Mouthguard question

lolmit

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What is the differences between strapped mouthguard vs strapless mouthguard?

What is the differences between strapped mouthguard vs strapless mouthguard?
Strapped is for people that wear a helmet. It's more geared toward sports like football. You can attach the strap onto the face mask of the helmet so you don't lose it during a game.

Last edited:
Strapped is for people that wear a helmet. It's more geared toward sports like football. You can attach the strap onto the face mask of the helmet so you don't lose it during a game.
By the way there is any reason to prefer double mouth guard instead single? With double you run out of air quicker.

By the way there is any reason to prefer double mouth guard instead single? With double you run out of air quicker.

I think the idea is that it protects your bottom teeth too. But I think they've done studies to say that the single mouthguard is as protective when your mouth is closed. Don't quote me on that though.

Unrelated question... Does anyone sell a mouthguard that makes it look like you're wearing braces? That would be kind of funny. Like, I wouldn't want to hit someone in the mouth that was wearing braces.

I think the idea is that it protects your bottom teeth too. But I think they've done studies to say that the single mouthguard is as protective when your mouth is closed. Don't quote me on that though.

Unrelated question... Does anyone sell a mouthguard that makes it look like you're wearing braces? That would be kind of funny. Like, I wouldn't want to hit someone in the mouth that was wearing braces.
I used to spar with what was then, a retired pro lightweight who was 66 years old. This was 15 years ago. He would come to they gym and train and was impressive for a 66 year old. He’d gear up and spar a couple of rounds with anyone. I never watched him gear up and he had his own gear. But I was talking to him while lacing his gloves up one time and he asked me to take out his teeth. That’s right, full upper dentures. I got a towel and he spit em out and climbed in the ring to spar. This guy owned the most popular Mexican food restaurant in our college town and was very successful. He said getting a mouth piece to fit was too much trouble. But yeah, he’d spar with no mouth guard like it was nothing. He was old school tough too. He passed away not too long ago from cancer.

Back