NCAA Wrestling

Kid is a stud. Been watching him since he was little....he was in the same youth league as my sons.

What is in the water up there in Maryland? Seriously, you guys have been producing some fire the past few years. Snyder, Maroulis, Brooks, even though he represents VA Kurt Mchenry trained extensively there, Meyer Shapiro...Must be the crab cakes huh?

What is in the water up there in Maryland? Seriously, you guys have been producing some fire the past few years. Snyder, Maroulis, Brooks, even though he represents VA Kurt Mchenry trained extensively there, Meyer Shapiro...Must be the crab cakes huh?
Not sure man....but Maryland seems to be coming along. If only they could find a way to keep the talent in house.

I have a question, has Kawada ever been in NJPW?

And from a starter perspective as I am. It's curious how a lot of New Japan wrestlers were trained by AJPW alumni, like Naito, Taichi, Shingo Takagi and more...

I have a question, has Kawada ever been in NJPW?

And from a starter perspective as I am. It's curious how a lot of New Japan wrestlers were trained by AJPW alumni, like Naito, Taichi, Shingo Takagi and more...
Wrong thread. Might find an answer in n the pro wrestling discussion

Not sure man....but Maryland seems to be coming along. If only they could find a way to keep the talent in house.
Great point. Why aren't the Maryland kids enrolled at the University of Maryland?

Does anyone know what hoops one must go through to become a referee? This is something I have been seriously thinking about. If possible, all 3 styles. Anyone have a clue?

Does anyone know what hoops one must go through to become a referee? This is something I have been seriously thinking about. If possible, all 3 styles. Anyone have a clue?
What state are you in? Most folk style state associations will salivate at chance for new ref. As for Freco. USA wrestling has an entire system set up to train and upgrade refs.

I really don't see anyone stopping Dake or Taylor. I also think this will be Gable's most successful year as he's coming in as an unknown with relatively little studying of his style.

Gilman might win 1-2 but won't medal. Snyder will take silver or bronze depending on his draw.
Don't forget that Steveson wrestled a bunch of international freestyle as a cadet/junior. Hes not entirely unknown. Though he has gotten a lot better which is scary for an age group world champ.

That is a really tough loss for Gray. She wrestled well (had a really close semi-final) and essentially lost that final because of mistakes/bad tactical decisions

Silver is a great achievement though, she should be proud of herself.

That is a really tough loss for Gray. She wrestled well (had a really close semi-final) and essentially lost that final because of mistakes/bad tactical decisions

After greco debacle...

Speaking of Greco, what are the chances it is removed before the LA Olympics and freestyle men's and women's get more weight classes?

Really hoping she would get that elusive gold from the Olympics.

Those bronze medal matches were entertaining. Both ended with pins.

Meh, it’s popular outside the US.
Agreed. That's why I assumed they drop it, it will be for the Olympics the US is hosting.

Plus, it will mean more chances for women to earn medals since women don't compete in Greco at the Olympics.

My wrestling base is greco roman but I think the future is Freestyle Wrestling, Beach Wrestling and Nogi Grappling. In freestyle you can see a lot of action. The submission style is very popular and Beach Wrestling is also an interesting show. A freestyle ruleset with addictional points for upper body takedowns/throws could be interesting. UWW finally has a good president. Just my two cents.

Loving this start for Team USA. Awesome to see Gray bring a medal home, and I have a great feeling about Mensah-Stock. Love seeing our girls go out there and kick ass. Can't fucking wait for freestyle to start.

Back