Television MOON KNIGHT TV Series (Wins an Emmy)

If you have seen the entire series, how would you rate MOON KNIGHT?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: October 26, 2020

Oscar Isaac to Star Marvel Studios' MOON KNIGHT TV Series for Disney+

yBNxcUf.jpg

Oscar Isaac is in negotiations to topline Moon Knight, the latest Marvel series for Disney+. The dealmaking sets up a return for Isaac to the four-color world of Marvel, as he played the blue-skinned titular villain in Fox’s 2016 Marvel movie, X-Men: Apocalypse.

Jeremy Slater, who developed and wrote Netflix’s comic book adaptation Umbrella Academy series, has been tapped to develop and lead the writing team on Moon Knight.

Moon Knight has had a winding road in the comics since debuting in 1975’s Werewolf by Night #32. Moon Knight is Marc Spector, an ex-Marine turned mercenary whose multiple alter egos allow him to better fight crime. These alternate personas include cabbie Jake Lockley and millionaire playboy Steven Grant. In the later comics, he was established as being a conduit for the Egyptian moon god Khonshu, while recently, he was a consultant who dresses in all white and goes by the name Mr. Knight. Most writers who have tackled Moon Knight in recent years have depicted him as a character with multiple personalities and a fractured mental state.

If a deal makes, the casting of Moon Knight will close out the top billing of the final run of Marvel originals for Disney+, following Tatiana Maslany coming on board to lead She-Hulk and newcomer Iman Vellani being named to star in Ms. Marvel.

Those series join a growing roster of shows Marvel Studios has in the works for Disney+. WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, is set to debut later this year. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Tom Hiddleston's Loki are both working to complete production after facing COVID-19 related shutdowns in the spring.

Isaac is well-known for his work in the genre space with leading roles in the latest Star Wars trilogy, Annihilation and Ex Machina, as well as in prestige fare like Inside Llewyn Davis. He also made an uncredited post-credits cameo in the Oscar-winning Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse as fan-favorite hero Miguel O'Hara. He next appears in Denis Villeneuve's adaptation of Dune, now set to open Oct. 1, 2021, and is prepping to shoot James Gray's Armageddon Time.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...lks-to-star-in-marvels-moon-knight-for-disney

Update: August 23, 2019

MOON KNIGHT, SHE-HULK and MS. MARVEL Live-Action TV Series Announced for Disney+

ECsRbhFVAAE6Ymn

ECsRlzNU8AAFC3-

ECsRU38U0AA95fD

Marvel Studios confirmed three new series in the works for Disney+ at D23: She Hulk, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel.

She-Hulk — AKA attorney Jennifer Walters, cousin to Bruce Banner, whose blood transfusion was responsible for her powers — first appeared in 1980’s The Savage She-Hulk No. 1, and was the last major Marvel character co-created by Stan Lee. After her original series ended after two years, she became a member of both the Avengers and the Fantastic Four as the character developed more of a distinct personality from her male counterpart, gaining a stronger sense of humor and intelligence and deciding that she preferred being super-strong and green permanently — or, at least, as much as possible. (Unlike the male Hulk, She-Hulk traditionally maintains her smarts and personality when Hulked out.)

Moon Knight — who showed up as a good guy in 1975’s Werewolf by Night No. 32 — is the vigilante alter ego of mercenary Marc Spector, but it’s actually more complicated than that: Spector also has a couple of other alter egos (millionaire Steven Grant and cab driver Jake Lockley) that may or may not be separate, alternate personalities, and the same may be true of Khonshu, the Egyptian deity who is either guiding Spector through his costumed adventures or a figment of Spector’s imagination. In recent years, another persona has emerged: “Mr. Knight,” a police consultant who dresses in all white and wears a mask while solving unusual crimes.

Ahead of the panel, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news Friday that Ms. Marvel is in development with British writer Bisha K. Ali to write and act as showrunner.

Also in the panel, Feige touted the alternate reality animated series What If…?, which will hit summer 2021 and stars Jeffrey Wright voicing the all-seeing Watcher. It takes key moments from the MCU, with one key difference for each event that spins off into new stories. Feige showed off the first footage, which showed images of things like a Zombie Captain America and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) taking on the mantle of Captain America, calling herself Captain Carter. It also appeared that one episode featured Tony Stark as Guardians of the Galaxy character Star-Lord.

"I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities," Wright said in voice over. "Follow me and dare to face the unknown and ponder the question, What If….?"

Next came a brief discussion of Loki, which centers on Tom Hiddleston's trickster god and will debut on Disney+ in spring 2021. Though Loki died in Avengers: Infinity War, this show will follow the version of the character who in Endgame stole an Infinity Stone and teleported away.

