NCAA Wrestling

No, he didn’t wrestle last year because Ivies cancelled the season.
Well that sucks. Hes pretty much a lock for number 4. Hopefully Marinelli and Arujau get one next year. And speaking of Marinelli. The Brands bros really do feel that NCAA wrestling is adequate (at least) preparation for freestyle bc he hasn't wrestled much FS at all has he? And I'd be shocked if he stopped wrestling after college.

Well that sucks. Hes pretty much a lock for number 4. Hopefully Marinelli and Arujau get one next year. And speaking of Marinelli. The Brands bros really do feel that NCAA wrestling is adequate (at least) preparation for freestyle bc he hasn't wrestled much FS at all has he? And I'd be shocked if he stopped wrestling after college.
Why would you be shocked

If anyone wants to see Chamizo get his passivity work against him, this is for you (from yesterday)- against Salkazanov, whom Dake beat in the World finals last year:

Oregon State just picked up Clackamas' head coach to be an assistant. Seems like a string hire since Clackamas recently won a number of consecutive junior college national championships.

Although, it would have been cool if Clackamas could have just been a feeder school for Oregon State

Who is Rhino on wrestling Twitter? I know he's a doctor and former Duke wrestler but that's all I can figure out. He's one of the very few who's actually not a complete fucking moron.

A few reasons.
1. Iowa
2. He never reached the top of NCAA wrestling and he was a BIG time High School recruit.
3. He just seems like a wrestling lifer.
- Im aware of how big a recruit he was lol. Im from the same area. I knew the coaches of the school he should have actually gone to.
- Iowas freestyle participation has dropped off dramatically. Hopefully that changes
From what I’ve been told he’ll probably do the “kinda in kinda out” while being a volunteer assistant for a year or two before coaching full time.

If I’m wrong az103 can gleefully quote this lol

Oregon State just picked up Clackamas' head coach to be an assistant. Seems like a string hire since Clackamas recently won a number of consecutive junior college national championships.

Although, it would have been cool if Clackamas could have just been a feeder school for Oregon State
Unless they bring someone completely different in as head coach they’ll probably stay a feeder and is why they hired him

- Im aware of how big a recruit he was lol. Im from the same area. I knew the coaches of the school he should have actually gone to.
- Iowas freestyle participation has dropped off dramatically. Hopefully that changes
From what I’ve been told he’ll probably do the “kinda in kinda out” while being a volunteer assistant for a year or two before coaching full time.

If I’m wrong az103 can gleefully quote this lol
No i think youre right about Marinelli. Though i think if he went greco it eould be fun. Im ok with iowa not being a we all do freestyle team, its good to have a prominent american folkstyle wrestling institution that focuses on developing our unique style. I doubt RPW ever comes back but ill keep dreaming for professional folkstyle.

No i think youre right about Marinelli. Though i think if he went greco it eould be fun. Im ok with iowa not being a we all do freestyle team, its good to have a prominent american folkstyle wrestling institution that focuses on developing our unique style. I doubt RPW ever comes back but ill keep dreaming for professional folkstyle.
Marinelli doing greco is a fun idea and I'm sure Lindland would absolutely love it. But I can't think of a single Iowa guy who went into greco. Did Marinelli ever wrestle greco at fargo?

I actually think that makes a lot of sense. He's not going to be competitive on the FS scene so why not?

If anyone wants to see Chamizo get his passivity work against him, this is for you (from yesterday)- against Salkazanov, whom Dake beat in the World finals last year:

why is he so passive? it literally costed him the match

why is he so passive? it literally costed him the match
It is his style. He capitalizes on mistakes made by his opponents. But many of the best don't give him mistakes to work with: Sidakov, Salkazanov, Burroughs and Dake all (mostly) gave him nothing.

He and JO upset in front of the hometown crowd. Fix blew leads in both. JO lost because of politics, apparently.

No. His “style” leaves him too open to matches that come down to close calls.

Back