Nariman Abbasov fights on DWCS in 3 days

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
He's fighting Ismael Bonfim who is a good prospect in his own right. They're the 2 best fighters on the card and UFC main card worthy already.

Abbasov was the Fight Nights LW champ and is really good. Could really add to the influx of well rounded LW beasts and incredible EE/WA talent we've gotten and potential top LW.

his last win was a ROTY contender and he beat Piraev who is a legit LW who'd beat many UFC even some ranked LWs IMO. Remember the name...

I was just looking at this, that fight is an absolutely ridiculous offering.

How does a 28-3 vs 17-3 end up on Contender Series?

I'm assuming both have actually signed 6 fight contracts in real life, and this is purely for ratings, with the loser getting matched up in the UFC proper regardless.

If not, that's just ridiculous.

This is a show that routinely has 4-0 guys on it.

I'm assuming both have actually signed 6 fight contracts in real life, and this is purely for ratings, with the loser getting matched up in the UFC proper regardless.

Yeah contender series is filled with a lot of club fighters then they put Ismael Bonfim vs Abbasov against each other....Bonfim is on an 11 fight win streak and a 4-1 pro boxer, he's 26 and arguably Brazils best LW prospect. Abbasov is 28-3 on a 13 fight win streak and one of Russias best LW prospects at 28. It's wild to me they are putting these guys on the contender series let alone the fact they're having them face each other. Beyond stupid.

Yeah contender series is filled with a lot of club fighters then they put Ismael Bonfim vs Abbasov against each other....Bonfim is on an 11 fight win streak and a 4-1 pro boxer, he's 26 and arguably Brazils best LW prospect. Abbasov is 28-3 on a 13 fight win streak and one of Russias best LW prospects at 28. It's wild to me they are putting these guys on the contender series let alone the fact they're having them face each other. Beyond stupid.

Imagine if it goes the distance in a close fight, and Dana says something dumb about Contender Series being about finishes and ends up rejecting both...

But surely not.

Can't be.

Impossible.

Imagine if it goes the distance in a close fight, and Dana says something dumb about Contender Series being about finishes and ends up rejecting both...

But surely not.

Can't be.

Impossible.

They both come to bang, I think if it goes to a decision unless one of them gasses badly or something, one of them will get a contact, maybe both. It's still just stupid they sign so many low level guys, why would you put these guys who have both 20 or more pro fights and multiple big wins on the contender series.

The Contender Series is literally a labor-busting scam to get people on daddy dana's dick and control the narrative of who is a top fighter worthy of the UFC so that as little money goes to fighters as possible while pumping out pro-UFC pro-Dana content.

Then whoever wins this fight theyll credit their success/skills to Dana and this stupid series shit "discovering" them and giving them some amazing opportunity.

The Contender Series is literally a labor-busting scam to get people on daddy dana's dick and control the narrative of who is a top fighter worthy of the UFC so that as little money goes to fighters as possible while pumping out pro-UFC pro-Dana content.

Then whoever wins this fight theyll credit their success/skills to Dana and this stupid series shit "discovering" them and giving them some amazing opportunity.

Dude shut the fuck up

He's fighting Ismael Bonfim who is a good prospect in his own right. They're the 2 best fighters on the card and UFC main card worthy already.

Abbasov was the Fight Nights LW champ and is really good. Could really add to the influx of well rounded LW beasts and incredible EE/WA talent we've gotten and potential top LW.

his last win was a ROTY contender and he beat Piraev who is a legit LW who'd beat many UFC even some ranked LWs IMO. Remember the name...

I am pretty sure that Piraev is not LW, I can remember the thing is that he haven't fought at LW for years and failed to make weight for this fight against Abbasov. And in my opinion Piraev sucks. From what I understand it looks like after he went to KSW (lost there) he understood that he is not very good and since that started all this pop mma stuff, when he fights amateurs/bloggers/musicians in mma/boxing/bare knuckle bouts for money.

I am pretty sure that Piraev is not LW, I can remember the thing is that he haven't fought at LW for years and failed to make weight for this fight against Abbasov. And in my opinion Piraev sucks. From what I understand it looks like after he went to KSW (lost there) he understood that he is not very good and since that started all this pop mma stuff, when he fights amateurs/bloggers/musicians in mma/boxing/bare knuckle bouts for money.
I mean all these dudes have extensive records and tons of fights against UFC talent.

The brazilian guy they're forcing onto this show instead of a real contract was literally fighting UFC-level opponents a DECADE ago.

Because Dana is Julius fucking Caesar of the UFC dawg, they compete for the bald king’s entertainment.
1448684241875.png

But surely not.

Can't be.

Impossible.
The winner will get a contract and the loser will be a short notice call up

D6A88910-CC7E-453C-8706-002498D5D190.jpeg

The sad part is that basic facts do appear to be an insurmountable amount of information for the average fan.
Anything in my post wrong?
I watch every week and it's nonstop Dana deepthroating as some magical grand master, even when the cameras catch him not even paying attention during finishes lmao.

Last edited:
They both come to bang, I think if it goes to a decision unless one of them gasses badly or something, one of them will get a contact, maybe both. It's still just stupid they sign so many low level guys, why would you put these guys who have both 20 or more pro fights and multiple big wins on the contender series.
Because again: this show is a tool to reduce wages and create more stepping stones for foreign fighters, and as a casting couch for lesser "cool" fighters they want to make look good against total cans that couldn't sign to the UFC but they need to use for finishing-highlights. Only the dumbest simp shills could argue guys like Abbasov or Bonfim need a smoker fight at the Apex to prove anything when they've fought in front of big crowds against vets plenty of times.
You think either of these 30-fight 10 year vets would get a chance to squash a total can like they did with someone like OMalley or Nickal or Hardy?

Last edited:
Anything in my post wrong?

All of it is wrong? Like every single part.

It’s not a labor busting scam nor is the purpose to “control the narrative”

It’s added content for ESPN. It’s no different from TUF. Essentially televised try outs. Nothing nefarious about it

It actually gives young fighters added exposure before they go to the big show. Fighters that would otherwise be lost in the prelims get showcased

Winners receive the same standard UFC contract that direct hires get. They aren’t getting paid less.

Back