My big stupid hype trains thread.

He wrestles for Turkey (and competes there as Shamil Erdogan or Samil if you believe Russian Wikipedia).

If you are interested, Lavrentyev fights tomorrow at RCC event which is gonna be broadcasted on Youtube. But I don't know if it will be available in your country (might be geoblocked, but I don't think I even heard about RCC geoblocking broadcasts of their events).

Definitely interested, I'll probably be able to find a torrent if I can't stream it.

Edit - Been meaning to check out Kornilov too and I see he's on the card.

He wrestles for Turkey (and competes there as Shamil Erdogan or Samil if you believe Russian Wikipedia).
yes, Turkey, i stand corrected.
he's a bronze medalist (Worlds 2014) at 97kg (about 215 lbs~)

his major problem is his cardio, if that gets fixed he's going far with such elite wrestling.
at 30~ years old, time is now for him to make big moves.

Definitely interested, I'll probably be able to find a torrent if I can't stream it.

Edit - Been meaning to check out Kornilov too and I see he's on the card.
I think they upload fights at Youtube after the event but probably if you wanna see the whole evnt with walkout music and stuff -- torrent is your choice.
Also have you seen news about Brave CF card in Belarus? There is plenty of prospects, I think on their website you can look who they recently signed and announcements (like, which fighters will probably appear on that card since last time I checked it wasn't finalised).

I think they upload fights at Youtube after the event but probably if you wanna see the whole evnt with walkout music and stuff -- torrent is your choice.
Also have you seen news about Brave CF card in Belarus? There is plenty of prospects, I think on their website you can look who they recently signed and announcements (like, which fighters will probably appear on that card since last time I checked it wasn't finalised).

Yeah it looks like the typical great for scouting Brave card. Mokaev also says he's signed to fight at the event although we don't know who he'll be fighting yet.

waiting to check out a couple of fights before I update the rankings.

But in terms of stuff coming up this week we've got.

RCC tonight

Kirill Kornilov (30/Russia/HW/8-0-1) taking on a UFC vet in Wagner Prado
#5 BW Denis Lavrentyev (32/Russia/BW/10-2) fighting 16-6 Brazilian Rafael Dias
Nikolay Prismakov (23/Russia/BW/8-1) Vs Dmitriy Babkin (Russia/BW/5-0)

PFL on Thursday

Renan Ferreira (31/Brazil/HW/6-2) welcomes Fabricio Wedum to the PFL.
#1 BW+ Kayla Harrison (30/USA/LW/8-0) likely beats up Mariana Moraes
#12 HW Mohammed Usman (32/Nigeria/HW/7-1) will hopefully be a bit more exciting against Brandon Sayles
#4 HW Denis Goltsov (30/Russia/HW/25-6) has an extremely tough assignment against big titty himself Justin Willis
Julija Pajic (23/Monenegro/LW/3-0) has a massive step up in competition against last years finalist Larissa Pachecho
#6 HW Ante Delija (30/Croatia/HW/17-3) fights Bruno Cappelozza

Combate on Friday

Juan Puerta (33/USA/FLW/21-6) puts his current 10 fight win streak on the line against Lloyd McKinney
Jesus Santos Aguilar (25/Mexico/FLW/5-1) gets TUF and DWCS vet Jaime Alvarez

LUX on Friday

#13 LW Daniel Zellhuber (21/Mexico/LW/10-0) takes on 4-1 Jafeth Quieroz

FAC on Friday

Mikey England (USA/WW/4-0) against Chel Erwin-Davis

Last edited:
waiting to check out a couple of fights before I update the rankings.

But in terms of stuff coming up this week we've got.

RCC tonight

Kirill Kornilov (30/Russia/HW/8-0-1) taking on a UFC vet in Wagner Prado
#5 BW Denis Lavrentyev (32/Russia/BW/10-2) fighting 16-6 Brazilian Rafael Dias
Nikolay Prismakov (23/Russia/BW/8-1) Vs Dmitriy Babkin (Russia/BW/5-0)

PFL on Thursday

Renan Ferreira (31/Brazil/HW/6-2) welcomes Fabricio Wedum to the PFL.
#1 BW+ Kayla Harrison (30/USA/LW/8-0) likely beats up Mariana Moraes
#12 HW Mohammed Usman (32/Nigeria/HW/7-1) will hopefully be a bit more exciting against Brandon Sayles
#4 HW Denis Goltsov (30/Russia/HW/25-6) has an extremely tough assignment against big titty himself Justin Willis
Julija Pajic (23/Monenegro/LW/3-0) has a massive step up in competition against last years finalist Larissa Pachecho
#6 HW Ante Delija (30/Croatia/HW/17-3) fights Bruno Cappelozza

Combate on Friday

Juan Puerta (33/USA/FLW/21-6) puts his current 10 fight win streak on the line against Lloyd McKinney
Jesus Santos Aguilar (25/Mexico/FLW/5-1) gets TUF and DWCS vet Jaime Alvarez

LUX on Friday

#13 LW Daniel Zellhuber (21/Mexico/LW/10-0) takes on 4-1 Jafeth Quieroz

FAC on Friday

Mikey England (USA/WW/4-0) against Chel Erwin-Davis
If you are interested, there was a video interview with Vakhaev.
So -- some manager wrote to him on Instagram that UFC is ready to sign him, he just need to vacate the belt and leave ACA and they are ready to sign him at the same day. After he did that, manager says that he needed to be tested to see if he can pass USADA (if I remembered it right) and also says that conversation moved from Instagram to What's Up. 8 months passed and he get contract (I didn't get it, they called it "manager's contract"). Vakhaev says that because of pandemic + he realized that he will be spending a lot of tme abroad training and fightng (he says it's not easy without sponsors and he had financial problems a the moment) + UFC offered not a lot of money (he said something like that a lot of promotion can pay him the same money), he decided to stay with ACA.

