New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Just saw on the ONE app that for the third or fourth year in a row, ONE has added a Seoul date to the calendar. This year it’s scheduled for Friday 21 Dec, the day before UFC is scheduled to have a show in Busan. What are the odds this is the year ONE has an event in Korea?

Gotta be something more to this, to be released after only one fight

Other than like Cindy Dandois, has UFC recently cut anyone off of a single loss?
None that I can think of. IIRC, he was hopping around on crutches on IG since that fight. My suspicion is he got hurt, and couldn’t take a fight, so they cut their losses completely. I think the UFC is going to keep being less sympathetic to injured fighters in the ESPN era of fights almost every weekend, and events that need filled with fighters, 85% of whom are completely replaceable.

Looks like another start up promotion.

Yikes, cut already? I would've thought they'd at least have him on the Korea card.
He was rehabbing his knee, probably couldn’t make a fight date they wanted him for.

ONE Champion has once again quietly removed the Seoul event from their schedule. I think it’s at least the third year straight that they’ve done this. Probably didn’t help that UFC announced their S. Korea event for the same weekend in Busan.

update on the man himself, Kim Soo Chul:

not sure exactly what they're saying, but it was surprising to see him retire with so much potential so hopefully he's making a comeback but it seems like they're just reminiscing and talking about what he's been up to. he's still training though, which is a good sign.

Da Un Jung showed quite a chin this weekend surviving Ibragimov's early onslaught, and really landed his jab well throughout the fight. Didn't love how easily Ibragimov got him to the floor.

Jun Yong Park looked heavy handed against Hernandez, and did a decent job of refusing to concede the bottom position. But in the end he just could not match Hernandez' pace, and gassed out badly.

Yikes, cut already? I would've thought they'd at least have him on the Korea card.
It's better than them keeping him on the sidelines for years before releasing him like they did to Dongi.

My guess is that they were looking to build him up against a Teymur who was well on his way out, and, since that failed, they just decided to let him go. Could see him making his way back with a few wins. Most likely in a short-notice spot.

I meant to share this when it was first posted. Kumite Tv interview with KTT and TFC boss Ha Dong-Jin.

A few cliffs:
-Some strong young guys coming up through KTT right now
-TFC is not dead, event before end of this year or sometime next year
-A ton of work goes into putting on just a single live event
-Excited for UFCks return to S. Korea in December
-Market for live mma not very strong in Korea right now, believes UFC’s return could help change that.

Double G FC 3 full lineup:

Three Koreans on the DEEP JEWELS 26 lineup:

Suwanan ”Amp the Rocket” Boonsoorn (3-2) vs. Yun-Ha Hong (3-4) at atomweight. Should make for an interesting ground battle.

Kana Watanabe (7-0-1) vs. Hi-Eun Kang (DEBUT?) at flyweight. Kang is another victim of greedy fight manager’s only looking out for their own interests, and promoters looking to build favored fighters on a mountain of cans.

Jung-Eun Park (5-6-1) vs. Emi Sato (4-3) at atomweight. Should be a good matchup.

where is the card gonna air anyways?

Not sure right now. Will update if I find out. They were fairly fast to upload after the last event, though.

Back