Crime Naming the Capitol Cop Who Killed Unarmed Jan. 6 Rioter Ashli Babbitt

lmao imagine getting shot in the neck for Trump? Just a tremendous all time self own
imagine being up in heaven (or hell ) (if either exist)

and they are like :

"so what are you in for?"

"UM I BELIEVED COMPLETE NONSENSE TOLD TO ME ON TWITTER AND THEN FLEW 1,000 MILES TO DIE TRYING TO OVERTGROW THE GOVT BECAUSE I WAS STUPID"

(dude who broke his neck trying to give himself oral) :

"What an idiot"

<Grimes01>

Totally expected with the democrats controlled congress.

You're right, January 6th was white Republicans trying to forcibly stop the certification of a lawful election.
LOL, yeah its not like the Jan 6th protesters took over a swath of a major city and posted armed terrorists at the barricades. They didn't even burn any buildings.

If you're a cop out there doing the right thing, you'll have my support 100%. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you're breaking the law, you face the full brunt of the law.

OIP.PyaqoagSu8hIytskqH_kFgHaJd

Naw. I believe in minimizing death and injury whenever possible. I think, and have always thought, that the shooting was probably justified given the circumstances surrounding it, and very likely stopped what would have become an unstoppable wave of people following her through that breach.

But I do have a serious problem with people throwing the hypocrisy of others in their face by simply doing the exact same hypocritical dance in reverse.

If you're consistent, I'm good with it. The comment didn't sound like it was coming from someone who generally subscribes to that philosophy. I'm sorry for the misinterpretation. But I think you deserve some of the blame. You did word it in a way that made it seem like you were going for a bit of verbal irony.

Normally the troll face would make me think the same about this comment. But I've been set straight, so I won't make that mistake again with you.

Perhaps instead of joking about it and joining in on shitting on the cops that protected the capitol you should have listened to what they had to say when they described all the weapons they were beaten with in detail.

Pfft. Sticks? GTFO

LOL, yeah its not like the Jan 6th protesters took over a swath of a major city and posted armed terrorists at the barricades. They didn't even burn any buildings.

Must really suck for you when black people don't know their place.

As someone who generally leans right of center, which obviously makes me a racist, bigot, Nazi, transphobe Sherfronter to half the War Room - I have issues with both sides here.

To the people calling it an "insurrection" - get real. Spew your laughably dishonest propaganda all you want, nobody with an actual brain believes your nonsense. In a country with an estimated 400 million guns, an "insurrection" of thousands had exactly ONE gun recovered. Imagine thinking that a bunch of people without guns were going to "overthrow democracy" - pardon me while I, and others, laugh at how stupid you sound and how dumb you are for believing and parroting such fairy tales.

On the shooting of Ashli, sure it sucks she died, but idk what people expect. Was she unarmed? Yes she was, did the cops know that? Without searching her it would be impossible to know. If I remember correctly she had a backpack on, she could have had a gun, bomb, or other weapon on her.

I'm not sure why the armed cops on the stairs right behind her didn't deal with her, and didn't see her as the same threat as the officer who shot her, but I have some difficulty understanding why people who lean right have an issue with her death.

The cop should be named, just like all the other cops involved in high profile incidents usually are, either by their department, witnesses or media.

The double standards need to stop, and this applies to both sides.

The "insurrection" nonsense fairytales need to stop as well. There was exactly ONE shot fired during this supposed "insurrection" and it was by the cop who killed Ashli. Stop the dishonest pearl clutching and hand wringing- "But but but but, they were trying to overthrow Democracy!!!"

As if.

As someone who generally leans right of center, which obviously makes me a racist, bigot, Nazi, transphobe Sherfronter to half the War Room - I have issues with both sides here.

To the people calling it an "insurrection" - get real. Spew your laughably dishonest propaganda all you want, nobody with an actual brain believes your nonsense. In a country with an estimated 400 million guns, an "insurrection" of thousands had exactly ONE gun recovered. Imagine thinking that a bunch of people without guns were going to "overthrow democracy" - pardon me while I, and others, laugh at how stupid you sound and how dumb you are for believing and parroting such fairy tales.

On the shooting of Ashli, sure it sucks she died, but idk what people expect. Was she unarmed? Yes she was, did the cops know that? Without searching her it would be impossible to know. If I remember correctly she had a backpack on, she could have had a gun, bomb, or other weapon on her.

I'm not sure why the armed cops on the stairs right behind her didn't deal with her, and didn't see her as the same threat as the officer who shot her, but I have some difficulty understanding why people who lean right have an issue with her death.

The cop should be named, just like all the other cops involved in high profile incidents usually are, either by their department, witnesses or media.

The double standards need to stop, and this applies to both sides.

The "insurrection" nonsense fairytales need to stop as well. There was exactly ONE shot fired during this supposed "insurrection" and it was by the cop who killed Ashli. Stop the dishonest pearl clutching and hand wringing- "But but but but, they were trying to overthrow Democracy!!!"

As if.

Entering the Capital building to prevent the peaceful transfer of power is an insurrection. They were trying to invalidate the voice of 81 million Americans who voted in a valid election all because Donald was, and still continues to this day, spreading lies. They're Communist scum.

Entering the Capital building to prevent the peaceful transfer of power is an insurrection. They were trying to invalidate the voice of 81 million Americans who voted in a valid election all because Donald was, and still continues to this day, spreading lies. They're Communist scum.
<Dany07>

Naw. I believe in minimizing death and injury whenever possible. I think, and have always thought, that the shooting was probably justified given the circumstances surrounding it, and very likely stopped what would have become an unstoppable wave of people following her through that breach.

