Nariman Abbasov fights on DWCS in 3 days

Because again: this show is a tool to reduce wages and create more stepping stones for foreign fighters, and as a casting couch for lesser "cool" fighters they want to make look good against total cans that couldn't sign to the UFC but they need to use for finishing-highlights. Only the dumbest simp shills could argue guys like Abbasov or Bonfim need a smoker fight at the Apex to prove anything when they've fought in front of big crowds against vets plenty of times.
You think either of these 30-fight 10 year vets would get a chance to squash a total can like they did with someone like OMalley or Nickal or Hardy?

You're so angry haha.

All of it is wrong? Like every single part.

It’s not a labor busting scam nor is the purpose to “control the narrative”

It’s added content for ESPN. It’s no different from TUF. Essentially televised try outs. Nothing nefarious about it

It actually gives young fighters added exposure before they go to the big show. Fighters that would otherwise be lost in the prelims get showcased

Winners receive the same standard UFC contract that direct hires get. They aren’t getting paid less.
lol they're getting paid way less for fights that are under the UFC banner lmaoooo
Yeah man what a freaking honor to be on a tuesday night smoker fight vs a prelim of a full card with 50k+ bonuses and stadium crowds :rolleyes:
Thank god for Daddy Dana giving these guys with over a decade of experience against guys with winning records a chance for some real experience. <Lmaoo>

You're so angry haha.
Genrally no,
Contextually, absolutely yes lol.
It's a new scam that MMA was fine without, but helps the UFC control more fighter's careers. Doesn't bother you at all eh?

Genrally no,
Contextually, absolutely yes lol.
It's a new scam that MMA was fine without, but helps the UFC control more fighter's careers. Doesn't bother you at all eh?

Bothers me plenty, you responded to me in multiple threads where I too was harping on the idiocy of it.

lol they're getting paid way less for fights that are under the UFC banner lmaoooo
Yeah man what a freaking honor to be on a tuesday night smoker fight vs a prelim of a full card with 50k+ bonuses and stadium crowds :rolleyes:
Thank god for Daddy Dana giving these guys with over a decade of experience against guys with winning records a chance for some real experience. <Lmaoo>

Its a paid job interview.

Yeah contender series is filled with a lot of club fighters then they put Ismael Bonfim vs Abbasov against each other....Bonfim is on an 11 fight win streak and a 4-1 pro boxer, he's 26 and arguably Brazils best LW prospect. Abbasov is 28-3 on a 13 fight win streak and one of Russias best LW prospects at 28. It's wild to me they are putting these guys on the contender series let alone the fact they're having them face each other. Beyond stupid.
I agree, the match-making is nonsensical at best and vindictive/prefferential at worst. For example:
1) a stale division with a champion and same two guys /gals getting title shots? UFC's answer is matching up new contenders against one another instead of giving either one a title shotx
2) guy/gal coming off a tough loss? UFC's answer is to give them the Sexyama treatment instead of a rebuild/rebound fight.
3) guy/gal is not that good at all but is named Greg Hardy? UFC's answer is to give you hand-picked opponents and stick you on the main card while the actual contenders (see above) are buried on the prelims.

He's fighting Ismael Bonfim who is a good prospect in his own right. They're the 2 best fighters on the card and UFC main card worthy already.

Abbasov was the Fight Nights LW champ and is really good. Could really add to the influx of well rounded LW beasts and incredible EE/WA talent we've gotten and potential top LW.

his last win was a ROTY contender and he beat Piraev who is a legit LW who'd beat many UFC even some ranked LWs IMO. Remember the name...

I'm a big fan of Abbasov but I think that Bonfim is going to be too technical on the feet for him. Shame as I'd favour just about every other lightweight this season apart from Rebecki and Sam Patterson.

The Contender Series is literally a labor-busting scam to get people on daddy dana's dick and control the narrative of who is a top fighter worthy of the UFC so that as little money goes to fighters as possible while pumping out pro-UFC pro-Dana content.

Then whoever wins this fight theyll credit their success/skills to Dana and this stupid series shit "discovering" them and giving them some amazing opportunity.

