More phone jacking ads

Superman Elbow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Screenshot_20190426-234540.png Screenshot_20190502-175747.png
Just thought I would mention these are still happening like I did a long ass time ago and got a response of "this isn't enough information" so once again, I'm on the mobile app using a pixel XL and this happens at least 10 times a day if not more. Once it happens once it seems to happen a bunch more times in a row. Some of them active the vibrate on my phone and when I press back it opens up another ad. If I use the arrow in the upper left of the app the window opens to select forum again but it force closes the app. Seriously, Sherdog is one of the biggest mma outlets in the world and you can't stop your app from being taken over by spam ads? Like I said, I've mentioned this before and so have others, from my point of view you guys just don't care.

This is making the mobile site practically unusable. I have no idea why we continue to have this issue. It’s just not worth the hassle to visit this site right now.

Just got this message when I returned to this thread.

"Reports about bad ads should include the following:

1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected
8. Date and Time of occurrence."

all this info is provided through my post except the date and time which is when I created the thread. The browser was YOUR APP

Just wanted to bump this to remind Sherdog they are literally promoting malware.

C'mon you guys, fix this nonsense.

View attachment 576051 View attachment 576053
Just thought I would mention these are still happening like I did a long ass time ago and got a response of "this isn't enough information" so once again, I'm on the mobile app using a pixel XL and this happens at least 10 times a day if not more. Once it happens once it seems to happen a bunch more times in a row. Some of them active the vibrate on my phone and when I press back it opens up another ad. If I use the arrow in the upper left of the app the window opens to select forum again but it force closes the app. Seriously, Sherdog is one of the biggest mma outlets in the world and you can't stop your app from being taken over by spam ads? Like I said, I've mentioned this before and so have others, from my point of view you guys just don't care.
Only it's not just on mobile. My desktop browser just got redirected to a phishing site.

Any updates here? Not all forums do this.

I'm not trying to bash management here, but you sherdoggers should know that the easiest thing for them to do here is nothing at all. Their perspective is: "If you don't want those intrusive(and sometimes malicious) ads, then pay us for Premium. If the occasional ad has some malware, well hey, that's just more motivation to pay for Premium! If you don't like it, find another site to visit."

To be fair to Sherdog, this is Standard Operation Procedure for the vast majority of websites out there, unfortunately. Content providers have created this lovely culture of "we can't do this without ads". Which is a pile of horseshit of course. What they mean is "We can't make the profit we want without ads".

OK, I'm done ranting. 20 years of Software Development, Search Engine Optimization and E-Commerce has made me a tad bitter. ;)

The fucking ads on this site go haywire! I have ad block on and still it makes me phone screen go nuts.

Is everyone else getting a ton of ads on the bottom half of the screen on mobile?

InventiveStatement.xyz

Been getting full screen hijacks of these pricks since yesterday. Congratulating me for winning something.

Only happens on this site. It happened before a few months ago, just on this site, but it disappeared.

Something on here is triggering it.

Installed an ad blocker and will see how that goes.

_______here is the actual text below_______

incentivestatement.xyz says

CONGRATULATIONS

We want to thank you for your loyalty to mobile Samsung Browser.

Your IP address has been selected to receive an iPhone Xs!

Date: 8 September 2019
Reference of User: GIFT-94623-97

Last edited:
InventiveStatement.xyz

Been getting full screen hijacks of these pricks since yesterday. Congratulating me for winning something.

Only happens on this site. It happened before a few months ago, just on this site, but it disappeared.

Something on here is triggering it.

Installed an ad blocker and will see how that goes.

_______here is the actual text below_______

incentivestatement.xyz says

CONGRATULATIONS

We want to thank you for your loyalty to mobile Samsung Browser.

Your IP address has been selected to receive an iPhone Xs!

Date: 8 September 2019
Reference of User: GIFT-94623-97
Mine is from advangardecord.xyz
Strait to some scamming site. I can get a Samsung 10 for a dollar. I just need to give them my credit card info.

Mine is from advangardecord.xyz
Strait to some scamming site. I can get a Samsung 10 for a dollar. I just need to give them my credit card info.

The ad blocker I installed seems to be working so far. *fingers crossed*

Is there a way to keep video ads from autoplaying? If I'm listening to a podcast browsing sherdog a video ad will just start playing and take over the audio. I have to close browser open podcast app and start it again, so annoying.

Back