Crime Naming the Capitol Cop Who Killed Unarmed Jan. 6 Rioter Ashli Babbitt

I don't recall you singing that tune when BLM / ANTIFA was murdering people and destroying both private and government property to the tune of billions.

Not too many of them did.

Holy fuck did she need a friend to talk her down from the ledge.

She was married, did her husband not know how deep she was?
Pretty sad. She was brainwashed by right wing hate media.
Her husband is probably relieved. I imagine his response to hearing she was shot and killed was something like oh thank the lord or there is a god.

Not too many of them did.

Maybe you can list these BLM/Antifa murders.

And remember you're talking about crimes that happened inside of 9,000 separate protests. UK reporting has pointed out that most crimes being blamed on Antifa or BLM are crimes that just happened to be near an incident. One conservative whose death was blamed on BLM was shot by law enforcement after striking a security guard.

So if you're going to claim Antifa and BLM have a body count, I'd be interested in hearing how big that count is and some proof it actually exists, because conservatives aren't shy about making things up. Things that have consequences and hurt people. Tom Pool, Stephen Crowder, Ben Shapiro, and of course Fox news straight up make things up and as conservatives notoriously lack critical thinking, it's all believed. Project Veritas has made demonstrably false claims that have done real damage to communities but a lot of you still take them seriously.

Pretty sad. She was brainwashed by right wing hate media.
Her husband is probably relieved. I imagine his response to hearing she was shot and killed was something like oh thank the lord or there is a god.

When I heard she was shot I scoured the net for videos and found things she posted on YouTube. Watching them was a serious mistake because now she isn't just a statistic, she was a real person, and she wasn't always crazy. I saw videos of her talking about recipes in her kitchen and it broke my heart.

Yes, she went off the deep end but she was a human being and this didn't have to happen. When I get angry with Trump about January 6th it's her face I see. He killed her.

210826-capitol-hill-police-officer-nn-jm-1018.jpg

I just saw it, and it was "interesting". He said that it was his last resort, and he saved countless lives by shooting her. It's not helping that the media is already running with "if you disagree with his actions it's because he's black. Trumpers are the party of "back the blue" no matter what right?"

The dude executed her. He didn't warn her. She had police in full riot gear right next to her on the other side of the door. She had police in full riot gear on the other side of the door too. This guy just straight up murdered her. This is ridiculous. She was 5'2", 125lbs, no weapon, and he killed her.

Remember, he's the same fucking idiot that left his fully loaded Glock in a restroom. They are calling this dick a "hero". He sucks as a human being.

The dude executed her. He didn't warn her. She had police in full riot gear right next to her on the other side of the door. She had police in full riot gear on the other side of the door too. This guy just straight up murdered her. This is ridiculous. She was 5'2", 125lbs, no weapon, and he killed her.

Remember, he's the same fucking idiot that left his fully loaded Glock in a restroom. They are calling this dick a "hero". He sucks as a human being.

I meant to right she had police in full riot gear right next to her and also on the same side as the door as the murderer. I can't edit thanks to by dubs. That's a weird feature to disable.

I meant to right she had police in full riot gear right next to her and also on the same side as the door as the murderer. I can't edit thanks to by dubs. That's a weird feature to disable.

lol *write

Can anyone tell I type well over 100 wpm?

It just looks like you are shitting your pants with rage even though none of the facts in regards to this situation have changed.

You never provide much on topic content... just trolling.

Fact: The officer straight up shot, without warning, an unarmed 5'2", 125 lb woman with police standing right next to her in full riot gear that didn't see the need.

Maybe you can list these BLM/Antifa murders.

And remember you're talking about crimes that happened inside of 9,000 separate protests. UK reporting has pointed out that most crimes being blamed on Antifa or BLM are crimes that just happened to be near an incident. One conservative whose death was blamed on BLM was shot by law enforcement after striking a security guard.

So if you're going to claim Antifa and BLM have a body count, I'd be interested in hearing how big that count is and some proof it actually exists, because conservatives aren't shy about making things up. Things that have consequences and hurt people. Tom Pool, Stephen Crowder, Ben Shapiro, and of course Fox news straight up make things up and as conservatives notoriously lack critical thinking, it's all believed. Project Veritas has made demonstrably false claims that have done real damage to communities but a lot of you still take them seriously.

You love to accuse people of defending racist hate groups. The irony is staggering when you turn around and defend BLM.

Willingly revealing your identity to tens of millions of delusional right-wing loonies (many whom are deeply racist) when there is no practical reason to and you committed no wrongdoing, is a thought-process that's simply beyond my scope of comprehension.

Let's face it, his only "crime" is actually heeding the service oath, something that a lot of his colleagues probably can't honestly admit to on that fateful day. Anyhow, I hope the man and his family are protected.

You love to accuse people of defending racist hate groups. The irony is staggering when you turn around and defend BLM.

When people ask me for proof, I give it to them. In great detail.

I ask you for proof, you give me platitudes, because you don't actually need proof to believe things that support your party.

I defend BLM because they aren't an enemy, and I never lie when doing it.

If you don't have proof many you should post less and read more. When you can't prove a claim it feels like you're making it because you WANT it to be true.

You never provide much on topic content... just trolling.

