Name Pro Wrestler(s) who had a higher ceiling

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Name Pro Wrestler(s) who you believe had a higher ceiling and were better than advertised. I will start out with two of my personal favorites, Shelton Benjamin and Marc Mero.

Benjamin was gifted and quick as a cat. Capable as a tag teamer and also capable in singles competition.
tenor.gif

628275_1.jpg

eiko-koike-arrested-1033684372.jpg
19a.-TWGTT-Haas-%26-Benjamin-Postmatch-crop%2C-RLA-Melb-10.11.2007.jpg

Mero incorporating the top rope maneuvers into his move-set will be missed. Also liked the lively personality he offered
marc-mero-07.jpg

Last edited:
Owen should’ve had a run with the strap in 94. He could’ve been the one to cheat it off Bret and drop it to Diesel

Yeah I can see that, that would have been good. Or he could have beat HBK for it after the screw job and then dropped it back to HBK at the Rumble. Owen was white hot after the screw job and the wwf failed to capitalize off it.

He had a similar attitude like Stone Cold and was winning the people over like DDP.

Benjamin was good in the ring but lacked charisma. Same with malenko. Which is what these convos typically turn into. People will pick someone who had great charisma but was below average in ring (bray Wyatt, mr Kennedy) or the opposite great in wrong but below average charisma (malenko, Benjamin)

I think Jeff Hardy as a singles wrestler could have done a lot more if he didn’t have so many personal issues. Rvd if he was given more mic time and opportunity. As others have mentioned owen hart could have easily had a run multiple years. Maybe razor Ramon

Cesaro

WWE Nakamura

WCW Bret Hart

WWE Mickey James

WWE Daniel Bryan

WWE Samoa Joe

WWE Sting

Yeah kinda ridiculous he never had the belt.

What belt?
Cause if youre talking about the NWA/WCW belt then you couldnt be more wrong
He was never the top guy that people pretend he was now, he was great in the position he was in, but no, Arn Anderson was never world title material and its ridiculous that hes been retconned into this huge figure in pro wrestling history, he was never that guy

Last edited:
WWE really fucked over DDP. They didn't capitalize on him at all and he had all in the in ring talent necessary and plenty of charisma. He just never seemed the same to me after he cut his hair. Still one of my all time favorites though.

Benjamin was good in the ring but lacked charisma. Same with malenko. Which is what these convos typically turn into. People will pick someone who had great charisma but was below average in ring (bray Wyatt, mr Kennedy) or the opposite great in wrong but below average charisma (malenko, Benjamin)

I see what you're getting at...but if we're sticking to the topic there's nothing wrong with naming guys like that. Plenty of guys could have been so much more than what they were given without pretending they should be world champions. Benjamin's that kinda guy in my opinion. You could have got much more value out of him than a few tag title runs that never meant anything. Competent booking could have made him the Arn Anderson of The Hurt Business. That would have been better for everyone involved including us watching the show than the half assed way they dropped one of the few good things they had going recently.

Back