At least they get paid something for it. People didn't get paid anything for TUF and that takes weeks.

The Contender Series is literally a labor-busting scam to get people on daddy dana's dick and control the narrative of who is a top fighter worthy of the UFC so that as little money goes to fighters as possible while pumping out pro-UFC pro-Dana content.

Then whoever wins this fight theyll credit their success/skills to Dana and this stupid series shit "discovering" them and giving them some amazing opportunity.
Lmao spotted the Marxist

At least they get paid something for it. People didn't get paid anything for TUF and that takes weeks.
They got 5k for finishes on that show, plus travel and lodgings and random bonuses, plus tons of TV time on a major cable network during a time when the UFC was way less popular. Oh and even the shitty can-level losers got multiple UFC fights.

Now it's 5k with no travel expenses covered from what I have gathered, and unless you finish the person, probably not getting signed to even a single real UFC fight.

Last edited:
Lmao spotted the Marxist
How am I a Marxist for wanting better pay and noting that the system fucks with the earning power of fighters trying to reach the top of the sport?
You have no idea what you're talking about. The only person outed here is you being an absolute moron of a human, probably some little right wing troll who just calls anyone who gives a shit about other people a "commie" because you yourself are a political extremist hyper-focused on extremism. (should I be surprised looking at your dogshit profile? lol)

I'm in a thread trying to argue that actual talent should get paid and noting a scam by people who don't do any of the fighting (Dana and co.) to fuck them out of actual contracts and televised fights for their top level skills. How is that marxism?
I'm gonna laugh at whatever infantile scrawl you come back with, if anything.

Last edited:
They got 5k for finishes on that show, plus travel and lodgings and random bonuses, plus tons of TV time on a major cable network during a time when the UFC was way less popular.

Now it's 5k with no travel expenses covered from what I have gathered.

Where did you hear they don't get travel expenses? I'm pretty confident they do.

People used to regularly give up their jobs for TUF.

Where did you hear they don't get travel expenses? I'm pretty confident they do.

People used to regularly give up their jobs for TUF.
I don't actually know what is covered for DWCS expenses.

Guys "giving up their jobs" for TUF is proving my point (and it was hammed up to make things sound dramatic for a reality show): it was filled with guys who had way less professional MMA experience than the dudes this thread is about , who are clearly high level professionals already.

I don't actually know what is covered for DWCS expenses.

Guys "giving up their jobs" for TUF is proving my point (and it was hammed up to make things sound dramatic for a reality show): it was filled with guys who had way less professional MMA experience than the dudes this thread is about , who are clearly high level professionals already.

Eh not really, a lot of people on TUF were pretty experienced, you had a few guys on there who'd fought in PRIDE, Lyman Good was a former Bellator champ and he got knocked out in the qualifiers for the house.

Eh not really, a lot of people on TUF were pretty experienced, you had a few guys on there who'd fought in PRIDE, Lyman Good was a former Bellator champ and he got knocked out in the qualifiers for the house.
Did Lyman Good quit his job?

Lyman Good is a perfect example of the UFC clownshow:
-Proven vet who faced tons of top guys and won multiple titles
-Made to go through a ridiculous number of reality show hoops
-Still got signed when they needed a replacement body, and had actual success in the UFC

Meanwhile the dude who beat him on TUF? Zero reward for beating a top guy like Lyman and never even got a UFC fight despite never losing in his career.

Did Lyman Good quit his job?

Lyman Good is a perfect example of the UFC clownshow:
-Proven vet who faced tons of top guys and won multiple titles
-Made to go through a ridiculous number of reality show hoops
-Still got signed when they needed a replacement body, and had actual success in the UFC

Meanwhile the dude who beat him on TUF? Zero reward for beating a top guy like Lyman and never even got a UFC fight despite never losing in his career.

My only issue was inconsistency if you were pro TUF but anti DWCS. If you don't agree with either then that's fine.

My main issue is more with fighter quotas limiting opportunity, but we've all got to have our beefs.

Back