New Winning FG-5000 vs FG-2900 (new versions vs old versions)

I'm 23" a large fits me fine. But i have to pull the strings of the headgear all the way to get that fit, my next winning headgear will be medium.

Are the FG-5000 on Rakuten the new models? I gather because the weight is listed at 420g that they are, but the price is also the same as what Winning USA sold the old models for.

Are the FG-5000 on Rakuten the new models? I gather because the weight is listed at 420g that they are, but the price is also the same as what Winning USA sold the old models for.

They get their equipment straight from from Winning Japan and they are the new models.

I'm also exactly 22.5 inches around the eyebrows but have a long shaped head.
Large the way to go?

I ended up buying a medium fg2900. The way it fits normally feels really tight against my nose, (I have a medium/smallish nose) to correct this I tighten up around the back but then it feels too tight everywhere else. I couldn't even send it back cause I got custom coloured.

Anyway anyone with 22.5 inch head find the large too big?

I'm considering buying a large and giving the medium away to a friend.

help please..

I have a 23 inch head, and it fits me perfect. See my winning FG-2900 review for how it fits and sits.

I ended up buying a medium fg2900. The way it fits normally feels really tight against my nose, (I have a medium/smallish nose) to correct this I tighten up around the back but then it feels too tight everywhere else. I couldn't even send it back cause I got custom coloured.

Anyway anyone with 22.5 inch head find the large too big?

I'm considering buying a large and giving the medium away to a friend.

help please..

I'm sorry I took so long to see your questions in this thread.

My rule of thumb is, when in doubt order a size up as its easier to lace it down tight.

I started with medium but only buy large now.

Stratos post above this one is spot on, go watch his excellent video and read the review, it's great.

I'm not sure if anyone else felt this way but I when I tried out a friend's large FG-2900 for a few sessions, it moved around a lot even with the back tied up as far as it would go and the chin strap tightened. When I measured my head I was right between 22.5-23.0, and my medium FG-5000 fits pretty well. Even though they're different headgears, I'm thinking it may be better to get a size smaller if you're on the fence and just try and loosen up the back than to try and tighten the hell out of a larger headgear to make it stay put.

I'm not sure if anyone else felt this way but I when I tried out a friend's large FG-2900 for a few sessions, it moved around a lot even with the back tied up as far as it would go and the chin strap tightened. When I measured my head I was right between 22.5-23.0, and my medium FG-5000 fits pretty well. Even though they're different headgears, I'm thinking it may be better to get a size smaller if you're on the fence and just try and loosen up the back than to try and tighten the hell out of a larger headgear to make it stay put.

Have you tried wearing a bandana underneath? It helps with the fit, the sweat, and keeps everything cleaner (though a bit hotter).

also depends on the shape of the head as well. Some people have an egg head and a large fits weird. I have a pumpkin head so it sits and fits way better.

also depends on the shape of the head as well. Some people have an egg head and a large fits weird. I have a pumpkin head so it sits and fits way better.

+100 for this.

My head shape is a lot like yours.

I have a 23 inch head, and it fits me perfect. See my winning FG-2900 review for how it fits and sits.

Yeah thanks I just read your review. I wasn't as blown away with mine due to the fit. From the pics in your review (and what others have said) with 23 inch head you have to tighten the strings all the way. That would suggest it would be too lose for anything smaller??

I might get the leather too ;)

Anyone think it could be possible to have custom size (half way between medium and large)?

mine is definitely not tight all the way, I have more than 2 inches of laces. If I tightened them all the way it wouldn't fit.

mine is definitely not tight all the way, I have more than 2 inches of laces. If I tightened them all the way it wouldn't fit.

Well thanks for that, now I'm going to have to splash out on another L and because of your review I'll have to order it in leather too :p

Also thanks Blair it was this thread that made me buy the first one :p

Back