Movies that would never be greenlit today due to pc Culture

Has PC culture change the film for the worst

• Total voters
Death wish was remade a few years ago, so wouldn't be surprised if so was dirty Harry
Are we talking about the one with Bruce Willis? I actually bought the DVD and gave it away without ever watching it, so i can't comment on potentially offensive material.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dirty Harry was remade either, but i would be surprised if they made it like the original. Afterall, they recently even remade my beloved Walker Texas Ranger and seriously, what the fuck is that shit?

Are we talking about the one with Bruce Willis? I actually bought the DVD and gave it away without ever watching it, so i can't comment on potentially offensive material.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dirty Harry was remade either, but i would be surprised if they made it like the original. Afterall, they recently even remade my beloved Walker Texas Ranger and seriously, what the fuck is that shit?
Lololol yea I think I saw some picture of the new walker show somewhere, wtf

Honestly though I think the biggest difference is that blockbuster Hollywood today is actually more toothless than it was in the past, films like Robocop, Running Man, etc that were very harsh on the establishment as a whole don't get made today.

Hard to believe Tropic Thunder came out like just 12 years ago, and RDJ actually got an Oscar nomination
tenor.gif

Also James Bond has been toned down significantly that scenes like these would not be green lit anymore
man-talk.gif
James Bond source material is very sexist, much more than any Connery shenanigans

I’ve been going on a 90s and 2000s movie binge Recently, and man I really miss cinema in these decades. Its become pretty obvious what movies would be difficult to be released today due to not meeting certain quotas or being too politically insensitive. Some of them might actually surprise you. What movies do you think wouldn’t be greenlight if they were attempted to be released today?

off the top of my head:
-wedding crashers
-tropic thunder
-fight club
-American Beauty
-American Psycho
-American Pie
-Van Wilder
-The Wolf of Wall Street
-Taxi Driver
-American History X
-Mrs Doubtfire
-White Chicks

Would give my second left nut to direct/produce any of those movies today ....Reboot... remake... whatever

Sex ... Violence ... Taking advantage ... Anger

All that stuff is being made with far more deregulated bounds today ...

If a movie is only seen in a theatre then you missed the point of film...

All of what you said is mild.

Be angry about change... it helps the industry.

I do not think this film would have been accepted today as black people must not be joked about by other non-blacks.

About-the-1970s-western-comedy-movie-Blazing-Saddles-770x514.jpg

I do not think this film would have been accepted today as black people must not be joked about by other non-blacks.

About-the-1970s-western-comedy-movie-Blazing-Saddles-770x514.jpg

This is a sketch in todays world ... You missed the train?

Oh its because white people are now the black people ?

I’ve been going on a 90s and 2000s movie binge Recently, and man I really miss cinema in these decades. Its become pretty obvious what movies would be difficult to be released today due to not meeting certain quotas or being too politically insensitive. Some of them might actually surprise you. What movies do you think wouldn’t be greenlight if they were attempted to be released today?

off the top of my head:
-wedding crashers
-tropic thunder
-fight club
-American Beauty
-American Psycho
-American Pie
-Van Wilder
-The Wolf of Wall Street
-Taxi Driver
-American History X
-Mrs Doubtfire
-White Chicks

The current trend of making big productions woke-compliant is making them lame as fuck. As soon as I see that they went out of their way to put black women in authority roles I sort of disconnect. Not because I have anything against black women, but because it is forced and lame.

Fast Times at Ridgemont high is what comes to mind first.

off the top of my head:
-wedding crashers
-tropic thunder
-fight club
-American Beauty
-American Psycho
-American Pie
-Van Wilder
-The Wolf of Wall Street
-Taxi Driver
-American History X
-Mrs Doubtfire
-White Chicks
By my estimation, you could probably make ALL of them except Tropic Thunder and American Beauty. If some of these wouldn't get made, or weren't big-budget films like they were, it would be because Hollywood prefers to invest in the Marvel-type shit now or fully indie, not so much in-between because it's financially risky. That has nothing to do with woke or PC culture, though. And hell, Taxi Driver was basically remade a few years ago and was a HUGE hit when they did Joker. There were also strong elements of Taxi Driver in The Equalizer film remake which wasn't all that long ago either.

Thematically, there's not really much in almost all of those movies that you couldn't easily get around. If someone casually drops the F-bomb in the first American Pie or something like that, you just have him say something like "pussy" instead. Easy fix. White Chicks still gets celebrated on social media today. It's not all that offensive. American History X has a lot of bad shit in it, but the overall point of the film is so positive that you could still do it today. There have been fairly recent films like Shot Caller that have similar themes. It's not like Shot Caller got negative reviews or had people picketing outside theaters.

This topic truly is for totally wimpy momma's boys. The best action movie of the last however many years, utter eye candy for its visuals its entire length and more of a true actual film than any of the utter trash in the op (Van Wilder? What the hell, man.) was a woke as fuck/feminism up your ass movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.

Also, Parasite would have never, ever been widely released in theaters across the country or won the best picture award back in the 80s or 90s because "I don't like readin' when I'm watchin' mah stories" mindset reigned supreme. Yet another film that spits on the garbage in the op.

This topic truly is for totally wimpy momma's boys. The best action movie of the last however many years, utter eye candy for its visuals its entire length and more of a true actual film than any of the utter trash in the op (Van Wilder? What the hell, man.) was a woke as fuck/feminism up your ass movie, Mad Max: Fury Road.

Also, Parasite would have never, ever been widely released in theaters across the country or won the best picture award back in the 80s or 90s because "I don't like readin' when I'm watchin' mah stories" mindset reigned supreme. Yet another film that spits on the garbage in the op.

Its amusing really that these people think of themselves as bastions of masculinity when ultimately as you say they spend their entire time inventing their own persecution complex in ever more irrelevant ways, not exactly the malrboro man is it?

a movie about a group of friends who were secretly fucking a horse after band practice was literally released last year.

you can stop checking under your bed for the pc culture boogeyman before bedtime now.

How did you discover that movie

<{fry}>

What does Fury Road being a better movie than the movies listed in the OP have to do with the topic of the thread at all? The topic is what movies likely wouldn’t be green lit by a mainstream studio today. Something like Mrs Doubtfire would likely be very taboo these days given the subject matter.

How does the quality and themes of Fury Road factor into that discussion? It doesn’t.

Back