International Murica Makes Massive New Sea Claim the Size of California, Targeting Resource Rich Regions

When we start constructing little islands off the coast of Russia, and create fictional maps showing that it has been our territory since ancient times, we can start the Chinese comparisons. Countries do this all the time.

Countries even will disagree with international rulings, and that is Ok.

The US having military bases surrounding Russia and China is essentially the same thing as China building military islands.

There were George Floyd murals in Afghanistan … is this the kind of world you want to fight and die for?

The US having military bases surrounding Russia and China is essentially the same thing as China building military islands.

There were George Floyd murals in Afghanistan … is this the kind of world you want to fight and die for?
Meds

Canada should partner up with China against this blantant land/sea claims by US

Big fan of GSP.
We met and talked about alien abductions.
He got me into MMA.

Mod @Slobodan knows.
You know Bob you've been told to lay low, stop causing such a ruckus.

• Sad
Reactions: lsa

I think Canada is tired of war.
They finally ended the war with Denmark.
IIRC it was earlier this year.

Put some Chinese missiles and military bases in Canada. It’s a free world.

What are the chances that either of you actually know that Canadian scientists already published the result of their own Extended Continental Shelf program, or as you call it, "blatant land/sea claims" years before the evil American scientists completed their U.S continental shelf survey?

Oh, and they had plenty of help from the other members of the Arctic Five (U.S, Denmark, Sweden) on their expeditions to map their sea floor, imagine that. Russia is the only A5 member not invited to this maritime party.

Here are some pretty pictures that would help you evaluate Canada's ECS in the Atlantic and the Arctic, which would add an area of around 2.4 million km2 to Canadian jurisdiction. That's more than twice the claim in the recently-published American ECS.

cjes-2022-0069_f3.jpg

The shaded pink area shows Canada’s extended continental shelf for the Atlantic region, nearly 1.2 million km2 in area.

The 200 M limit of Canada is shown with a black line at the landward side of the pink shaded area.

cjes-2022-0069_f28.jpg

Canada delineated an area that is approximately 1.2 million km2 as its ECS in the Arctic.

Canada’s extended continental shelf according to its 2019 submission to the CLCS, represented as the pink polygon, extends seaward from Canada’s 200 M limit (white line) to its outermost limits proposed by Canada (red line) NP indicates the North Pole. The black line is the land boundary with the United States (Alaska) and the purple line is the boundary with Denmark (Greenland).

Atlantic expeditions​

• The Atlantic submission covers approximately 1.2 million km2 of seafloor, spanning 8,000 km from the Labrador Sea, the Grand Banks, and the Scotian Shelf
  • 5 Atlantic surveys were completed from 2006-2012:
    • 3 surveys by Canada
    • 1 joint Canada-U.S.
    • 1 joint Canada-Denmark

Arctic expeditions​

• The Arctic submission could cover approximately 1 million km2 of seafloor, spanning the Canada Basin, Alpha Ridge, Lomonosov Ridge, North Pole, and Amundsen Basin
  • 15 Arctic surveys were completed from 2006-2016:
    • 5 surveys by Canada
    • 4 joint Canada-U.S.
    • 5 joint Canada-Denmark
    • 1 joint Canada-Sweden
Canada has collaborated scientifically with several countries through data collection, analysis, publications, and presentations. These collaborations have been key for Canada to collect the necessary data to support its submission. Joint surveys with Denmark, the U.S., and Sweden were mutually beneficial for cost savings and sharing expertise, as well as for acquiring data. Scientific collaboration is beneficial to establish international consensus on acceptable methodologies for data collection, analyses, and interpretations.

Appendix A: ECS Overlap in the Atlantic Ocean​

2019-evaluation-ecs-pce-eng-10.png

Appendix B: ECS Overlap in the Arctic Ocean​

2019-evaluation-ecs-pce-eng-11.png

International forums have been key venues for open and transparent dialogue on Arctic issues. For example, Canada participates in collaborative meetings of the Arctic Five (A5), a group of the five coastal Arctic states (Canada, the U.S., Russia, Denmark, and Norway). This group meets annually at A5 Arctic Ocean Workshops to discuss technical and legal issues relating to the delineation of the continental shelf.

Ilulissat Declaration​

The Ilulissat Declaration was signed on May 28, 2008 in Ilulissat, Greenland by the A5 States, and has been essential to peaceful cooperation in the Arctic. The Declaration commits the States to the peaceful and orderly settlement of sovereignty or boundary disputes, as well as prioritizing and strengthening the protection of the Arctic marine environment, search and rescue capabilities, and transparency in scientific collaboration and cooperation. The Declaration and its priorities were recently reaffirmed by the A5 on its 10th anniversary, on May 22, 2018 in Ilulissat. Although one A5 country, the U.S., has not ratified UNCLOS, their commitment to the Ilulissat Declaration ensures their responsibility to resolve any boundary disputes peacefully and collaborate on the preservation of the Arctic region.

Actively engaging and collaborating with Canada’s neighbours and multilateral partners has been important in the Arctic and Atlantic regions for facilitating peaceful maritime boundary negotiations.

Sorry kids, you're not gonna see any war breaking out between the U.S/Canada/Denmark/Sweden here, certainly not with China as an ally like in your delirious dreams.

Any overlapping in their ECS claims will be resolved peacefully, you can bet on it.

Last edited:
What are the chances that either of you actually know that Canadian scientists already published the result of their own Extended Continental Shelf program, or as you call it, "blatant land/sea claims" years before the evil American scientists completed their U.S continental shelf survey?

Oh, and they had plenty of help from the other members of the Arctic Five (U.S, Denmark, Sweden) on their expeditions to map their sea floor, imagine that. Russia is the only A5 member not invited to this maritime party.

Here are some pretty pictures that would help you evaluate Canada's ECS in the Atlantic and the Arctic, which would add an area of around 2.4 million km2 to Canadian jurisdiction. That's more than twice the claim in the recently-published American ECS.

cjes-2022-0069_f3.jpg

cjes-2022-0069_f28.jpg

Appendix A: ECS Overlap in the Atlantic Ocean​

2019-evaluation-ecs-pce-eng-10.png

Appendix B: ECS Overlap in the Arctic Ocean​

2019-evaluation-ecs-pce-eng-11.png

Sorry kids, you're not gonna see any war breaking out between the U.S/Canada/Denmark/Sweden here, certainly not with China as an ally like in your delirious dreams.

Any overlapping in their ECS claims will be resolved peacefully, you can bet on it.

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy using an exaggerated scenario of China setting up military bases in Canada.

If you read my posts and actually thought I was being sincere, then I don’t know what to tell you.

I’m just pointing out the hypocrisy using an exaggerated scenario of China setting up military bases in Canada.

If you read my posts and actually thought I was being sincere, then I don’t know what to tell you.

You guys could have just acknowledge that you got bamboozled by the TS due to your ignorance of the Artic Five's ECS programs, which would explain all the stupid comparisons with China - who have been blatantly stealing their neighbors' territories on land and at sea through violence.

I get it, this isn't the first time that people in the WR get shafted by the flawed narrative crafted in the OP on a subject completely foreign to them, nor it will be the last.

Last edited:
Back