Muay Thai Gym Q&A

update us and let us know how your training and your vacation is going too!

I will for sure! Like I mentioned- very early stages but ideally I’d like to go some time in the Autumn and would love to do something like 4 weeks (2 weeks working remote 2 weeks completely off).

I recently came back from Bangkok and I trained at Chuwattana gym. I did mostly the private sessions and I enjoyed it. The training was definitely harder compared to Sinbi, so you definitely have to come in shape. The trainers were very friendly, but for those who what trainers to speak english, you’re going to have some difficulty.

Awesome, is it best to stick with the hotels/rooms in the Accomodation section of these gyms?

https://www.phukettopteam.com/prices/accommodation

I did the conversion of the prices for a month and the prices aren't bad at all. They all seem within very close walking distance to the gym too (at least in this PTT example). The rooms look small but simple enough and seem to have all the ammendities I would need (mainly internet for work). Or is it better to look elsewhere for housing?

I think the off-site budget rooms and the deluxe off-site rooms got a big advantage compared to other places, they have a shared kitchen. I've been visiting the gyms at that street several times in the past and would say the off-site budget rooms/Baan khun yui is the best place around because of the kitchen.

Most people eat at restaurants during their visits, there are cheap places to eat but in the long run it can become quite expensive. + The menues are always the same. Stores to buy food are just round the corner.

I did notice now that the deluxe off site-rooms, which got the same owner and is right next to the budget rooms does not list a kitchen so maybe that changed. When I was there the only difference was a slightly bigger room and a pool, in my opinion not worth it. (The pool is supersmall.)

Well after a bit of thought on gyms, I've decided on returning to Eagle Muay Thai Phuket in June
Excited AF as its been years since I've travelled to Thailand with the goal intent of JUST training and fighting.

Well after a bit of thought on gyms, I've decided on returning to Eagle Muay Thai Phuket in June
Excited AF as its been years since I've travelled to Thailand with the goal intent of JUST training and fighting.

Hogfather next to Eagle MT has some good Texas style BBQ. Well as good as you can get in Thailand.

Hogfather next to Eagle MT has some good Texas style BBQ. Well as good as you can get in Thailand.

Always loved that place. Its a hidden gem from the busier soi tai ed street.
I didn't get to go in June as my shoulder started playing up, but will look at October now

Back