But I do have a serious problem with people throwing the hypocrisy of others in their face by simply doing the exact same hypocritical dance in reverse.

If you're consistent, I'm good with it. The comment didn't sound like it was coming from someone who generally subscribes to that philosophy. I'm sorry for the misinterpretation. But I think you deserve some of the blame. You did word it in a way that made it seem like you were going for a bit of verbal irony.

Normally the troll face would make me think the same about this comment. But I've been set straight, so I won't make that mistake again with you.

Sorry to disappoint. I really am. But I'm not everyone's cup of tea. I've been posting a long time and I've said time and time again (especially during the riots of last summer) "If you're peacefully protesting, I don't have a problem, it's your right. When you start breaking windows and the law, you face the law."

When Mrs. Babbitt was climbing through that window into a drawn gun, she knew either one of two things were going to happen.

A: The cop wouldn't shoot

B: The cop would shoot

We now have people trying to praise her as some hero or trying to have the cop doxed. It makes me wonder what would happen to that cop in a nation that has enough firearms to arm nearly every adult on the planet...

If the worse were to happen, people would say "Whelp, that's the job he signed up for."

What did Ms. Babbitt sign up for when she advanced on a drawn weapon wielded by a peace officer?

Am I sad she's dead? Absolutely. I wish that there had been enough security allowed so her death probably wouldn't've happened. But that wasn't allowed by the W.H.

Plenty of hypocrisy to go around and I'm not trying to spread it. I'm not trying to suffer fools either.

Last edited:
https://www.realclearinvestigations...killed_jan_6_rioter_ashli_babbitt_779601.html

546867_5_.png

Most police departments — including Washington, D.C.’s Metropolitan Police — are required to release an officer’s name within days of a fatal shooting. Not the U.S. Capitol Police, which is controlled by Congress and answers only to Congress. It can keep the public in the dark about the identity and investigation of an officer involved in a shooting indefinitely.

Which is what happened with the Jan. 6 shooting of Ashli Babbitt, an unarmed protester in the U.S. Capitol riot who was fatally wounded by a plainclothes police lieutenant as she attempted to breach a set of doors inside the building.

In a little-noticed exchange, Byrd was cited by the acting House sergeant at arms during a brief discussion of the officer who shot Babbitt at a Feb. 25 House hearing. Both C-SPAN and CNN removed his name from transcripts, but CQ Transcripts — which, according to its website, provides “the complete word from Capitol Hill; exactly as it was spoken” — recorded the Capitol official, Timothy Blodgett, referring to the cop as “Officer Byrd.” His name is clearly audible in the videotape of the hearing (see video embed further below).

Following the shooting, Byrd’s Internet footprint was scrubbed, including his social media and personal photos.

=================================================================

It was what I said it would be. The Leftists / Establishment withheld the name and refused to be transparent, because reality was the wrong narrative. It doesn't match the propaganda the MSM and Big Tech constantly push for the Democratic Party's benefit.

Byrd is the same idiot that left his loaded weapon in a bathroom.

https://www.rollcall.com/2019/02/27/capitol-police-weapon-left-unattended-in-capitol-bathroom-again/

The justification they gave for the shooting was terrible.

Capitol Police defended Byrd in a statement, saying “the lieutenant did not know if protesters were armed” and that he “believed his life was in danger.”

You don't get to "believe you are in danger" and kill someone as a officer of the law. You have to know you are in danger. You have to see a weapon or other indications that life is being threatened directly by the target. That was 100% not the case.

I don't give a rip about the man's color. Clearly that is not the case with the Leftists and those in power. The narrative was not what they wanted. He had no business shooting his gun and murdering that woman. She is no different that George Floyd except she was not on drugs, did not resist arrest (never given the change), and she was summarily executed.

Police don't get to shoot unarmed people and walk.... unless you are shooting the people that disagree with the Establishment and the Left. Otherwise, we could have seen hundreds of ANTIFA / BLM members gunned down throughout the U.S.A.

Double standard is again in play when it comes to the Left / Establishment.

Your choice of words shows a lack of objectivity on your part.
Your own take on this is a slanted as the media is typically criticized for.

For example, you characterize this as murder.
Which is not accurate.

The definition of murder is:
mur·der
/ˈmərdər/
noun
  • 1.the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another:

You then use the term "summarily executed".

However, A summary execution is an execution in which a person is accused of a crime and immediately killed without the benefit of a full and fair trial.
The term generally refers to capture, accusation, and execution all conducted within a very short period of time, and without any trial.

Individuals often lament the fact that the media as a whole does not report events in an objective and neutral way. I agree with this view.
It stands of to me that many individuals on various forums are just as bad as the media when it comes to a lack of objectivity in their own posts.

Your way of attempting to slant the story in an attempt to fish for "likes" by inaccurately using the terms I pointed out above is an example of that.

You also made sure to include plenty of keywords randomly scattered throughout your post, such as:

ANTIFA/BLM
Leftists Establishment
BIG TECH
MSM
Narrative
Propaganda

** Make sure you name all the boogie men. You'll get more likes from those that only scan for those keywords..

When in doubt, mention "narrative" again.

She was a poor white and therefore undeserving of justice.

Is it only a "valid election" when your team wins?

Back