So -- some manager wrote to him on Instagram that UFC is ready to sign him, he just need to vacate the belt and leave ACA and they are ready to sign him at the same day. After he did that, manager says that he needed to be tested to see if he can pass USADA (if I remembered it right) and also says that conversation moved from Instagram to What's Up. 8 months passed and he get contract (I didn't get it, they called it "manager's contract"). Vakhaev says that because of pandemic + he realized that he will be spending a lot of tme abroad training and fightng (he says it's not easy without sponsors and he had financial problems a the moment) + UFC offered not a lot of money (he said something like that a lot of promotion can pay him the same money), he decided to stay with ACA.

Makes sense, I figured the reason might be that his record doesn't look that pretty on paper until you realise how good he is. Hopefully he goes again one day.

ONE, PFL, or Bellator need to be all over Vakhaev and offer him good money to sign.

He's already gone back to ACA for six fights.
They dropped the ball, then. I dont think we will see Vakhaev in the big leagues ever, then. At least not during his prime, isnt he like 32 already? God knows if he will win all those of his fights and if he will still be in his prime by the time is done with his contract. I hope he is getting paid well. BTW, isnt there another HW Vakhaev? like a younger one who is also pretty good.

They dropped the ball, then. I dont think we will see Vakhaev in the big leagues ever, then. At least not during his prime, isnt he like 32 already? God knows if he will win all those of his fights and if he will still be in his prime by the time is done with his contract. I hope he is getting paid well. BTW, isnt there another HW Vakhaev? like a younger one who is also pretty good.

Yeah there's Alikhan Vakhaev also in ACA

Whats your take on him? Are they related, btw? I was seeing in his record that he lost to Volkan early in his career.

Not sure if they're related tbh, I like what I've seen from him, he's pretty fearless and just walks people down and knocks them out.

Whats your take on him? Are they related, btw? I was seeing in his record that he lost to Volkan early in his career.
not related, that fight was a mess, Volkan wrestled him for most of it, Vakhaev used to be much much slimmer then, he was a young LHW for years prior and since then he became a real HW standing at 6'6" and put some solid muscle

like has been said Alikhan is reckless but hits hard and has somewhat of a sniper-like striking style, that i reckon will take him far, but we shall see
he can wrestle well too, and 28 years old so higher upside with him.

denis_goltsov_new.jpg

Denis Goltsov

Country - Russia
Weight Class - Heavyweight
Promotion - PFL
Record : 26-6

Goltsov is a UFC quality heavyweight period. I've always been impressed by his jab, but the way he adapted to a late replacement who seemed to have specifically planned for the jab and just decimated him with body kicks instead to wear him down was truly impressive. It's a shame the Willis fight got cancelled as that would have been a great indicator of how he'd perform against a ranked quality UFC heavy. With Werdum looking his age, Delija having a bad gameplan and losing points and Willis and Isaev not fighting, he must be the clear favourite for the PFL title this year.

oie_cWJ2aPSnOnVe-696x392.jpg

Kayla Harrison

Country - USA
Weight Class - Lightweight
Promotion - PFL
Record : 9-0

The only threat to Amanda Nunes at FW really. Utterly dominant performance from Kayla as she just buzzed through her opponent with consummate ease. That judo is obviously on another level but the ground and pound is getting scary too. Allow her to add elbows in to her mount and that's a recipe for pain.

Makes sense, I figured the reason might be that his record doesn't look that pretty on paper until you realise how good he is. Hopefully he goes again one day.
It might be interesting for you -- in interview Nasrudinov said that originally he was in talks with UFC 3 years ago, he was thinking that his contract with WFCA (I think?) has ended but then he found out that 2 fights left on it. He also says that UFC has kinda fixed number of spots per country on roster. So maybe that's why he is on DWTNCS, like they not gonna just sign another Russian fighter.

It might be interesting for you -- in interview Nasrudinov said that originally he was in talks with UFC 3 years ago, he was thinking that his contract with WFCA (I think?) has ended but then he found out that 2 fights left on it. He also says that UFC has kinda fixed number of spots per country on roster. So maybe that's why he is on DWTNCS, like they not gonna just sign another Russian fighter.

Yeah, I wish they'd remove the limit. It makes absolutely no sense and means they miss out on some very good fighters. Even with that when it comes to Russian fighters they sometimes make weird selections like Popov or Khandozko.

My worry for Nasrudinov is that him and Jailton Junior are both so good they could cancel each other out and neither of them get a contract. I'd rather they were both fighting someone else as imo they're both easily good enough for the roster.

Back