Nariman Abbasov fights on DWCS in 3 days

He started pressuring too late. Rounds 2 and 3 were really close tho. Both looked great and should be signed.

They really weren't close at all. Bonfim comfortably won every round. Was a fun fight but Bonfim was better everywhere.

@HuskySamoan

Did you catch this fight? was it any good?

I got around to watching the Bonfim brothers fights, one thing that stood out to me was how small Abbasov looked, because Ismael is on the smaller side of a LW (could maybe make FW) but Abbasov looked like a FW or BW, I knew he was small but he was always able to crush people with pressure anyways and had a physical style. Bonfim shut him down, great counter wrestling, quicker, crisper, dropped Abbasov twice in the first round, did a lot of good bodywork. Both brothers have really strong jabs they're good at working behind. Bonfim got a double leg and a back bodylock slam in the 3rd to but an exclamation point on things but round 2 and 3 Bonfim was just pretty much controlling the fight standing after a dominant round 1. Abbasov looked small and had bodyfat, which is crazy because Nariman used to fight at 170lbs too. I noticed how much bigger his LW teammate Tofiq Musayev was than him in training videos leading up to this fight though.

Gabriel Bonfim seemed to have some trouble standing vs Trey Waters, Waters looked better on the feet than I expected and he is 6'5 with a 77.5in reach, but overall Gabriel still got the better of the exchanges while they lasted I reckon. Gabriels jab was lightning quick and he hit a really well timed shot and then just sunk in the von flu when Trey held the guillotine after Gabriel cleared to the opposite sides side control. Gabriel looked smaller than he was listed at, it says he's 6'1 but he looked more like 5'10-5'11 but I haven't been able to find any pictures with him standing next to Luque to really compare.

The brothers seem really good, I mean they were both in my top 10 LW and WW prospects but I'm super excited to see where they go in the UFC, they feel like they could be big deals at only 25 and 26 years old with records like 13-0 and 18-3. I'd like to see Abbasov drop down to FW and get a second shot at a contract still, even Cormier said "this might be the highest level fight we've had all season", they shouldn't have been paired together.

I got around to watching the Bonfim brothers fights, one thing that stood out to me was how small Abbasov looked, because Ismael is on the smaller side of a LW (could maybe make FW) but Abbasov looked like a FW or BW, I knew he was small but he was always able to crush people with pressure anyways and had a physical style. Bonfim shut him down, great counter wrestling, quicker, crisper, dropped Abbasov twice in the first round, did a lot of good bodywork. Both brothers have really strong jabs they're good at working behind. Bonfim got a double leg and a back bodylock slam in the 3rd to but an exclamation point on things but round 2 and 3 Bonfim was just pretty much controlling the fight standing after a dominant round 1. Abbasov looked small and had bodyfat, which is crazy because Nariman used to fight at 170lbs too. I noticed how much bigger his LW teammate Tofiq Musayev was than him in training videos leading up to this fight though.

Gabriel Bonfim seemed to have some trouble standing vs Trey Waters, Waters looked better on the feet than I expected and he is 6'5 with a 77.5in reach, but overall Gabriel still got the better of the exchanges while they lasted I reckon. Gabriels jab was lightning quick and he hit a really well timed shot and then just sunk in the von flu when Trey held the guillotine after Gabriel cleared to the opposite sides side control. Gabriel looked smaller than he was listed at, it says he's 6'1 but he looked more like 5'10-5'11 but I haven't been able to find any pictures with him standing next to Luque to really compare.

The brothers seem really good, I mean they were both in my top 10 LW and WW prospects but I'm super excited to see where they go in the UFC, they feel like they could be big deals at only 25 and 26 years old with records like 13-0 and 18-3. I'd like to see Abbasov drop down to FW and get a second shot at a contract still, even Cormier said "this might be the highest level fight we've had all season", they shouldn't have been paired together.
It's a total joke any of these guys besides waters was on the season.

Back