unfinished, like I know there's more to come, so I haven't become too attached to anything yet. Definitely the most fun I've had in a Monster Hunter game.

So the Gunlance is an entirely different beast compared to my Insect Glaive. Barely moving, leaning in to attacks, and chaining complicated combos together, it's the total opposite of my fragile aerial style. I feel like a fool, but I'm not carting, I'm getting some noticable damage off, and I've had some real highlight finishes in just a day or two of using it.

It's just so unlike any other weapon I've ever seen in a game, it's hard to gauge how well I'm using it but I am definitely feeling more and more comfortable with it. I went with the Magnamalo set because it's supposed to be fun with Hellfire, extra explosions and stuns. It looks incredible, especially with the fox mask and Mag weapon to match. It makes me really look forward to more unique sets and new monsters to try them on. Hopefully we can get some good monsters that will be fun to grind with this update.

You guys gettin some returning Elders among other things like layered armour.

You guys gettin some returning Elders among other things like layered armour.

Yep. Them 2, Chameleos, Apex Diablo, Apex Rathalos, existing Apex mons will be huntable outside of rampages.

So the charm game is entirely different, there's a decoration for everything, slots are what it's all about now. The grind is real for the new decos, which sounds bad but I'm happy to have a reason to hunt.

I didn't expect layered armor until the G rank expansion, so I was insanely hyped for that. They also take some serious grinding. First thing I did was craft a full set of Wroggi so I can be a cowboy again. I'm switching back and forth between the Insect Glaive for hunts and Cornpopper Gunlance for rampages.

*air raid siren wailing*

I just took on Apex Mizutsune solo and it was a blast. I love the concept of Mizu but the fight can feel a little easy, aside from his crazy movement. Apex really makes the most of the concept though, tough but fair.

Well this game died quickly. I'd go so far as to say it's unfun at this point

Well this game died quickly. I'd go so far as to say it's unfun at this point
I'm still loving it. I've probably got 250 hours in and have plenty to do still. I'm really looking forward to this month's update.

I'm still loving it. I've probably got 250 hours in and have plenty to do still. I'm really looking forward to this month's update.
What are you doing? Maybe I'm just not doing the right stuff.

What are you doing? Maybe I'm just not doing the right stuff.
Working towards more optimized armor builds, playing with different skills that have different playstyles like Hellfire and Bubbledance, learning new weapons, fashion hunting with layered armor, charm farming, and grinding for all the decorations.

Still plenty of monsters to be added too.

legit havent played since like a month after iceborne came out, might pick it up again cause im bored

I'm starting to feel like an LBG main, they're so OP. Mixing it up between an explosive KO Magnamalo set and a slicing Zinogre set. I'm easily soloing Bazel in a little over 6 minutes, snagged 3 orbs in a single hunt this morning. The Magnamalo set is so dang good in multiplayer, the monster is down for half the fight and it's got some good damaging ammo to boot.

I haven't touched guns until Rise, but they're worth getting in to with all the QoL changes. I'm having a lot more fun with them than I expected.

Lol no one even commented on Valstrax. He's a cool fight and his armor is good. However I think his weapons are pretty much ass.

They made rampage weapons pretty much meta so you gotta grind that bullshit. Not bad in multiplayer tho and you can meld spare tickets into charms.

Lol no one even commented on Valstrax. He's a cool fight and his armor is good. However I think his weapons are pretty much ass.
Valstrax was great. The game needed something that fast and that hard hitting. It's armor is great too, but sadly makes healing support builds a bad thing so that was a bummer for me.

They made rampage weapons pretty much meta so you gotta grind that bullshit. Not bad in multiplayer tho and you can meld spare tickets into charms.
I'm glad they made them worth using since they're the only ones that can be layered. I appreciate that they're a grind in comparison, it's probably the most I can ask for in terms of an end game.

MH Stories has an insane road map. Better than Rise imo

MH Stories has an insane road map. Better than Rise imo

I've kind of been wondering if the move to the RE-Engine programming system has been a part of why MH Rise has had such a low monster count. Like maybe it wasn't as easy to transition the monsters as they did with previous gen games and had to re-program a lot of the old monsters. I'm wondering icf after Rise there will be a much more developed monster set from now on if they stay committed to this new programming setup.

Back