my boys fight

I’m sorry not trying to be combative but that doesn’t really sound like anything.

Why would punches be sideways. I get what you are saying but it sounds so theoretical that it is losing meaning.
You are focusing so much on the trees that you are losing sight of the forest. And some of things you are saying my sound like they could be debated.
As to shorter guys fighting with a low lead arm. What about Qawi being 5’5 and going all the way up to HW?
u gotta realize untrained people or those who never really fought are 100% theory you know same types who think that you have t throw every single punch with perfect body mechanics when thats not realistic since its a fight and fights arnt like movies video games

I’m sorry not trying to be combative but that doesn’t really sound like anything.

Why would punches be sideways. I get what you are saying but it sounds so theoretical that it is losing meaning.
You are focusing so much on the trees that you are losing sight of the forest. And some of things you are saying my sound like they could be debated.
As to shorter guys fighting with a low lead arm. What about Qawi being 5’5 and going all the way up to HW?
It's obvious at this point that guy has never trained. Nobody who has ever engaged in any physical activity talks this way.

I mean, he thinks punching up would be too slow because of gravity for fuck's sake. This is what happens when all your martial art knowledge comes from video games and comic books.

I started MA 6-7 years old lol.

{<jordan}<Fedor23>

You may want to google this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity

I challenge you guys to come fight me but you will lay down and only punch up while I will only punch down, fair game if what you say is true.

Punches are not sideways unless you do some ballerina shit.

Last edited:

{<jordan}<Fedor23>

I challenge you guys to come fight me but you will lay down and only punch up while I will only punch down, fair game if what you say is true.

given im a pro with a 6-1 overall record as long as u can obtain a pro license sure

h
It's obvious at this point that guy has never trained. Nobody who has ever engaged in any physical activity talks this way.

I mean, he thinks punching up would be too slow because of gravity for fuck's sake. This is what happens when all your martial art knowledge comes from video games and comic books.
he prob watches that boxing anime on youtube and thinks he knows striking

{<jordan}<Fedor23>

See this is a dishonest argument because it removes the actual mechanics of a punch. The big movers like the hips and feet and the torso rotation etc..
I can’t tel if you have a point about gravity or not because you cover it in dishonest arguments.

Also my math is nowhere near bragging levels but I don’t think gravity as dramatic an effect on a punch as you at least make it sound from you posts.

h

he prob watches that boxing anime on youtube and thinks he knows striking
Wait you can’t earn boxing from watching a cartoon and shadowboxing in your moms basement??

I have a lot of work to do :(

@tekkenfan pro license on what and where?
Why are you trying to argue with pros and coaches. It makes about as much sense as your hypothesis. The reality is a lower stance allows you to transfer more weight (force) into your target. Leave "fighting tall" to the idiots like Rogan. Standing too upright robs your punches of force and is the number one way the get flattened by an overhand right. If you were talking about kicking you may have a bit of a point, not for boxing though.

Why are you trying to argue with pros and coaches. It makes about as much sense as your hypothesis.

Because he doesn't realise how many of the people in this thread have had long amateur careers or pro careers lmao.

lol if by amateur or pro career you mean tournament fights then you should reconsider your opinion about what a pro is , if you don't make enough money to support a family of four you're not even close to being a pro, the big hip movers like the legs , hip flexors , lats, obliques e.t.c. are used in other types of punches, the argument was that a taller fighter can drop hands easier against a shorter opponent , the distance you have to travel is longer if you're short , you can twist to the side to compensate for the lack of mobility above shoulder level but that's not the punch we're talking about , the only thing I have realized is that this section is utterly bad , sherdog used to have a pretty descent grappling section but it has gone bad as well as soon as the regulars in grappling stopped posting and trolls from standing started opening threads there

Oh my , I had my first tournament and athlete card at 7 years old so I was an amateur or a pro back then, wow I didn't know I'm so badass as you are guys thanks for letting me know

Last edited:
he isn't dropping his hands like the original poster video damn troll

who is this guy I don't know him

do you really no know what is framing vs dropping hands

the effect I'm talking about comes from torso positioning , taller guys can crunch the torso while punching which makes the limp arm style work for taller guys because of the punch trajectory but shorter guys can't exceed their shoulder line with straight punches like the ones coming from the limp arm style without loosing power hence if they crunch their torso they loose more power than they gain from the ab muscles and gravity so it works for taller vs shorter because the shoulder line of the tall person is at head level of the short person, that's why you won't find any short guys beating taller guys using the limp arm

didn't say to knock out with the flick jab from the limp arm but the more power you generate the faster the punch in this case which is what ppl argued about

let's say punches are either forward, to the sides and in, upwards or downwards which are the free ranges of motion for the arm , the more muscles and levers you use to bring the punch in one direction the more power you generate , so for forward you can use any muscles and levers to help you reach farther forward and generate more power, there is a limiting case for speed where if you use slower muscles and larger pivoting arms (larger trajectory) you can loose speed, all this movement is coordinated by your brain which manages the kinetic chain in order to not fire muscles which oppose the motion of the body, the torso is just another lever like the waist e.t.c. which is affected by gravity , really hard to explain every detail , I don't think anyone bothers with each individual movement, most coaches recognize a pattern and copy this pattern which is what we humans are really good at

edit: I now remember there is youtube video where a guy compares mma fighters with big bellies , it describes kind of what I say

source.gif

I feel tougher!!

lol if by amateur or pro career you mean tournament fights then you should reconsider your opinion about what a pro is , if you don't make enough money to support a family of four you're not even close to being a pro

A professional is someone who is paid to fight regardless of if it is enough to feed their family on. Thousands of professional fighters around the world have two jobs.

A professional is someone who is paid to fight regardless of if it is enough to feed their family on. Thousands of professional fighters around the world have two jobs.

This. By @lakamas definition of a pro fighter, there are a very small number of fighters in the world who could qualify as pro.

I remember seeing a documentary where Joe Louis would do labour work then train for a fight afterwards. What would that make him? A hobbyist?

This. By @lakamas definition of a pro fighter, there are a very small number of fighters in the world who could qualify as pro.

I remember seeing a documentary where Joe Louis would do labour work then train for a fight afterwards. What would that make him? A hobbyist?
Not just a hobbyist. According to lakamas, he's also a can. Look how low he keeps his hands. Dude would never be able to throw a jab.

Joe-Louis-1946.jpg

Not just a hobbyist. According to lakamas, he's also a can. Look how low he keeps his hands. Dude would never be able to throw a jab.

Joe-Louis-1946.jpg
lawls dude who does tae kwon do trying tot ell pro boxers how to throw punches theirs always one though

Back