My recent dealings with MMA.TV

BrodyH

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else here has bought anything from these guys, but I thought I'd share my recent experience dealing with them with you guys.

Back in about mid Febuary I saw that they were having a special on Bas's Big Books of Combat. Both volumes, the 6 audio CDs, a Chuck Lidell and a Tito Ortiz DVD, and free shipping for $80. Cool, I love Bas, where's my credit card.

My order arrived in only 4 days. Sweet. Looked through the books. Good stuff. Popped the CDs in. Not so good. They sounded really "staticky," the ones that did play. Some didn't play at all. I'm not too upset at this point. These things happen sometime. I e-mail MMA.TV and tell them about the problem. Kirik Jenness e-mails me that day telling me he's very sorry, he'll send out replacements, and asks for my address. Sweet. Two weeks later I'm still waiting so I e-mail them again to see what the deal is. Kirik e-mails me back (right away again) and tells me that there was a problem with the last batch of the CDs and they had to wait for new ones. He tells me that they are now on the way. Well...two and a half weeks later still no cds. I e-mail again. Kirik replays telling me that I'm the second person to contact him about this that week, and appologizes. He tells me that he's going to ship out my CDs personally, along with the Tito Ortiz DVD set to make up for my poor customer service. Well, I'd just settle for the CDs, but okay.

Well, everything arrived yesterday, after about a week. I got my 6 audio CDs (they play perfectly) a disk containing all 6 CDs in MP3 format, and the Tito Ortiz DVD instructional dvd set. I wound up getting a DVD set they're selling for $99 for free, when I only placed an $80 order. I think this goes WAY beyond what he needed to do to make up for my fairly minor inconvenience.

Overall, I would say I had a good buying experience with this company, and am VERY happy with the way they communicated with me promptly and went to such legths to make up for their service issues.

Sounds cool, I just wish they'd change their forum layout.

I've never even considered becoming an active member over there because of that fact... their forums blow.

Are you somewhat able to navigate the forum if you get a premium membership? Their layout is the drizzling shits.

I know Kirik personally and there is a brand new MMA.tv site in the works, and he is a great guy all around. he has a passion for the sport, hes not just around to make a buck.

How the hell could that site have so many members yet have the shittiest forum layout ever? Was the forum created in the mid 90's?

Soid said:
How the hell could that site have so many members yet have the shittiest forum layout ever? Was the forum created in the mid 90's?

I've always figured it was a homebrew forum solution before open source software became so ubiquitous and they never switched over to something more sensible... perhaps it was a bandwidth issue.

There were better forums on Compuserve in 1995 than MMA.tv

I lurk there like once every 2-3 months just to check out my local scene. But I do hate it there. The atmosphere is worse than HW these days if you guys can believe that

the ug makes me want to knife myself.

Back