NCAA Wrestling

Who? I think Taylor, Dake and maybe Stevenson have good chances for gold. Taylor has the best chance imo, I haven't seen Dake against the very best at 74kg (like Chamizo (at 74 - not 79); he only beat Burroughs when he was faded; and Sidakov). I have no doubt that Dake will get a medal though.
You have to understand. He’s an Italian hobbyist wrestler who enjoys hating on the US. He tried to pass off Chamizo as a pure Italian trained wrestler rather than the transfer he is.. until called out about it. It’s pretty clear it’s jealousy of the more available wrestling training in the US.

He comes across as the little kids coach who’s never coached cadet or above talking shit about college coaches
As far as US. I’m actually quite pessimistic about it. My most optimistic projection being
74kg - 2-3rd,
86kg - 2nd
97kg - 2-3rd
125kg - 2-3rd
The only medals I’m completely confident in are 74 and 86

Edit:
I think the medals in MFS will be a lot more spread out this year. I don’t think Russia runs away with it.

Maenza and Minguzzi for example.
In a country where freestyle and greco are small business. In Italy there is only soccer...

But this time the big USA where you can see hundreds of wrestling programs in colleges and high schools... 1 medal my friend.
San Marino having the US reps wasn’t embarrassing because hey, it’s San Marino. But a good but not great US wrestler just embarrassed your junior field on a whim.

Additionally, in the US, there’s multiple sports above wrestling. Stop making excuses. Actually, excuses are fine, just stop picking and choosing when you’re the braggadocio Italian, and then the excuse maker from the poor lil country.

Ohhh so you changed it to one medal.. instead of one gold. Lol.

And besides. I’ll be the first to criticize US wrestling issues. I have on here before. I call out your bullshit because if Pacino medaled at Junior worlds you would try to pretend he was one of yours unless called out.

And you know how to quote. Stop it with the selective machismo

You have to understand. He’s an Italian hobbyist wrestler who enjoys hating on the US. He tried to pass off Chamizo as a pure Italian trained wrestler rather than the transfer he is.. until called out about it. It’s pretty clear it’s jealousy of the more available wrestling training in the US.

He comes across as the little kids coach who’s never coached cadet or above talking shit about college coaches
As far as US. I’m actually quite pessimistic about it. My most optimistic projection being
74kg - 2-3rd,
86kg - 2nd
97kg - 2-3rd
125kg - 2-3rd

Edit:
I think the medals in MFS will be a lot more spread out this year. I don’t think Russia runs away with it.
I think Taylor will run away with the gold - he is my favorite US wrestler, so hopefully he ankle picks everyone

I think USA will get medals in 4/5 categories with a possibility for 2 golds; as prodigious as Stevenson is, he hasn't faced anywhere near the top 125ers in freestyle - at the senior level, at least. Snyder should get a bronze/silver to Sadulaev.

It is quite funny how Dake and Taylor are going in unseeded lmao. Depending on which side of the bracket they are on, they have a strong chance of ruining the medal hopes for 2/4 top seeds. I like Naifonov - who is already in Yazdani's bracket - so, I am hoping Taylor is on the opposite side of them lol

I think Russia may get 3 golds with Sidakov (we need to see Sidakov-Dake), Uguev (above the rest at 57kg) and Sadulaev. I like Rashidov at 65 and wouldn't be surprised were he to win, but I would like to see Otoguro take it.

I am in Scotland, and in the UK our wrestling is non-existent lol. We sent some guys (who I don't really know) to the Sassari tournament last week and they were matched up with some of Russia's best lmao, great way to boost confidence hahaha

But yeah.. Chamizo is a Cuban/American wrestler and no way did he live by Italian wrestling lol, same with their guy at 97 - also from Cuba. It is like trying to make out that Ismail Musukaev is from Hungary and wrestled for all of his life in Hungary - just wouldn't happen lol

I think Taylor will run away with the gold - he is my favorite US wrestler, so hopefully he ankle picks everyone

I think USA will get medals in 4/5 categories with a possibility for 2 golds; as prodigious as Stevenson is, he hasn't faced anywhere near the top 125ers in freestyle - at the senior level, at least. Snyder should get a bronze/silver to Sadulaev.

It is quite funny how Dake and Taylor are going in unseeded lmao. Depending on which side of the bracket they are on, they have a strong chance of ruining the medal hopes for 2/4 top seeds. I like Naifonov - who is already in Yazdani's bracket - so, I am hoping Taylor is on the opposite side of them lol

I think Russia may get 3 golds with Sidakov (we need to see Sidakov-Dake), Uguev (above the rest at 57kg) and Sadulaev. I like Rashidov at 65 and wouldn't be surprised were he to win, but I would like to see Otoguro take it.

