Crime New York City Police Need to Be Held Accountable for Rising Crime, Andrew Yang Says

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
For the rising crimes in NYC according to Yang addressing cultural and racism has to be addressed.
It seems Yang has completely forgotten that NYC' City Council had defunded the police with one Billion cut of its funds.

Source
Yang believes that the city's police need to be held accountable for rising crime rates while also addressing cultural concerns within the police department.

"They actually should go hand in hand. You need to improve police culture while also holding police accountable to bring their resolution rates for violent crime up. Unfortunately, they are going down right now," Yang said. "That is another form of police accountability—if you have higher rates of unsolved crimes, that is not a trend that you want to continue."
At the end of 2020, the NYPD released statistics showing that the city had seen a 97 percent jump in shootings compared with the previous year, as well as a 45 percent jump in murders. There were more than 420 murders in 2020—over 140 more than the city saw in 2019. Shootings nearly doubled last year, rising dramatically from 777 in 2019 to 1,531 across the city's five boroughs in 2020.

Meanwhile, as Yang pointed out, the vast majority of New York City's shootings went unsolved in 2020. The police department's clearance rate for shootings—which means at least one suspect was arrested—stood just below 32 percent. Even fewer of those arrests resulted in prosecution and conviction.

Yang also wants to address widespread concerns about police culture and racism.

Last edited:
I mean even from your cliffs it's clear he said they need to be held accountable for lower resolution rates, not for actual crime rates, but keep bullshitting.
It’s the first thing said in the first quote

“Yang believes that the city's police need to be held accountable for rising crime rates”

Man. The first three replies are enough to just make someone sad

Yeah well the OP is actually right though. A large amount of the shootings that you see in POC neighborhoods are actually being committed by White supremacist gangs, militia's and police officers and are blamed on Black people and are never solved or investigated. They do this to keep up the myth of "black crime" so they can further justify more funding for the police and prisons and so they can imprison more innocent Black folks in America to use as servants in the private prison's after the abolishment of slavery.

I wonder if you can make it to 50 posts before you get banned.

It’s the first thing said in the first quote

“Yang believes that the city's police need to be held accountable for rising crime rates”

Man. The first three replies are enough to just make someone sad

The first quote isn't Yang's quote though. What Yang actually says doesn't say that.

The police are just tools of White supremacy. I would not be shocked to hear if most of those shootings in NYC that seemed to skyrocket last year were being committed by white police officers in black masks to sky rocket the stats and justify more taxpayer dollars going to them.

You are trying to hard. The trick to trolling is you say a series of subtle things which slowly move the tone of the thread towards a ridiculous position. The trick is to say things that will egg on people to say things that you can reply to which in turn get responses so by the sixth or seventh page you say something off the wall and it fits the current tone of the thread. If you start right off the bat with a outrageous statement people will just dismiss it.

Last edited:
Fucking democrats; shit all over police for doing their job, put restrictions on police so it is more difficult/impossible to do their job, then piss and moan when crime goes up. I'm starting to think the Dems lack all comprehension of practicality. They just spew a bunch of pie in the sky bullshit then whine like cunts when reality doesn't reflect their utopian fantasies.

This the yahoo that said 2k a month for all Americans regardless of if they have a job or not? So out of touch with millions and millions of Americans.

I am simply tired of these Democrats. Can't believe they got two votes out of me.
They create problems and blame someone else. They accuse people of wrong doing and change the wording when they do the same thing. They lie and talk out their anus. They hire people based on color of skin or LGBT reasons. They give money to other countries before taking care of their own. They call for unity but call 70 million Americans white supremacist.

Countries are happy Biden is in office because when he said America is back, it means we are back to footing the bill while these no-nothing countries talk shit about us.

Fuck em
Fuck Yang
Fuck Biden
Fuck Harris
Fuck AOC and her tag-alongs
Fuck Nancy and her tag-alongs
Fuck em all

Police in this country 100% need better training. It is simply too easy to be a cop
lol police do their job you arrested wrong people dont do their job you did no go around and arrested the right people. they cant do their job tdo to dems politicans trying to show world they can do everything when in reality they cant do nothing

Police in this country 100% need better training. It is simply too easy to be a cop

What are you talking about? It’s not that easy to even be accepted into a police academy. The training is rigorous and comprehensive. Standards to graduate are very high.

It's a difficult situation. If they actually enforce all the crime, they're condemned. If they slack off, they're also condemned. Honestly they can't win either way. It's just that the latter carries less risk of ruining an officer's career and image. So, I can see why they'd make that choice instead of the opposite choice in today's environment.

This the yahoo that said 2k a month for all Americans regardless of if they have a job or not? So out of touch with millions and millions of Americans.

I am simply tired of these Democrats. Can't believe they got two votes out of me.
They create problems and blame someone else. They accuse people of wrong doing and change the wording when they do the same thing. They lie and talk out their anus. They hire people based on color of skin or LGBT reasons. They give money to other countries before taking care of their own. They call for unity but call 70 million Americans white supremacist.

Countries are happy Biden is in office because when he said America is back, it means we are back to footing the bill while these no-nothing countries talk shit about us.

Fuck em
Fuck Yang
Fuck Biden
Fuck Harris
Fuck AOC and her tag-alongs
Fuck Nancy and her tag-alongs
Fuck em all
This

Perfect post that encapsulates the situation

I wonder if you can make it to 50 posts before you get banned.
That was some low quality trolling right there.

Trouble is it sounds so much like the rhetoric a lot of them actually spew that it's hard to tell these days

Back