More Playstation Games Coming to PC

The Bloody Nine

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
More PlayStation games are coming to PC starting with Days Gone this spring, according to a GQ interview with Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan.

“We find ourselves now in early 2021 with our development studios and the games that they make in better shape than they’ve ever been before,” Ryan said. “Particularly from the latter half of the PS4 cycle our studios made some wonderful, great games. There’s an opportunity to expose those great games to a wider audience and recognize the economics of game development, which are not always straightforward. The cost of making games goes up with each cycle, as the caliber of the IP has improved. Also, our ease of making it available to non-console owners has grown. So it’s a fairly straightforward decision for us to make.”

Developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Bend Studio, Days Gone is an open-world action adventure game first launched for PlayStation 4 in April 2019.

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/mor...ing-to-pc-starting-with-days-gone-this-spring

Good. I've been looking forward to trying Days Gone and now I don't have to suffer 30fps. Hopefully Ghosts is next. I've played everything else on PS4 that I want to.

Third concession Sony has made to Microsoft's strategy.

First "we believe in generations" quickly yielded to promises of full backwards compatibility support, and the introduction of the Playstation Upgrade program. Second, the hype surrounding Game Pass precipitated the spontaneous introduction of the PS Plus Collection. Now they're moving to accommodate PC owners as they realize the market is so large it's causing global semiconductor shortages that are becoming front page news to the mainstream, and how much money is left on the table by maintaining an exclusive wall. Hopefully the next headline is that they allow PSNow PC subscribers to actually download the games they play.

All wonderful news.

Personally, this won't be a big deal in the near term because I picked up a PS5 and a lot of games that I haven't already played now have a 60 fps mode.

But in the future I might hold out for PC versions for better RT performance in addition to visuals plus kb/m support. I'm glad they're coming around.

i've been waiting on bloodborne for pc. the ironic part is that if they take too long to roll out, people may no longer really care. most gamers are pretty fickle/impatient.

but it's a nice step, i hope future exclusives see shorter and shorter windows of exclusivity.

Nice. Hope it's a better port than Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Honestly, they should just bring all of their games to PC under a PlayStation app. Just do a year exclusive on console. Putting your games on PC isn't going to keep console gamers from buying PS5s. It also gives the games a 2nd chance of life and revenue.

Ideally, they could also sell 3rd party games from their app and if a game doesn't have a port, maybe they offer help port to the game as an incentive.

Having to buy specific hardware to play games feels like an antiquated. Let people play games whenever they enjoy.

Hopefully the next headline is that they allow PSNow PC subscribers to actually download the games they play.

All wonderful news.

I just want the game to at the very least be 1080p. I'd Probably still end up getting a PS5 I like having a console and PC available.

With PlayStation exclusives coming to PC the master race will truly become insufferable now.
240d22bf3aeda750fca5c00d2dfbf72a.jpg

nice have personally already played bloodborne but id love to have the Demons Souls remaster on PC and im excited to get my hands on Days Gone .

nice have personally already played bloodborne but id love to have the Demons Souls remaster on PC and im excited to get my hands on Days Gone .
I wanted to play Demons Souls but I’m kind of over it now. Nioh 2 came out on PC and it’s the best one of those style games to date

Back