Opinion My Thoughts On Biden's Recent Leadership

What do you think of his relatively clear dementia? The pressures of the presidency (particularly the past few months) can't be helping that either.

Bush is the fuckup that deserves all the blame. Surgical airstrikes on terrorist training bases, plus pressuring those in power to flush out OBL would have been enough. We had the world's sympathy behind us and could have used it to lead. Instead all the goodwill was squandered with overly aggressive actions. Then dipshit Obama followed suit and eventually it was one big mistake compounded. Not sure if quagmire or morass is the right term. Might have to look 'em up.

As someone who thought Trump was the worst president in history and someone who makes a conscious effort to not let tribal "feelings" supersede my better judgment, I thought I'd briefly give my thoughts on Biden's performance as a standard to reference. The sky is falling for many, so let's have a look.

On Afghanistan -
Time after time, there appear to be no-brainer decisions that Biden and his administration overlooked. Did he/they intentionally make bad decisions? You would think so given how many times Republicans and some Democrats have called the withdrawal a disgrace. But there were so many unknowns regarding how one action would lead to a flurry of terrible consequences. In this regard, I think there's some observational bias going on. It was by no means a "success", but it probably could have gone much worse.

Still, there were obvious oversights. How could you leave so much machinery? They knew in advance they would be leaving. Could they not have relocated? Sold? Destroyed?

How about leaving troops in place until we are confident, to our best knowledge, everyone is out?

And the list goes on.

On Delta -

This is a bigger issue in my opinion because there are certainly unknowns, but not nearly as many. In fact, we are always able to peek around the corner because we are behind the Eastern world in terms of conditions. Given that, Biden and his admin dropped the ball months ago when they failed to see that what was happening in India would ultimately afflict the States.

Keeping that trend going, where is Biden right now? Regeneron, boosters, rapid testing <= are all powerful tools in reducing the burden here but the Biden admin is not deploying them.

Overall, I give Biden a pretty bad mark when he's under pressure or when he has to deal with surprises. He did decently prior to the pressure. And for comparison's sake, Trump did similarly poorly under the same conditions.

But India turned their May COVID-19 surge around and it's a mystery, since the country is only like 10% fully vaccinated as of right now. Try and find any articles about the recovery after the May surge and you'll see it's slim pickings...almost like the media doesn't want to talk about it for some reason.

I'd post a graph but can't even find any on Google that go past the May surge. Check the numbers and you'll see that India spiked up and then dropped back down quickly.

Why won't the media discuss this honestly?

The guy has no ability it would seem, to think for himself or at least not put his foot in his mouth when given the opportunity to ad lib or express his actual thoughts and ideas... And he can barely read...

We clearly have a guy whose completely controlled, a puppet incapable of or not being allowed to execute the role we supposedly chose him for. That alone is enough to say he's terrible isn't it? His job has always been to play the part, not to actually be...

The guy has no ability it would seem, to think for himself or at least not put his foot in his mouth when given the opportunity to ad lib or express his actual thoughts and ideas... And he can barely read...

We clearly have a guy whose completely controlled, a puppet incapable of or not being allowed to execute the role we supposedly chose him for. That alone is enough to say he's terrible isn't it? His job has always been to play the part, not to actually be...

You could pretty much say all the same things about Trump.

One could, but this isn't a thread about him. Also, he always ad libbed, he has an incredible ability to think on his feet for extended periods for better or worse. He seemed to be the opposite in that respect, he would do all his own thinking while this goof isn't allowed to do any thinking were it even possible... He could also read... And wasn't controlled, partly because he had his own money and because his job didn't depend on being "in" with the old guard...

Let's hear your thoughts on the op or the topic of the thread...

One could, but this isn't a thread about him. Also, he always ad libbed, he has an incredible ability to think on his feet for extended periods for better or worse. He seemed to be the opposite in that respect, he would do all his own thinking while this goof isn't allowed to do any thinking were it even possible... He could also read... And wasn't controlled, partly because he had his own money and because his job didn't depend on being "in" with the old guard...

Let's hear your thoughts on the op or the topic of the thread...

If i am going to be honest with you, in my own humble opinion, without being sentimental of course, without offending anyone who thinks differently from my own point of view, but by also looking into this matter from distinctive perspective. I would like to say i have nothing to say.

If i am going to be honest with you, in my own humble opinion, without being sentimental of course, without offending anyone who thinks differently from my own point of view, but by also looking into this matter from distinctive perspective. I would like to say i have nothing to say.
Reported

You could, but then you'd be making contradictory complaints about the same guy. We all know the real complaint is that he put and "R" next to his name, but we had 4 years of simultaneously complaining that he's a dictator who's taken over the republican party, and that he's incompetent and a puppet who can't get anything done.

You could, but then you'd be making contradictory complaints about the same guy. We all know the real complaint is that he put and "R" next to his name, but we had 4 years of simultaneously complaining that he's a dictator who's taken over the republican party, and that he's incompetent and a puppet who can't get anything done.

I'm not American so my opinion on either guy is not very strong or passionate. I just thought it was funny how that one guys description of Biden seemed also to describe Trump.

I'm not seeing "Leadership". What is the path that he plans to take this country on and how is he implementing that plan to get there? He plans to "boost the middle class" but we're actively paying people to sit home and become dependent on handouts? He planned on renewing infrastructure but didn't mention a tax increase. I guess we'll simply increase the US debt?

Biden has to deal with COVID. An unenviable task. He's pushed for vaccination like most elected leaders have, insulted and demonized the unvaccinated, yet allows a porous border with the unvaccinated illegally entering the country.

I've seen little of note from Biden besides CDC talking points and the flip flop on China. From "They're eating our lunch? C'mon man!" in 2019 to "If we don't do something they're going to eat our lunch!" in 2021. Okay, now that you agree with former President Trump what is the plan to deal with China?

People found Trump to be egotistic and insulting. He often was. But, he had ideas and went in a direction that was clear. That's leadership.

I'm not a ghoul that wants Biden and his Admin to be a failure just to prove that I was right in considering him a useless career politician. Quite the opposite, I want him, his admin, and Congress to be the best ever and see the cycle repeated with the next President.

One of the points often brought up about the Democrat party over the last 5, 6 years is that they have a large say on what the press reprots. Democrats more or less give guidance to the liberal press on to report stories. As a result many in the Democrat party don't need, and haven't needed to answer tough questions on their actions.

As Biden of late has done, he has been directing the press to discuss other topics, preferably topics about their number on enemy, Trump.

So I think under typical circumstances in the recent past someone like Biden wouldn't be president. During the election the press would have had him answering tough questions. Most likely the voting public would have come to dislike Biden and not vote for him.

Now we have Biden in office, who by appearances suffers from typical elderly conditions, who instead of competent leadership, does what he can to direct the press to discuss other topics that are more favorable to him and the Democrat party.

love these narcissistic threads.
hey everyone, you MUST know my opinion on things.
i am smart and i must be heard.

I think in 50yrs history will judge us differently. Orange man not so bad and sleepy Joe was pretty much asleep. Should be a good history lesson in the future.

Back