Muay Thai or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu - Which style is more effective?

No need to follow the link.
I did, nice sounding MMA camp.

On Muay Thai. I think boxing is higher level striking. Karate much faster & brings in TDs. BJJ can dominate strikers, but not because the Gracies' said so.<{danayeah}>

The style that you’ve trained diligently is the more effective style

Kinda click bait thread, cause the MMA thinking here would recommend doing both. The mix is a common formula in professional MMA competition.

Can't say what is the goal street or ring for the street bjj takes to long more than one person and your fucked.

I would choose Wing Chun personally myself. Its too deadly for the cage which is why we dont see it in MMA. It has proven itself effective in a "real fight". There just arent many grand masters left to prove it and all the stuff you can find online is by people that suck at it. Im off to watch lord of the rings and play some warcraft before I attend the LARP tournament.

I would choose Wing Chun personally myself. Its too deadly for the cage which is why we dont see it in MMA. It has proven itself effective in a "real fight". There just arent many grand masters left to prove it and all the stuff you can find online is by people that suck at it. Im off to watch lord of the rings and play some warcraft before I attend the LARP tournament.
Devil's advocate:
People who perform Wai Kru (while wearing a tennis racket on their head) and Krabi–krabong demos are LARPing

Why not Preying Mantis? It has proven itself in video games against some of the toughest opponents and works even if someone is standing at a distance and throwing energy balls at you.

Why not Preying Mantis? It has proven itself in video games against some of the toughest opponents and works even if someone is standing at a distance and throwing energy balls at you.
Fireballs are banned under unified MMA rules, IBJJF, and IFMA

Considering that this is a standup forum, I'd say muay thai is more effective for standup.

Back