"It's your boundless enthusiasm and you're support that means Loki has more story left to tell," Hiddleston said in a video message." "It will never stop surprising and delighting me that you think he is cool."

Feige next brought out the cast of Falcon & Winter Soldier, which stars Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Brühl and Emily VanCamp, will bow in fall 2020. He also revealed that Wyatt Russell will play John Walker in the series. Feige asked him to tell him something about the character, but the actor declined, citing secrecy.

Introduced as “Super Patriot” in 1986’s Captain America No. 323, John Walker was the U.S. government’s choice to replace Steve Rogers as Captain America. More hardline and violent than the original Cap, he didn’t last long in the job, but remained a government agent under the name U.S.Agent, eventually becoming a respected hero inside the Marvel Universe, and a fan-favorite character in the real world.

WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, debuts in spring 2021 and take place after Avengers: Endgame as Wanda Maximoff deals with the loss of her partner, Vision. In addition to Olsen and Bettany, the Captain Marvel character Monica Rambeau, who was a child in that '90s-set film, will appear as an adult and be played by Teyonah Parris. New casting includes Kat Dennings, Randall Park and Kathryn Hahn.

Filming hasn't started, but the team showed off a small teaser. It began with a 1950s TV set showing images from the Dick Van Dyke Show intercut with old scenes of Wanda and Vision together in previous MCU movies.

Unlike corporate sibling Lucasfilm, which will soon be giving Star Wars a big screen break for several years as it focuses on Disney+, Marvel Studios' is continuing to release both films and series, with its streaming services intertwined with its theatrical releases. It's upcoming series include Falcon & Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Loki, What If...? and Hawkeye.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-shows-including-she-hulk-moon-knight-1232742

MOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN KNIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHT!!!!!!

Wondering if Kit Harrington is going to be in Loki as some random Asgardian comic character given new life in the MCU.

Hell, guess he could be Moon Knight as well.

Moon Knight better be full of bloody violence

ECsRbhFVAAE6Ymn

ECsRlzNU8AAFC3-

ECsRU38U0AA95fD

Marvel Studios confirmed three new series in the works for Disney+ at D23: She Hulk, Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel.

She-Hulk — AKA attorney Jennifer Walters, cousin to Bruce Banner, whose blood transfusion was responsible for her powers — first appeared in 1980’s The Savage She-Hulk No. 1, and was the last major Marvel character co-created by Stan Lee. After her original series ended after two years, she became a member of both the Avengers and the Fantastic Four as the character developed more of a distinct personality from her male counterpart, gaining a stronger sense of humor and intelligence and deciding that she preferred being super-strong and green permanently — or, at least, as much as possible. (Unlike the male Hulk, She-Hulk traditionally maintains her smarts and personality when Hulked out.)

Moon Knight — who showed up as a good guy in 1975’s Werewolf by Night No. 32 — is the vigilante alter ego of mercenary Marc Spector, but it’s actually more complicated than that: Spector also has a couple of other alter egos (millionaire Steven Grant and cab driver Jake Lockley) that may or may not be separate, alternate personalities, and the same may be true of Khonshu, the Egyptian deity who is either guiding Spector through his costumed adventures or a figment of Spector’s imagination. In recent years, another persona has emerged: “Mr. Knight,” a police consultant who dresses in all white and wears a mask while solving unusual crimes.

Ahead of the panel, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news Friday that Ms. Marvel is in development with British writer Bisha K. Ali to write and act as showrunner.

Also in the panel, Feige touted the alternate reality animated series What If…?, which will hit summer 2021 and stars Jeffrey Wright voicing the all-seeing Watcher. It takes key moments from the MCU, with one key difference for each event that spins off into new stories. Feige showed off the first footage, which showed images of things like a Zombie Captain America and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) taking on the mantle of Captain America, calling herself Captain Carter. It also appeared that one episode featured Tony Stark as Guardians of the Galaxy character Star-Lord.

"I am the Watcher. I am your guide through these vast new realities," Wright said in voice over. "Follow me and dare to face the unknown and ponder the question, What If….?"

Next came a brief discussion of Loki, which centers on Tom Hiddleston's trickster god and will debut on Disney+ in spring 2021. Though Loki died in Avengers: Infinity War, this show will follow the version of the character who in Endgame stole an Infinity Stone and teleported away.

"It's your boundless enthusiasm and you're support that means Loki has more story left to tell," Hiddleston said in a video message." "It will never stop surprising and delighting me that you think he is cool."

