Crime NARF's Insurrection megathread (598 arrested so far. At least 24 in August 2021)

I agree in part. But there is a big difference. Those people most likely aren't using their their clout as a public figure to downplay the severity of those illnesses before falling ill with them. Makes it a lot harder to feel bad this particular person.

Imagine if a smoker actively encouraged people to smoke, protest against smokefree areas, AND claim lung cancer wasn't real?

ITT people butthurt because it's more than just a flu

You seem to be projecting. What makes you think I'm laughing?

More projection.

Thank you. This guy gets it.

I'm just spreading awareness. Admit liberals, democrats, left wingers are right and get your shot.

Since you're trying to spread awareness, are you going to fix that fake news headline of yours?

I think they're being referred to as rioters now. Though "Overenthusiastic Capitol Building Tourists" is probably a better description.

Hey, can you please let me know when someone you love is on their death bed?

Maybe if someone you care about gets cancer because of smoking. Or maybe if they have a heart attack because of poor diet choices, that'd be fantastic. I'd like to laugh at your family's illnesses since that seems to be the cool thing to do in CurrentYear.
Government tried very hard to save his life. Not only did he do this to himself, he encouraged others to accept his fate, and put burden on Healthcare insurance

Government tried very hard to save his life. Not only did he do this to himself, he encouraged others to accept his fate, and put burden on Healthcare insurance
I am sure the govt has tried to save the kids who have taken thalidomide as well though.

Let's think about the positive outcome here.

MSM will use his antivaxx example like the TS did to entice more people to get vaxxed

Since you're trying to spread awareness, are you going to fix that fake news headline of yours?

I think they're being referred to as rioters now. Though "Overenthusiastic Capitol Building Tourists" is probably a better description.

what kind of vacations are you taking where you beat cops with weapons and then shit in your own hand and smear it on the walls?

You seem to be projecting. What makes you think I'm laughing?
Definitely not projecting.

I think threads got merged? What I responded to looks very different then what this thread is now.

There were only two comments, both comments had "lol at" phrases in them. That was the reason for my response.

what kind of vacations are you taking where you beat cops with weapons and then shit in your own hand and smear it on the walls?

I think a better question is, what do you dumbshits think an insurrection looks like?
:)
'Cos if feces of cop-beating is all it is, you had a lot of lefty insurrectionists running around last year.

Meanwhile........

Capitol riot lawyer and previous attorney for Kyle Rittenhouse who said he would never get vaccine now has Covid and is on ventilator
Lawyer John Pierce, who is representing more than a dozen 6 January rioters, is reportedly on a ventilator in hospital with Covid-19 after saying that he would never get vaccinated.

Mr Pierce represents 18 accused 6 January rioters.
He was previously the attorney for Kyle Rittenhouse before he withdrew from the case.

On 17 August, Mr Pierce tweeted: “The entire 82nd Airborne couldn’t make me get an experimental government vaccine stuck in my arm.”

On 4 July, he wrote on the platform that an army vaccine mandate was “a final-phase designed-purge of Patriotic Americans from the Army. Prepare for anything and everything at this point. This goes deeper than anything I thought even a few months ago. No one should be taking any of these vaccines, least of all the military”.

On 23 March, he tweeted: “I personally think anyone who trusts the government to shoot some vague, unknown 'vaccine' in their arm for a virus with origin of a CCP biological weapons lab is taking a very big risk.”

Mr Pierce didn’t appear at a hearing for Capitol riot suspect Shane Jenkins on Wednesday, instead sending a lawyer from his firm who is not barred in Washington, DC.

cc4ea71d384210d0516040137de01a0e

https://news.yahoo.com/capitol-riot-lawyer-said-never-195917107.html

I think a better question is, what do you dumbshits think an insurrection looks like?
:)
'Cos if feces of cop-beating is all it is, you had a lot of lefty insurrectionists running around last year.

nice duck “but but but ummm, a better questions is…” lol.

I’ve always called for 6th what it was, sedition. Conspiring to use force to delay the execution of a federal law , the law being the certification of the election.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-25-at-10.08.12-AM.png

I bet he's begging the doctors for the vaccine right around now. All day today. But that's like asking for a seat belt after wrecking your car.

