my boys fight

@lakamas did martial arts since he was 6 guys look out.
My mum put me in to Taekwondo at 6 as well, so I guess I can add the 6 years of Taekwondo (that I don't normally count) before I moved to boxing at 12 and make my entire fighting career 23 years long. This is quite a development.

lol if by amateur or pro career you mean tournament fights then you should reconsider your opinion about what a pro is , if you don't make enough money to support a family of four you're not even close to being a pro, the big hip movers like the legs , hip flexors , lats, obliques e.t.c. are used in other types of punches, the argument was that a taller fighter can drop hands easier against a shorter opponent , the distance you have to travel is longer if you're short , you can twist to the side to compensate for the lack of mobility above shoulder level but that's not the punch we're talking about , the only thing I have realized is that this section is utterly bad , sherdog used to have a pretty descent grappling section but it has gone bad as well as soon as the regulars in grappling stopped posting and trolls from standing started opening threads there

Oh my , I had my first tournament and athlete card at 7 years old so I was an amateur or a pro back then, wow I didn't know I'm so badass as you are guys thanks for letting me know
But see this is dishonest again because a boxingmach is not static, it’s dynamic. Compensating for reach and height differences aren’t made up for by exaggerated twisting. That’s done by footwork or distance management. That is the fight. Little tricks like you mention are useful but they are not as important as distance management.

Not just a hobbyist. According to lakamas, he's also a can. Look how low he keeps his hands. Dude would never be able to throw a jab.

Joe-Louis-1946.jpg
Obvious can. I would butt scoot into a head kick and then finish him off with a gogoplata. Martial arts have evolved since that time I can tell from 3 minute clips YouTube.

My mum put me in to Taekwondo at 6 as well, so I guess I can add the 6 years of Taekwondo (that I don't normally count) before I moved to boxing at 12 and make my entire fighting career 23 years long. This is quite a development.
lol you know he trained in tkd or kung fu or fact he didnt say he has been boxing or doing any real combat sport lol

Obvious can. I would butt scoot into a head kick and then finish him off with a gogoplata. Martial arts have evolved since that time I can tell from 3 minute clips YouTube.
yup.. average 2 stripe white belt today would berinbolo him and he couldnt do anything about it

But see this is dishonest again because a boxingmach is not static, it’s dynamic. Compensating for reach and height differences aren’t made up for by exaggerated twisting. That’s done by footwork or distance management. That is the fight. Little tricks like you mention are useful but they are not as important as distance management.

tbh iv learnt to not even argue with untrained people its the same as trying to convert a religious person to something else they have their mind made up lol

yup.. average 2 stripe white belt today would berinbolo him and he couldnt do anything about it
He only knows boxing... I have read randy coutures wrestling book all these one dimensional fools getting a one way ticket to single leg county.

tbh iv learnt to not even argue with untrained people its the same as trying to convert a religious person to something else they have their mind made up lol
I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.. but we have had so many illustrious armchair experts here it’s hard to remain optimistic

I am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.. but we have had so many illustrious armchair experts here it’s hard to remain optimistic

tbh iv come t learn a good half at least of guys here never even competed and trained at small mma gyms with coaches who also didnt ever really fight unfortunately boxings ana rt without a real ranking system outside of competing pro or am so youll have tons of bullshit coaches sadly

so mom first put you in TKD and then mom put you in boxing , ok...

I too don't count modern TKD as a combat sport, pretty much the only thing we ll ever agree on.

How is @tekkenfan a pro with all the rudimentary questions he asks in here? I am baffled.

It's a safe bet to always go with the herd, agree with the herd so you might get accepted.

Flies squirming around, messing up the mood.

What does joe louis has to do with the argument about tall vs short fighters?

Louis worked two jobs in 1940, do you think they gave money to boxers back then?

Getting 50$ to participate in a fight once doesn't make you a pro, wake up people!

Last edited:

No my mum put me in TKD as a child because I showed an interest in martial arts. My father put me into boxing because he was a professional boxer in the 60's and 70's and wanted me to follow the same path. After 17 years competing in both Muay Thai and Boxing I decided I was done with it.

@tekkenfan is a pro because he gets paid to fight, He knows more about wrestling and grappling than I ever will. But he still fights as a professional and you can't take that away from him.

and @Sinister the guy you were "educating" he was a pro fighter too, he moved on to be a trainer at Tocco's gym in Las Vegas and is still a trainer (or head trainer IDK) there today.

Last edited:
My grandfather was in olympics

Not sure how its related to thread but im sure it is in some way

My grandfather was in olympics

Not sure how its related to thread but im sure it is in some way

If your grandfather didn't do TKD as a 6 year old we don't want to know about it.

I don't believe you will understand my reply so I will leave a short clip here

head and torso of the tall fighter drops, hands at head level of short fighter

short fighter twists as to gain increased shoulder mobility above shoulder level

all the other stuff you say is utter bullshit I don't want to trash people so I leave it at that

Last edited:

I too don't count modern TKD as a combat sport, pretty much the only thing we ll ever agree on.

How is @tekkenfan a pro with all the rudimentary questions he asks in here? I am baffled.

It's a safe bet to always go with the herd, agree with the herd so you might get accepted.

Louis worked two jobs in 1940, do you think they gave money to boxers back then?

Getting 50$ to participate in a fight once doesn't make you a pro, wake up people!

Getting paid to fight makes you a Pro. Not sure what else you think you're talking about.

short fighter twists as to gain increased shoulder mobility above shoulder level

all the other stuff you say is utter bullshit I don't want to trash people so I leave it at that

Just an FYI, that same short fighter got his ass knocked out by a tall fighter who fought with his lead hand low.

If you’re replying to me.
What is total bullshit? Boxing is static? And footwork and distance management aren’t important or the key parts of a fight?

Did you just say Louis wasn't a pro??? Spin whatever shit ya want, but don't go knocking Louis, dems fighting words bud...

Okay I can see your clip now.
Why is the twist of the hand drop important?
What’s more important is why the y’all guy did that. And from that it looks like the short guy got him off of a quick level change and smashed with a nice shot the dude didn’t see coming as he was suckered into guessing the dude was going to be lower than he really was.
All of that is important in the feet man.
Now if you are talking about the exaggerated torso twist and lean down. That’s because it’s a hard right the fighter was probably over extending in the moment because he felt the adrenaline and and was going for the kill.

I always love when this is the first criticism of a fighter who quite obviously knows what they're doing.

Because the level of boxing knowledge in here does not extend beyond: hands up/hands down.

Back