My big stupid hype trains thread.

What do you make of Veretennikov? looked good in the main event.

Yeah, he's a little old for a prospect (34 I think), but he was doing well. I thought that was a poor stoppage though I did think he was on his way to winning anyway.

i had my eye on him a few years ago but was disappointed at the DWCS performance. He doesnt seem like champion material but fun AF material.

Yeah I tend to agree, I don't think he'll make it into title contention, but I could see him getting a few POTN bonuses.

You should take a look at ONE's MW and LHW Champ Reineer de Ridder and HW Champ Arjan Bhullar.

This week's LFA is pretty hype. Kenan Jackson from Jackson Wink and Grandview NAIA is coming back first fight after the Jackson Wink Fight Night. Bryce Meredith the All American from Wyoming is making his debut. Archie Colgan, also a Wyoming Alum/teammate and Big 12 champion, is also fighting this week in his second fight. Tyler Ray, a Mt. St. Joseph alum is fighting. And Thomas Petersen, a JUCO national champ is fighting. So 5 interesting fights for me on the LFA card makes this week's LFA really exciting.

And in Bellator, Austin Vanderford is back in action, Davion Franklin is back in action. Grant Neal is also a pretty interesting fellow. Good week for MMA as a whole I think.

This week's LFA is pretty hype. Kenan Jackson from Jackson Wink and Grandview NAIA is coming back first fight after the Jackson Wink Fight Night. Bryce Meredith the All American from Wyoming is making his debut. Archie Colgan, also a Wyoming Alum/teammate and Big 12 champion, is also fighting this week in his second fight. Tyler Ray, a Mt. St. Joseph alum is fighting. And Thomas Petersen, a JUCO national champ is fighting. So 5 interesting fights for me on the LFA card makes this week's LFA really exciting.

And in Bellator, Austin Vanderford is back in action, Davion Franklin is back in action. Grant Neal is also a pretty interesting fellow. Good week for MMA as a whole I think.

Have you seen Josh Fremd before? Guy is an animal.

Have you seen Josh Fremd before? Guy is an animal.
Disnt see the fight but Fremd got slept, did you see the fight? what happened? i feel sorry for him, he was disappointed his last fight didnt get him a spot in the UFC, now thats even further away.

Disnt see the fight but Fremd got slept, did you see the fight? what happened? i feel sorry for him, he was disappointed his last fight didnt get him a spot in the UFC, now thats even further away.

I think he's a glass cannon unfortunately. Rodrigues had a really good performance though and I'll be adding a post about him later.

I still think Fremd ultimately makes it to the big show because he's entertaining.

I think he's a glass cannon unfortunately. Rodrigues had a really good performance though and I'll be adding a post about him later.

I still think Fremd ultimately makes it to the big show because he's entertaining.
I just saw the fight and Rodrigues dominated Fremd. Its a crazy, crazy sport Fremd was a -230 favorite and most (including me) were overlooking Rodrigues and already foreseeing a future for Fremd in the UFC. Hopefully Rodrigues gets the call to the big leagues, his record is pretty impressive, the guy is a finishing machine.

Shabliy and Vartanyan had vastly, vastly underwheliming performances; I really dont know what to make of them. At this point, Tofiq Musayev looks like the more interesting 155 fighter out of all of them.

Shabliy and Vartanyan had vastly, vastly underwheliming performances; I really dont know what to make of them. At this point, Tofiq Musayev looks like the more interesting 155 fighter out of all of them.

At least we can usually rely on AAA to never let us down.

At least we can usually rely on AAA to never let us down.
What is your opinion on Samsonidse?

About AAA and next title fight in ACA, accordng to Reznikov, this month ACA offered him fight against AAA at event in November. It's the last fight on his contract and he hoped to fight in coming months, like June-September and be a free agent or that's how I understand it (ACA offered new contract, 8 000/8 000 $ but he turned it down and seems like he took offense, that they will pay him 8 000 $ for a title fight if he lose, while AAA will be paid around 50 000 $), plus under his current contract (5 000/5 000 $) if he wins his contract will be extended for 3 or 4 fights so he says that he is not interested and asked ACA to give him a fight before November.

About AAA and next title fight in ACA, accordng to Reznikov, this month ACA offered him fight against AAA at event in November. It's the last fight on his contract and he hoped to fight in coming months, like June-September and be a free agent or that's how I understand it (ACA offered new contract, 8 000/8 000 $ but he turned it down and seems like he took offense, that they will pay him 8 000 $ for a title fight if he lose, while AAA will be paid around 50 000 $), plus under his current contract (5 000/5 000 $) if he wins his contract will be extended for 3 or 4 fights so he says that he is not interested and asked ACA to give him a fight before November.

Ya he should just leave ACA and not get stuck there getting paid 8k/8k

I haven't seen Samsonidse but that's an impressive record. I'll have to check out his upcoming fight.

$8k for Reznikov is a pretty poor offer considering he just beat a very hyped guy in Raisov.

robocop-ufc.jpg

Gregory Rodrigues

Country - Brazil
Weight Class - Light Heavyweight
Promotion - LFA
Record : 9-3

I was all about his opponent Josh Fremd going into this fight, but man did Gregory ever derail that hype train in style. An extremely powerful and accurate puncher, he took advantage of Fremd being wild to crack him and once he hurt him he showed good composure to not rush in and mess up a finish, instead carefully picking his shots for maximum impact en route to a finish. He had a blip on the Contender Series, but he looks big league ready.

robocop-ufc.jpg

Gregory Rodrigues

Country - Brazil
Weight Class - Light Heavyweight
Promotion - LFA
Record : 9-3

I was all about his opponent Josh Fremd going into this fight, but man did Gregory ever derail that hype train in style. An extremely powerful and accurate puncher, he took advantage of Fremd being wild to crack him and once he hurt him he showed good composure to not rush in and mess up a finish, instead carefully picking his shots for maximum impact en route to a finish. He had a blip on the Contender Series, but he looks big league ready.
Former DWCS and low profile LFA champion, this guy has Bellator written all over him. I feel that if Fremd would have won, he would have punched hia ticket to the UFC but not Rodrigues...unless he is willing to go to DWCW again.

Back