Anti-Vaccination Lawyer for Capitol Rioters Now on Ventilator With COVID-19

john-pierce-feat.jpg

John Pierce, an anti-vaccination advocate and lawyer representing people arrested for allegedly participating in the January 6 Capitol riots, has contracted COVID-19 and is reportedly on a ventilator.

When Pierce failed to appear at a Wednesday court hearing for Capitol riot suspect Shane Jenkins, his colleague Ryan Marshall told the judge, "Mr. Pierce is in the hospital, we believe, with COVID-19, on a ventilator, non-responsive," The Independent reported.

Pierce has publicly made comments against the COVID-19 vaccine and mask mandates.

And on July 28, he tweeted, "This whole thing is just beyond ridiculous at this point. Take your mask off and live your life. We are Americans. I can't even believe this has to be said. If you want to do something about COVID, tell your Congressman to man up and declare war on the [Chinese Community Party]."

He is representing at least 17 clients who are suspected of participating in the January 6 Capitol riots. In a January 9 tweet, Pierce referred to riot arrestees as "patriotic Americans being wrongfully detained."

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-vaccination-lawyer-capitol-rioters-now-ventilator-covid-19-1623155

What a douche. I respect him though in so far as he isn’t one of these hypocritical douches spreading antivaccine propaganda while having got the vaccine himself. I hope he comes out of this and admits he was wrong

Right wingers wish to move on from the greatest attack on US democracy in the country's history.

You know which right wingers cant move on?

Insurrectionists getting arrested to this day.

Imagine fearing arrest every single day seven months later? Not a day goes by where they don't ponder how much they fucked up. Only to then find out.

Detailed list of suspects here: https://seditiontracker.com/suspects/

To help your country add to the list go here: https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/capitol-violence

Jury finds first US Capitol riot defendant to go on trial guilty on all counts

CNN — A jury in Washington, DC, on Tuesday found January 6 rioter Guy Reffitt guilty of all five charges he faced related to the US Capitol attack, in the pivotal outcome of the first federal trial related to the riot.

Reffitt, a Texas Three Percenter and supporter of then-President Donald Trump when he went to the Capitol on January 6, was charged with five counts – wanting to obstruct the congressional certification of the 2020 presidential election, transporting guns into DC, carrying a Smith & Wesson handgun onto the restricted grounds of the Capitol, interfering with Capitol Police protecting the Upper West Terrace and obstructing justice by threatening his son and daughter when he returned to Texas.

The jury of six men and six women in DC’s federal court deliberated for just under four hours Tuesday.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/08/politics/january-6-reffitt-verdict/index.html

First Jan. 6 Trial to Open, Allowing Prosecutors to Set Out Broad Case
The Justice Department will have its first opportunity in a courtroom to show how the violent chaos that erupted at the Capitol last year disrupted the peaceful transfer of power.

merlin_182053338_33436024-0b21-4272-a181-dafcdbd716a4-articleLarge.jpg

The case prosecutors lay out will most likely set the tone for dozens of Capitol riot cases that are scheduled to go to trial this year.Credit...Jason Andrew for The New York Times
By Alan Feuer

Published Feb. 27, 2022Updated Feb. 28, 2022, 12:17 a.m. ET

When the first trial stemming from the attack on the Capitol opens on Monday, it will set the stage for prosecutors to do more than merely lay out the details of how the defendant, Guy Wesley Reffitt, sought to storm the building with a pistol at his hip.

For the first time in a courtroom, they will present a broad portrait of the violent chaos that erupted that day and seek to persuade a jury that the pro-Trump mob that Mr. Reffitt is accused of joining struck at the heart of American democracy by disrupting the transition of presidential power.

The trial, which will take place in Federal District Court in Washington and begin on Monday morning with jury selection, may not be the flashiest or most significant of the dozens of Capitol riot cases that are scheduled to go to trial this year.

But because it is the first to reach a courtroom, it will most likely set the tone for those that follow and serve as a kind of proving ground for the charges prosecutors have filed against hundreds of defendants. (More than 200 people have already pleaded guilty in cases related to the Capitol attack.)

