My physique on the carnivore diet (I do not lift)

migeru29

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For those curious about the results of this diet. I'm 5'11 and 185 lbs

I don't lift at all, and no crunches. I do long walks every morning and high speed intervals (around 4 for 7 minutes) a few squats and pushups here and there. I do train Judo about 2 to 3 days a week and JiuJitsu on Saturdays for like 3 hours of nonstop rolling. That's it.

I can tell by your forearms. Straight meat huh

For those curious about the results of this diet. I'm 5'11 and 185 lbs

I don't lift at all, and no crunches. I do long walks every morning and high speed intervals (around 4 for 7 minutes) a few squats and pushups here and there. I do train Judo about 2 to 3 days a week and JiuJitsu on Saturdays for like 3 hours of nonstop rolling. That's it.

No offense but what is the point of this post? Are you you trying to credit or blame the carnivore diet with something? Seems like neither one of those things is possible with the info provided so far. IOW what you look like right now is the result of a multitude of factors so what exactly are you trying to say here?

No offense but what is the point of this post? Are you you trying to credit or blame the carnivore diet with something? Seems like neither one of those things is possible with the info provided so far. IOW what you look like right now is the result of a multitude of factors so what exactly are you trying to say here?

Trying to say that you can look fit via the simplest diet in the world and without weight lifting. That's all.

Trying to say that you can look fit via the simplest diet in the world and without weight lifting. That's all.
Yeah but with exercising daily, being relatively young, having reasonable genetics, and not overeating on basically any diet, you can look fit.

It isn't a before/after change, and you didn't say how long you've been on the diet, so it just comes off as a weird standard for advocacy, 'this diet + daily exercise = I don't look diseased'

Yeah but with exercising daily, being relatively young, having reasonable genetics, and not overeating on basically any diet, you can look fit.

It isn't a before/after change, and you didn't say how long you've been on the diet, so it just comes off as a weird standard for advocacy, 'this diet + daily exercise = I don't look diseased'

Hmmm interesting but I disagree I rarely see a guy as lean as me and I work in a factory with over 500 people.

I've been on the diet for a little over a year and I was in shape before but not even close to nowdays. I'm have almost no fat.

This, exactly This, thank you.

Hmmm interesting but I disagree I rarely see a guy as lean as me and I work in a factory with over 500 people... Then you need to get out more ;)

I've been on the diet for a little over a year and I was in shape before but not even close to nowdays. I'm have almost no fat... You have plenty fat

So what about the flip side to the way you are looking at this? If I've known literally hundreds of guys with approximately 1/2 your bodyfat and probably a quarter of them ate like complete shit what does that prove?

You look good, way better than the average guy your age I'm sure so if that makes you happy that's great, you should be. However dismissing individual differences as well as everything that ocean size said is not good logic or good science.

Do whatever makes you happy though, cheers.

Balanced diet is always the way to go.

Maybe one of the most unnatural this you can do. For whatever reason humans are the only animals that think that a "balanced diet" is a good idea.

Maybe one of the most unnatural this you can do. For whatever reason humans are the only animals that think that a "balanced diet" is a good idea.
I like to eat meat as much as any other carnivore. But I also see value in carbs, fibers and non saturated fats. Moderation is the key to everything. Only eating meat doesn't provide enough energy for working out and it beats the shit out of your digestive and cardiovascular system.

Hmmm interesting but I disagree I rarely see a guy as lean as me and I work in a factory with over 500 people.

I've been on the diet for a little over a year and I was in shape before but not even close to nowdays. I'm have almost no fat.
L
Well humans, and all the other omnivores..

I try to eat seasonally for the most part. More fruit/veggies and some meat during the summer months. More meat and less carbs in the winter months since that's the natural cycle in my neck of the woods. It's been an interesting experiment.

That physic comes from BJJ and judo. Lots of guys have your physic .

"no lifting"

"Judo"

LOL
That physic comes from BJJ and judo. Lots of guys have your physic .

Don't get me wrong OP, I understand you're not doing "traditional weight lifting" but picking up dudes and tossing them around is lifting heavy things.

On the carnivore diet...... I would recommend against it unless someone had a history of substantial digestive inflammation that improved when cutting plants out of the diet.

You're young now, but a complete lack of fiber in the diet will end up contributing to colon problems over time.

Back