Muay Thai and Lethwei on UFC fight pass in 2019

Blowing Dixie asked earlier:"""On a side note, since I am a pesky white belt who can't be trusted making new threads..
How come there aren't any famous Thai fighters fighting in the neightbouring countries? I can only remember Saiyok fighting with wrapped hands against a Laotian at some border fair in the golden triangle. But you don't see fighters ranked at Raja or Lumpinee going to Burma and fighting with headbutts, how come?"""

Like has been said first off there is no money in it. Lethwei has a lot of propaganda and flash behind it but no money attached to it and a belt right now means very little especially for the Thais. Even if people like Leduc pose in front of flashy cars, and flaunts wealth he making nothing--he is just trying to draw people in. There is a general misunderstanding that the Muay Thai guys haven't taken on the lethwei competitors but its been going on for a very long, long time. if you really want to understand it from a historical perspective you can read this engaging piece on the burma vs thailand shows:

http://www.bornwarriorsmovie.com/index.php/articles/entry/born-to-battle-myanmar-vs-thailand

Last edited:
"""On a side note, since I am a pesky white belt who can't be trusted making new threads..
How come there aren't any famous Thai fighters fighting in the neightbouring countries? I can only remember Saiyok fighting with wrapped hands against a Laotian at some border fair in the golden triangle. But you don't see fighters ranked at Raja or Lumpinee going to Burma and fighting with headbutts, how come?"""

Like has been said first off there is no money in it. Lethwei has a lot of propaganda and flash behind it but no money attached to it and a belt right now means very little especially for the Thais. Even if people like Leduc pose in front of flashy cars, and flaunts wealth he making nothing--he is just trying to draw people in. There is a general misunderstanding that the Muay Thai guys haven't taken on the lethwei competitors but its been going on for a very long, long time. if you really want to understand it from a historical perspective you can read this engaging piece on the burma vs thailand shows:

http://www.bornwarriorsmovie.com/index.php/articles/entry/born-to-battle-myanmar-vs-thailand
Seems like you just answered your own question

Sorry I was quoting Blowing Dixie's question since it was earlier in the thread. I am having a problem with my browser. But the top part is blowing dixie's earlier post.

Wish they did One championship or K-1
Both promotions are free on YouTube. One Championship puts their whole events up except a few behind a paywall which even those you can get around with a VPN. And I believe that K-1 puts the individual fights up on their own YouTube, sometimes even with English commentary not long after the events.

Both promotions are free on YouTube. One Championship puts their whole events up except a few behind a paywall which even those you can get around with a VPN. And I believe that K-1 puts the individual fights up on their own YouTube, sometimes even with English commentary not long after the events.
You can also watch K-1 live on Abema if you use a VPN.

Which VPN works on abema? None of the ones I have work there
You have to make sure you don't pick the best connection. Manually pick one that is lower speed and it seems to work. I was able to do it with NordVPN and others have done it with different VPN software.

Last edited:
Back