I am in Scotland, and in the UK our wrestling is non-existent lol. We sent some guys (who I don't really know) to the Sassari tournament last week and they were matched up with some of Russia's best lmao, great way to boost confidence hahaha

But yeah.. Chamizo is a Cuban/American wrestler and no way did he live by Italian wrestling lol, same with their guy at 97 - also from Cuba. It is like trying to make out that Ismail Musukaev is from Hungary and wrestled for all of his life in Hungary - just wouldn't happen lol
That’s actually kinda funny. You’re more optimistic than me lol. Steveson needs to wrestle Geno or Akgul at least once before he beats them.

Cheers though, I’m actually drinking scotch lol.

And still... small Daghestan destroy usa. I'm not talking about Italian wrestling vs USA wrestling. You are drinking too much!

Remember. Two Italians!!<45><45>

One born in US . One born in Cuba. Your example is dumb. No one disputes Chamizo being good.
And still... small Daghestan destroy usa. I'm not talking about Italian wrestling vs USA wrestling. You are drinking too much!
Not really, just enough to be mellow. I didn’t start till around I replied to Kratos.

Second, Dagestan wrestling not really that small, percentage of population and quality of athlete in proportion to population and whatnot.

Third, yes we understand you are both jealous of how much wrestling America has, and happy to hate on America for all the reasons.

We still produce our own athletes and results without transfers. And instead of whining about it being a smaller niche sport for our country, which it is, our leadership, mostly is working to improve training and support systems to improve.

Though I’m glad I know the 97kg is Cuban. You’d have tried to take credit for him too lol. Just remember, a mid tier US athlete who had been doing nothing but folkstyle for a year.. with no real big domestic freestyle results.. just walked in and embarrassed your Junior talent

Who is this yunior talent?
Yes I'm jealous because in USA (Iran, former URSS block and Russian republics) there is a big wrestling movement but I don't hate these nations. In Italy we have only soccer... Wrestling is not in the schools and the federation is poor.

Yes I'm jealous because in USA (Iran, former URSS block and Russian republics) there is a big wrestling movement but I don't hate these nations. In Italy we have only soccer... Wrestling is not in the schools and the federation is poor.
Pacino

I really like Uguev, he is one of my favorite wrestlers to watch. However, another of my favorite to watch is Ravi Kumar from India. The guy has been straight up destroying to competition. I really would like to see him take it if Micic cannot. Also really like the Armenian In the field as well.

I have question for you. How well funded is Judo in Italy? I ask because Italy has very good talent in Judo, and they could possibly be good in wrestling as well. There was a video I saw a few months back of Fabio Basile and Chamizo in some sparring and Basile more than held his own. Hit some pretty nasty reaps on Chamizo that got my attention.

I have question for you. How well funded is Judo in Italy? I ask because Italy has very good talent in Judo, and they could possibly be good in wrestling as well. There was a video I saw a few months back of Fabio Basile and Chamizo in some sparring and Basile more than held his own. Hit some pretty nasty reaps on Chamizo that got my attention.

In this video you can see Chamizo score a big throw, but we are talking about light sparring.
In Italy Wrestling, judo and karate are in the same federation. Wrestling has about 130 gyms, a small number. The judo Olympic medals (from 1997 to Rio edition) are the result of an excellent coaching by a former freestyle wrestler (Romanacci).
You can see a lot of interesting mixture fight in beach wrestling where you can see a - 57kg female wrestler pinned a - 70kg International level female judoka during a real sparring.

Last edited:

74kg - 2-3rd,
86kg - 2nd
97kg - 2-3rd
125kg - 2-3rd

Edit:

I really don't see anyone stopping Dake or Taylor. I also think this will be Gable's most successful year as he's coming in as an unknown with relatively little studying of his style.

Gilman might win 1-2 but won't medal. Snyder will take silver or bronze depending on his draw.

I really don't see anyone stopping Dake or Taylor. I also think this will be Gable's most successful year as he's coming in as an unknown with relatively little studying of his style.

Gilman might win 1-2 but won't medal. Snyder will take silver or bronze depending on his draw.
I’m hopeful but cautious

Mohammadian is the Iran rep but he had a tough time qualifying and it doesn't look like he's the destroyer of worlds that I thought he was going to be. Hope Kyle can get that one back.

That's a weird excuse to repeatedly use while attacking a country where wrestling isn't one of the top 5 (or probably even top 10) most popular sports. You little troll.

You are wrong. Wrestling in USA is inside the top 10.

Back