At the heart of Mr. Reffitt’s case is the accusation that the defendant, an oil industry worker with purported ties to a Texas militia, obstructed the work of Congress on Jan. 6, 2021, when a joint session of the House and the Senate met to certify the results of the 2020 election. Prosecutors say he donned body armor and a helmet mounted with a video camera, and placed himself at “the front of the pack” that charged the Capitol.

The obstruction charge — one of five counts lodged against him — has been used in lieu of other crimes like sedition or insurrection in scores of Capitol riot cases to describe the disruption that occurred when the mob forced lawmakers to flee.

Passed in 2002 as part of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, which sought to reduce corporate malfeasance, the obstruction provision was initially intended to prohibit activities like shredding documents or tampering with witnesses in congressional inquiries.

Several defense lawyers — among them Mr. Reffitt’s — tried to get the charge dismissed, arguing that prosecutors had stretched it far beyond its scope and were trying to criminalize behavior that too closely resembled ordinary protest protected by the First Amendment.

But 10 federal judges — including Dabney L. Friedrich, who is overseeing Mr. Reffitt’s case — disagreed and allowed the charge to be used. The Reffitt trial will be the first time a jury will get to decide whether the charge fits the crime, though in an unusual move, Judge Friedrich has said she will strike the count before It goes to the jury if the government fails to prove its case.

Beyond such technical matters, the trial will feature what amounts to a panoramic view of the violence at the Capitol.

Prosecutors have said, for example, that they intend to prove their claim that a “civil disorder” occurred that day by showing the jury “the progression of the riot” through a compilation of surveillance videos from both outside and inside the building. The jury is also expected to see portions of a 31-minute video that Mr. Reffitt recorded during the riot as well as a clip of Vice President Mike Pence hurrying down a staircase after attackers breached the building.

Three Capitol Police officers are set to testify about their firsthand attempts to stop Mr. Reffitt — and others — from breaking past security by firing pepper balls and spraying tear gas at the crowd. One of those officers, Shauni Kerkhoff, is scheduled to be the first witness at the trial, prosecutors have said.

Mr. Reffitt’s lawyer, William L. Welch III, has not said much about the defense he intends to mount, but his client has openly pushed back against accusations that he took part in anything untoward at the Capitol. In a letter obtained by ProPublica last spring, Mr. Reffitt wrote of the attack, “There was no insurrection, no conspiracy, no sinister plan and no reason to think otherwise.”

On Thursday, a message purportedly written by Mr. Reffitt was posted on the “J6 Patriot News” channel on Telegram, discussing the “beginning of the 1/6 Political Prisoner Trials.”

“I am prepared to stare down the barrel of tyranny to receive the bullet of freedom,” the message said.

The case is one of several that will feature evidence about the U.S. militia movement. Prosecutors say that Mr. Reffitt was a member of the Texas Three Percenters, one of several state chapters of a larger organization that focuses on gun rights and antigovernment activity.

While the Three Percenters may not be as prominent as other far-right groups like the Proud Boys or the Oath Keepers, several purported members of the movement have been charged in connection with the Capitol attack, including at least four from Southern California.

To prove Mr. Reffitt’s militia ties, prosecutors are set to call as a witness a fellow Three Percenter who plans to testify under an immunity deal with the government. They say the witness — known for now only by the initials R.H. — intends to tell the jury about the arrangements he made with Mr. Reffitt to travel to Washington and the firearms and tactical gear, including an assault rifle, that Mr. Reffitt brought on the trip.

Two members of Mr. Reffitt’s family — his son and daughter — are also expected to take the stand against him.

Prosecutors say the son, who was 18 at the time of the attack, will tell the jury that he and his sister, then 16, spoke with their father when he returned from Washington after the riot and that Mr. Reffitt threatened to shoot them if they went to the F.B.I. about him.

In a previous court hearing, the daughter testified that Mr. Reffitt threatened to put a bullet in her cellphone if she posted about him on social media.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/27/us/politics/jan-6-trial-guy-wesley-reffitt.html

Last edited:
Back