Feige next brought out the cast of Falcon & Winter Soldier, which stars Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Brühl and Emily VanCamp, will bow in fall 2020. He also revealed that Wyatt Russell will play John Walker in the series. Feige asked him to tell him something about the character, but the actor declined, citing secrecy.

Introduced as “Super Patriot” in 1986’s Captain America No. 323, John Walker was the U.S. government’s choice to replace Steve Rogers as Captain America. More hardline and violent than the original Cap, he didn’t last long in the job, but remained a government agent under the name U.S.Agent, eventually becoming a respected hero inside the Marvel Universe, and a fan-favorite character in the real world.

WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, debuts in spring 2021 and take place after Avengers: Endgame as Wanda Maximoff deals with the loss of her partner, Vision. In addition to Olsen and Bettany, the Captain Marvel character Monica Rambeau, who was a child in that '90s-set film, will appear as an adult and be played by Teyonah Parris. New casting includes Kat Dennings, Randall Park and Kathryn Hahn.

Filming hasn't started, but the team showed off a small teaser. It began with a 1950s TV set showing images from the Dick Van Dyke Show intercut with old scenes of Wanda and Vision together in previous MCU movies.

Unlike corporate sibling Lucasfilm, which will soon be giving Star Wars a big screen break for several years as it focuses on Disney+, Marvel Studios' is continuing to release both films and series, with its streaming services intertwined with its theatrical releases. It's upcoming series include Falcon & Winter Soldier, WandaVision, Loki, What If...? and Hawkeye.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...-shows-including-she-hulk-moon-knight-1232742
Out of curiosity from my understanding
Universal has the distribution rights of any
Hulk movie but if Marvel made some Hulk
movies on their streaming service could do
it without Universal?

Never really got into moon Knight. Hard to get past the dumb name.

The what if series sounds cool. Steven wright is a great choice to be the voice of the watcher.

And I like usagent, although he has a dumb name too

There happens to be a gray She-Hulk 6" action figure in the near pipeline, so makes some sense.

Out of curiosity from my understanding
Universal has the distribution rights of any
Hulk movie but if Marvel made some Hulk
movies on their streaming service could do
it without Universal?
Perhaps streaming services didn't exist in the days of the contract, so maybe can if not specifically spelled out.

I wonder if they'll do one actress for regular human mode and a musclewoman as She-Hulk mode.

Hope Disney doesn’t pussify Moon Knight.

Moon Knight on Netflix would have been the tits. Pretty sure Disney doesn't have the stones to do it justice.

From what I know of the recent She-Hulk run, I'm expecting like Ally Mc Beal in green paint. Which I guess could be fun, but not exactly my jam.

Ms. Marvel seems like the only good fit for a PG rated streaming service. But I really only care about the character as part of Rogue's origin for the inevitable X-Men reboot.

Megan Anderson for she-hulk.

Can't think of an actress that would fit. Aside from a mid 80s Grace Jones.

Perhaps streaming services didn't exist in the days of the contract, so maybe can if not specifically spelled out.

I wonder if they'll do one actress for regular human mode and a musclewoman as She-Hulk mode.

She Hulk doesn't have a regular mode, she's always she hulk.

Moon Knight on Netflix would have been the tits. Pretty sure Disney doesn't have the stones to do it justice.

From what I know of the recent She-Hulk run, I'm expecting like Ally Mc Beal in green paint. Which I guess could be fun, but not exactly my jam.

Ms. Marvel seems like the only good fit for a PG rated streaming service. But I really only care about the character as part of Rogue's origin for the inevitable X-Men reboot.

She Hulk did the Deadpool style 4th wall break before he did. Maybe a comedy?

Megan Anderson for she-hulk.

Can't think of an actress that would fit. Aside from a mid 80s Grace Jones.

She Hulk doesn't have a regular mode, she's always she hulk.

Forget about trying to cast an actress who looks like She-Hulk. You need to focus on puny Jennifer Walters.

Because there’s no doubt in my mind that they are going to hire a regular actress and have her do the whole show in a mo-cap suit, like Ruffalo and Brolin did for the movies.

So the only physical aspects of the character that would matter for casting would be her face and body language.

My top picks are Melanie Scrofano and Rachel Nichols.

Forget about trying to cast an actress who looks like She-Hulk. You need to focus on puny Jennifer Walters.

Because there’s no doubt in my mind that they are going to hire a regular actress and have her do the whole show in a mo-cap suit, like Ruffalo and Brolin did for the movies.

So the only physical aspects of the character that would matter for casting would be her face and body language.

My top picks are Melanie Scrofano and Rachel Nichols.

Gabi-Garcia.0_standard_709.0.0.0.jpg

Back