News New Lightweight rankings post UFC 262

I don't know that he'd beat anyone in the top 15. Possibly he could sub Kevin Lee in a 5 round fight after getting dominated for most of it. 6 is ridiculous.

After 3 losses, it is absurd. Shouldn't even be top 10 at this point .

Yeah, 3 losses should drop u alot further than that. Rankings should be reflective of the now, not what you did 5 years ago.

woodley was ranked like 7th or so after losing like 3 in a row I think.

They're still going to use him to build other fighters. I think tony is done. His route is going to end up like cowboy cerrone.

Get Conor the fuck out of there.

<DisgustingHHH>
how you going to remove Conor when he is fighting the Top contender? Even though He already lost to Poirer recently.. this is the most active we have seen the guy in years, Ranking more than deserved.. if anything.. Conor vs Tony should be the fight.. let Conor piggy back off Tony's twilight Woodley esque ending lol

I'm a Conor fan but how the f is he no.5? Lol.

Well I know how. But, that's stupid.

He lost his last 2/2 LW fights...
His last LW win was nearly 5 years ago.

Do you understand the definition of the word “egregious”?

Because I’m pretty sure Lee has at least one win in the last 4 years. Conor.. Not so much.

There are free online dictionary sites. Way to look like a dumbass by using a polysyllabic word that you clearly don’t know the definition of.

Lee has lost 3 of 4 and has faced all borderline top 10-15 fighters, you retard. Conor doesn't belong as high as he is, but at least his losses have come to the best fighters in the division.

Stop trying to sound intelligent. It doesn't suit you.

Those are promotinal rankings. They're not real. You have Conor still up there, no ranked LW win since 2016, lol. Sherdog rankings are for the unbiased fan. Fan-made rankings are shit as well. They're biased.

Exactly, Ferguson is a bigger name but right now when it comes to skillset i rather have Dober and Tsarukyen on my resume. Tsarukyen would wrestle fuck Tony and Dober would fuck him up on the feet.
sad but true

It was already a joke that Conor was there without having a winin the weight class against anyone currently ranked, but then for him to actually move up a spot? Over a guy who has several wins over ranked opponents? Terrible.

There's shenanigans afoot.

Also you are the one saying Islam should be ahead of Dariush.
Thats straight up delusional.
Dober was unranked when he fought Islam.

“Drew Dober enters this fight riding a four-fight winning streak. He’s won three in a row, all by stoppage. […] Though unranked, he’s a win or two from a spot in the top ten. A victory over the 14th ranked Makhachev will certainly boost him up the lightweight ladder.

Dober can stop you with either hand, however, if he has an Achilles heel, it’s he can be submitted. He’s been tapped out on a number of occasions.”
https://mmasucka.com/2021/03/04/drew-dober-islam-makhachev-ufc-259/

“In Makhachev’s way is Dober, who is 6-1 in his past seven outings. […] Currently unranked in the top-15, a win over Makhachev would give the argument he needs to face more esteemed opposition.”
https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/3/6/22317376/ufc-259-live-blog-islam-makhachev-vs-drew-dober

Umm yeah, I explained what Dober was ranked before and after his fight with Islam and why. Nothing in your long post addresses that.

Dos Anjos should be number 5.
If Islam beats Moises, he should be moved up to number 8.

Conor being fifth is hilarious, lol.
rda has 1 win at lw since 2015, and has won 2 of his last 6 and he's 7th.

look, conor is fighting the #1 guy next. we'll see how it goes. it's silly for people to focus on conor's ranking. he's hard to rank. he did have a win against a ranked lw in 2020. he's obviously a top 10 talent at lw. it's not that important where he's ranked at this moment. whether it's 5th or unranked (as some want).

to me the rankings are fine. tony is probably the guy who is too high now, even if his 3 losses are to #2, C, #3.

Back