Morning Meatloaf: Kill yaself

I have no problems with celebrity's talking politics or giving political endorsements. I do have a problem with right wing hypocrisy on the subject, telling Democratic A list celebrities like Lebron James to shut up and play while at the very same time having no problem with right wing z list celebrities like Chuck Wooolery, Scott Baio, Pat Sajak, Ted Nugent ect talking politics and giving political endorsements.

If you police your side of the street I'll police mine. I would rather that all the left wing celebrities shut the fuck up, and I'm not much more interested in hearing from the right wing celebrities either.

Does it really matter? I excel in my field, but that doesn't mean my opinions in a completely unrelated area should have more weight than anyone elses. Compound that with Meatloaf being a (more than likely) out of touch celebrity means his ideas are probably less relevant to me than that of the average WR regular.

I fully realize the above paragraph is dismissive, but I find it ridiculous how much the general public looks to celebrity opinions to help them form their own. As if singing or playing make belief equips people with the tools needed to make better informed opinions than the rest of us.

I agree in principle, but the description of the video says:
"The singer, actor, and artist joins Morning Joe to discuss the inspiration behind Jim Steinman’s ‘Bat out of hell – the musical’ running now through September 8th at New York City Center."

which seems appropriate for him to talk about and standard fare of the type of fluff morning shows talk about. So I don't get what hillelslovak87 is angry about (he/she seems pretty unstable as is) and I agree with Gregolian that I'm not going to spend 4 minutes watching Meatloaf talk about a musical to find out.

So ... what's the big hoopla?

Can we talk about how we need an executive order banning dipshit celebrities from news shows? Ted Nugent on Fox, Dried Meatloaf on MSNBC? Come on, man!! This is why people wholesale discard entire media outlets like fools.

Bonus

He didnt say anything political. He should be shot however for that rendition of America the Beautiful

I actually agree with this notion, except I think it needs to apply to both sides. I'm fans of Ben Affleck and Matt Damon, and they grew up like 10 miles from me, but their self righteous liberal bullshit is cringe inducing.

Does it really matter? I excel in my field, but that doesn't mean my opinions in a completely unrelated area should have more weight than anyone elses. Compound that with Meatloaf being a (more than likely) out of touch celebrity means his ideas are probably less relevant to me than that of the average WR regular.

I fully realize the above paragraph is dismissive, but I find it ridiculous how much the general public looks to celebrity opinions to help them form their own. As if singing or playing make belief equips people with the tools needed to make better informed opinions than the rest of us.

But he didnt say a word about policy or any current affairs for thst matter.

I'm really confused as to why @hillelslovak87 is complaining.

It's funny how people made this about Trump. It had nothing to do anything but the fact that delusional celebrities like Meatloaf shouldn't be on air while experts are unheard on the news. That is all.

I'm gonna make a thread about how Katy Perry relates to the policies of George HW Bush.

Looking forward forward to it.

Back