Fact: The officer straight up shot, without warning, an unarmed 5'2", 125 lb woman with police standing right next to her in full riot gear that didn't see the need.
There really is no point in providing "on topic" content with you on this subject because there is literally nothing that will change your mind. I believe at one point you even refused to believe that she was climbing through the broken window when she was shot even though it was clearly what happened in the video.

She was also warned by people in the room:

About 20 seconds after the officers stepped aside, a loud scream is heard on the footage. One man shouted three times that an officer on the other side of the door had a gun. An officer with a gun can be seen at the edge of the video’s frame. The warning was repeated by another man, but other rioters continued trying to smash through the doorway.

Around this time, the departing officers were met by colleagues wearing helmets and armed with rifles, who had arrived from a stairwell behind Babbitt and the rioters, according to other video posted to social media. These officers began evacuating the officers who had guarded the door down the stairs.

With help from someone who hoisted her up, Babbitt began to step through a portion of the door where the glass had been broken out. An officer on the other side, who was wearing a suit and a surgical mask, immediately shot Babbitt in the neck. She fell to the floor.

I'm sure you will dismiss this because of the source, but it appears to be a pretty accurate retelling of the events. You should probably read the entire article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

There really is no point in providing "on topic" content with you on this subject because there is literally nothing that will change your mind. I believe at one point you even refused to believe that she was climbing through the broken window when she was shot even though it was clearly what happened in the video.

She was also warned by people in the room:

About 20 seconds after the officers stepped aside, a loud scream is heard on the footage. One man shouted three times that an officer on the other side of the door had a gun. An officer with a gun can be seen at the edge of the video’s frame. The warning was repeated by another man, but other rioters continued trying to smash through the doorway.

Around this time, the departing officers were met by colleagues wearing helmets and armed with rifles, who had arrived from a stairwell behind Babbitt and the rioters, according to other video posted to social media. These officers began evacuating the officers who had guarded the door down the stairs.

With help from someone who hoisted her up, Babbitt began to step through a portion of the door where the glass had been broken out. An officer on the other side, who was wearing a suit and a surgical mask, immediately shot Babbitt in the neck. She fell to the floor.

I'm sure you will dismiss this because of the source, but it appears to be a pretty accurate retelling of the events. You should probably read the entire article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

Damn. This is the best content post I have seen from you. I knew you were more than capable. If I had a "like" to give, I would.

That breakdown is good. I still don't see shooting a small unarmed woman. She's almost exactly the size of my wife. Babbit is petite and pretty harmless. Let's just say she climbed through the window. All the men on the other side could have easily snatched her up, cuffed her, and dragged her away. There was no imminent danger to shoot her with no warning. This officer sucks at his job. He panicked and murdered her.

That answer isn't necessary.

Police are permitted to shoot a suspect in the back if it prevents him from escaping, there are entirely different standards.

Maybe @nhbbear can confirm.

So, this is complicated, rather it is a detailed answer. Two cases to consider. First, Graham v Connor and second, Tennessee v Garner.

In Graham v Connor, there are many factors to consider including armed vs unarmed, type of crime, suspect fighting or fleeing, size of officer and subject, number of officers and suspects, gender of officer/offender, and a few other factors. This is also where the reasonableness factor comes in, as in what would a reasonable officer do if faced with the same knowledge the officer on scene had and without using 20/20 hindsight.

The tn v Garner case involved an officer shooting an unarmed black teen in the back as he fled after breaking into an abandoned house. At that time, it was legal to shoot a fleeing felon in the back. After this case, an officer can only shoot someone in the back if they are an immediate threat to the officer or the community. This means that the use of force, which is a seizure under the fourth amendment, must be weighed against the suspect’s 4th amendment rights.

To sum up, those two cases mean that there basically has to be a reasonable belief that the suspect is an immediate threat and that the use of force be reasonable

I find it interesting that some of the posters who normally argue that cops are justified in one shooting are now arguing that this was murder and other posters who normally condemn cops’ actions are defending this guy.

Is it because of politics? Is it because of race? Seriously.

That breakdown is good. I still don't see shooting a small unarmed woman. She's almost exactly the size of my wife. Babbit is petite and pretty harmless. Let's just say she climbed through the window. All the men on the other side could have easily snatched her up, cuffed her, and dragged her away. There was no imminent danger to shoot her with no warning. This officer sucks at his job. He panicked and murdered her.
I believe that at some point it was decided that the doorway in question was a line that could not be crossed. The size and gender of the person crossing the line wouldn't matter, anyone who went through that doorway was getting shot.

I think that line should have been the entrances to the building, but I think everyone can agree that the police were completely unprepared for what happened. However, they eventually had to determine a boundary that they couldn't give up. It's unfortunate that she died, but if they tried to grab her instead then they would basically be inviting others to cross the line. They shot her instead and everyone instantly knew that they weren't fucking around anymore so nobody else tried to go through.

oh.... so was it alright to release these names?
  • Officer Darren Wilson
  • Officer Derek Chauvin
  • Officer Nicholas Reardon
They were all immediately identified and demonized, while key facts were withheld. That is not the case here. Why is that? Double Standard.

Why can't we see the video of the shooting in this instance?

You're welcome.
Does it hurt to be this stupid?

And the facist rightwing gaslighting campaign continues. Guys, we recognize what you're doing; it failing miserably.

Back